Introductions

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
Reflecting
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Introductions

Post by Reflecting »

I’m curious about people who seem to be familiar with Mennodiscuss/MennoNet but I do not recognize their usernames. This maybe due to faulty memory on my part OR they may have renamed as they came on board here OR they may know me better than I know them because they came to MDland after I had pretty much left MD. Anyway, just asking for intro from people who did not have to ( or could not) come through the second step process. ;)

Thanks!
0 x
”reflectthelight” in MDland
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Reflecting wrote:I’m curious about people who seem to be familiar with Mennodiscuss/MennoNet but I do not recognize their usernames.
This maybe due to faulty memory on my part
OR they may have renamed as they came on board here
OR they may know me better than I know them because they came to MDland after I had pretty much left MD.
Anyway, just asking for intro from people who did not have to ( or could not) come through the second step process. ;)

Thanks!
Welcome back, Reflecting - :D
i’m enjoying reading through the threads you are choosing - following you around ..

i think i understand about changed usernames.
early on, i liked the way ShantyShaker put his/their former username in his/their signature line:
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=116

several new usernames are (impossible) to figure out! :P

Mrs Nisly, this thread’s OP, is a great example. :mrgreen:
glad you found this thread amongst others.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Reflecting wrote:I’m curious about people who seem to be familiar with Mennodiscuss/MennoNet but I do not recognize their usernames. This maybe due to faulty memory on my part OR they may have renamed as they came on board here OR they may know me better than I know them because they came to MDland after I had pretty much left MD. Anyway, just asking for intro from people who did not have to ( or could not) come through the second step process. ;)

Thanks!
Sometimes we may feel it is time for a fresh start with a new name and no baggage. By the way, I don't recognize you either.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Hats Off wrote:
Reflecting wrote:I’m curious about people who seem to be familiar with Mennodiscuss/MennoNet but I do not recognize their usernames. This maybe due to faulty memory on my part OR they may have renamed as they came on board here OR they may know me better than I know them because they came to MDland after I had pretty much left MD. Anyway, just asking for intro from people who did not have to ( or could not) come through the second step process. ;)

Thanks!
Sometimes we may feel it is time for a fresh start with a new name and no baggage. By the way, I don't recognize you either.
She was reflect the light on MD.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Must have been before my time or not controversial enough as I don't remember.
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Thanks!
Hi Reflect. Good to hear from you again. I am assuming you still know who I am. :)
0 x
Reflecting
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Reflecting »

appleman2006 wrote:

Thanks!
Hi Reflect. Good to hear from you again. I am assuming you still know who I am. :)
absolutely! And I’m glad we had a chance to meet irl. :)
0 x
”reflectthelight” in MDland
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Welcome everybody to Mennonet!

If you haven't discovered yet, Mennonet is a place where you will find some of the best representations of Christianity as well as some of the worst.
So here is a bit of advice...
Life is too short to spend it reacting to the things we don't like. Please don't allow the non-Christlike behavior, unscriptural beliefs, and ungodly perspectives on MN to make you cynical or discouraged. If it does, get contact info for some of the Christlike folks so you can stay in contact with them, and then leave Mennonet. Not everybody is well suited for sorting through the mess and picking out the good.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Ernie wrote:Welcome everybody to Mennonet!

If you haven't discovered yet, Mennonet is a place where you will find some of the best representations of Christianity as well as some of the worst.
Life is too short to spend it reacting to the things we don't like. Please don't allow the non-Christlike behavior, unscriptural beliefs, and ungodly perspectives on MN to make you cynical or discouraged. If it does, get contact info for some of the Christlike folks so you can stay in contact with them, and then leave Mennonet. Not everybody is well suited for sorting through the mess and picking out the good.
So WHO determines which are "unscriptural beliefs", "ungodly perspectives", and "non-Christ-like behavior"?
Is this post "Christ-like"? Chapter and verse please... :pray :angel :shock:
Of course none of us are into condemnation or judging others motives or perspectives, right? :mrgreen: :geek:
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

gcdonner wrote:
Ernie wrote:Welcome everybody to Mennonet!

So WHO determines which are "unscriptural beliefs", "ungodly perspectives", and "non-Christ-like behavior"?
Is this post "Christ-like"? Chapter and verse please... :pray :angel :shock:
Of course none of us are into condemnation or judging others motives or perspectives, right? :mrgreen: :geek:
It is quite apparent that only people who aren't part of a conservative anabaptist group qualify to judge others. You can stick on all the smilies you want. Doesn't change what you're saying. We aren't THAT stupid that we can't read between the lines.
0 x