Introductions

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Introductions

Post by temporal1 »

horsegal wrote:
temporal1 wrote:horsegal registered - :D
now mother of 8! if memory serves, the last she posted, they had a new #5!
#5 is turning 8 this week. Time flies! It is great to "see" you here t1. It is great to see some other familiar names here as well.
o.my.stars&garters. :shock:
meanwhile, my granddaughter turned 9 on Saturday - she has become quite the horse-gal. :)

her mommy was a "natural" on horses (whenever she got the chance, we did not have them!)
when she took her interest into college, i told her, "child, you were born 100 years too late!"
she joined a club and showed horses in college, worked in a horse supply store ..

there's a family story about one of her ancestors that was quite the horsewoman.
must have been in the 1800's ..
she was petite, she/they sold horses based on "lady-broke" horses .. but! :P
the story goes, that was a bit misleading, considering her unusual ability. :lol:
i only know enough to wonder .. and hope no one was overly duped.

so, we guess these young ones come by it naturally.
not everyone does.
my father, brothers, son, were/are on the mechanical side, horses did not come naturally.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

hillperson is registered. :D
can princessforGod be far behind? :D
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

With the advent of the "Flannel shirts" thread, MrJim could not be far away. :arrow:
MrJim: REGISTRATION STEP TWO
:yawn:
0 x

UNKNOWN
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

I'm Francis, I was on MD but didn't post very much. I'm a former catholic who's very interested in Anabaptist theology. I'm in the Boston area where there are 2 congregations predominantly: boston mennonite congregation (super liberal) and followers of the way, (which I've seen some criticism of on here.) Thanks to the mennonet community for having me!
1 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

francis wrote:I'm Francis, I was on MD but didn't post very much. I'm a former catholic who's very interested in Anabaptist theology. I'm in the Boston area where there are 2 congregations predominantly: boston mennonite congregation (super liberal) and followers of the way, (which I've seen some criticism of on here.) Thanks to the mennonet community for having me!
WELCOME from another (former) New Englander. I grew up in Middleboro, MA.
1 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

francis wrote:I'm Francis, I was on MD but didn't post very much. I'm a former catholic who's very interested in Anabaptist theology. I'm in the Boston area where there are 2 congregations predominantly: boston mennonite congregation (super liberal) and followers of the way, (which I've seen some criticism of on here.) Thanks to the mennonet community for having me!
There is a small church in Mendon, MA that is very conservative.

I would say to give it a visit and give Followers of the Way a visit too; most of us find we go to an imperfect church, sometimes a very imperfect one.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Josh wrote:

I would say to give it a visit and give Followers of the Way a visit too; most of us find we go to an imperfect church, sometimes a very imperfect one.
True. Imperfect churches for imperfect people! :D
1 x
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

RZehr wrote:
Josh wrote:

True. Imperfect churches for imperfect people! :D
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely give FoTW a visit, not sure I can get to Mendon anytime soon because I don't have a car, but I saw an article about it and it looks lovely.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

francis wrote:Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely give FoTW a visit, not sure I can get to Mendon anytime soon because I don't have a car, but I saw an article about it and it looks lovely.
The negative about FotW basically came from one person. I'm friends with the church and can recommend it. (sure there are a few things I would wish were different but that is true anywhere I've been)

I am also friends of the people at this church and attended here recently. Tell them I directed you to them.
http://walking-by-faith.org/
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Re: Welcome to MennoNet
postby cfpierson » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:09 am
I am an Anabaptist minister who is looking for fellowship, discussion, and sharing about our faith. "Anabaptism" today encompasses a rather large continuum of beliefs/theology from very conservative to very liberal. I'm on the conservative side. Looking forward to participating with this group.
@cfpierson

Do you care to share more about where you fit on the continuum?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"