POLL: Age of MennoNet Users

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

How old are you?

Total votes: 0

Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

I'm curious about the current age demographics of MennoNet participants.

Please indicate in the poll your age as of December 2019.

Feel free to discuss how your age, or the age of fellow MNers affects our conversations and perspectives. For those who've been around a while, how do you think these age demographics have changed since the days of MennoDiscuss.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: POLL: Ages of MennoNet Participants

Post by mike »

Dan Z wrote:I'm curious about the current age demographics of MennoNet participants.

Please indicate in the poll your age as of December 2010.

Feel free to discuss how your age, or the age of fellow MNers affects our conversations and perspectives. For those who've been around a while, how do you think these age demographics have changed since the days of MennoDiscuss.
Definitely an older demographic. I think Hans was 16 when he started MD, and a number of teens and lower 20s folks were here. I don't think most of them stuck around.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Dan Z

Post by Dan Z »

mike wrote:
Dan Z wrote:I'm curious about the current age demographics of MennoNet participants.

Definitely an older demographic. I think Hans was 16 when he started MD, and a number of teens and lower 20s folks were here. I don't think most of them stuck around.
It will be interesting to see how it shakes out, but I get the same sense.

I originally came to MennoDiscuss about 12+ years ago because of my work in Anabaptist education - to stay connect to what conservative-leaning Mennonite young people were thinking. Zanga and personal bogging were giving way to social media at that point. On MennoDiscuss there seemed to be two main groups - a larger group of young people in their teens and twenties like our founder, and then a smaller cluster of middle-aged folks like me looking for a thoughtful outlet to discuss our faith and be challenged...and for course a few in between like you Mike. :)
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Not sure if I can handle that much math before noon, though I like the idea of feeling a bit younger.

It will be interesting to compare to the previous poll; there have been some new members since then, as well as a few no longer with us.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Dan Z

Post by Dan Z »

ohio jones wrote:

Not sure if I can handle that much math before noon, though I like the idea of feeling a bit younger.

It will be interesting to compare to the previous poll; there have been some new members since then, as well as a few no longer with us.
Oops - fixed that date - thanks for the heads up. I would have been in a different age bracket in 2010. :)

I had forgotten about that other poll from 2 years ago. Yes, lets see how the demographics have changed.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Dan Z wrote:I would have been in a different age bracket in 2010. :)
So was I; I had to go back and change my vote. :geek:
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Re: POLL: Age of MennoNet Users

Post by joshuabgood »

I was in my late 20s when it started. Been around pretty much ever since. Now 42. First age I saw on Wayne when he was here was 49.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

I’m not sure exactly when I started on MD, I think it was 2003 or 2004 when I briefly lived in Los Angeles. I would have been in my mid-20’s at that point. Now I’m 40 :shock:
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Dan Z

Post by Dan Z »

We’ve got a nice bell curve going so far.
0 x
undershepherd
Affiliation: Mountain Valley Menn

Post by undershepherd »

I signed up on MD in November of 2005 if I remember correctly. I was 29 years old at the time. There were a bunch of folks in their 20's and 30's on MD at that time. I guess we have all aged together and are now in our 40's and early 50's. It is amazing how time flies.
0 x