Introductions

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
Blondie54
Affiliation: Catholic

Re: Introductions

Post by Blondie54 »

:!: I'm here!!!!!!! Have been a long time guest .
3 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Welcome!
1 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Blondie54 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:00 am :!: I'm here!!!!!!! Have been a long time guest .
Your familiarity with different topics suggests you’ve been reading. :D
MennoNett began in Oct 2016 after an abrupt crash of MennoDiscuss.com - did you read MD, too?

Tell us more! :blah: We’re readers, too! :mrgreen:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:58 am
MennoNett began in Oct 2016
Nah, he didn't join until 2020.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Blondie54

Post by Blondie54 »

I've been reading this forum for about 3 years as a guest. I've spent an inordinate amount of time reading many of your topics, from religion to the homestead. I mostly joined so I could like what many of you wrote, only to find I can't do that anymore. Must have overused it from my list I kept. Hoping to be able to do it again on a tiny scale. Will email a moderator later. I'm Catholic and live in California. I enjoy reading your comments and enjoy your simple lifestyle.
3 x
Blondie54

Post by Blondie54 »

Oh, I'm mostly on my phone so my comments are harder to type . Using my tablet now though. Easier on my tablet.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

.. I mostly joined so I could like what many of you wrote, ..
fun to see someone enthusiastically “like”/heart :D
is it possble to overuse?! i guess i’ll have to try harder. :mrgreen:
0 x

UNKNOWN
S A DeVault
Affiliation: Alien

Post by S A DeVault »

Hello everyone, My name is Shawn I'm 27, married, and living in South Central Wisconsin. My "faith journey" or whatever one would call it is long but I'll try to summarize. I was born to a Roman Catholic mother and a Sunni Muslim father. I was baptized Roman Catholic as in infant, but was raised Muslim,although my mother and her side of the family would frequently take me to Mass, taught me basic prayers, etc. I converted to Christianity about three years ago, and did some denomination hopping but quickly went with the Church of Rome because it was what my wife and I were most familiar with. Two years ago I began studying theology through online classes from the Franciscan University of Steubenville, and then I began looking into other denominations on my own. Over time I've became more and more uncomfortable with certain dogmas and practices of the Roman Church, and I cannot with good faith stay there. I began reading about the Anabaptist tradition just out of curiosity, but now I am wanting to seriously discern it, which is why I'm here. I have a lot to learn so please forgive me if I have an incorrect understanding of something or may say something wrong, I really mean no offense. Hope to chat with you all soon! If any of you are elders, or maybe made the jump from Roman Catholicism, or simply think you might have something I should know, feel free to PM
5 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

S A DeVault wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:07 pm Hello everyone, My name is Shawn I'm 27, married, and living in South Central Wisconsin. My "faith journey" or whatever one would call it is long but I'll try to summarize. I was born to a Roman Catholic mother and a Sunni Muslim father. I was baptized Roman Catholic as in infant, but was raised Muslim,although my mother and her side of the family would frequently take me to Mass, taught me basic prayers, etc. I converted to Christianity about three years ago, and did some denomination hopping but quickly went with the Church of Rome because it was what my wife and I were most familiar with. Two years ago I began studying theology through online classes from the Franciscan University of Steubenville, and then I began looking into other denominations on my own. Over time I've became more and more uncomfortable with certain dogmas and practices of the Roman Church, and I cannot with good faith stay there. I began reading about the Anabaptist tradition just out of curiosity, but now I am wanting to seriously discern it, which is why I'm here. I have a lot to learn so please forgive me if I have an incorrect understanding of something or may say something wrong, I really mean no offense. Hope to chat with you all soon! If any of you are elders, or maybe made the jump from Roman Catholicism, or simply think you might have something I should know, feel free to PM
Great to have you on board, Shawn. Welcome.
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Neto wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:30 pm
S A DeVault wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:07 pm Hello everyone, My name is Shawn I'm 27, married, and living in South Central Wisconsin. My "faith journey" or whatever one would call it is long but I'll try to summarize. I was born to a Roman Catholic mother and a Sunni Muslim father. I was baptized Roman Catholic as in infant, but was raised Muslim,although my mother and her side of the family would frequently take me to Mass, taught me basic prayers, etc. I converted to Christianity about three years ago, and did some denomination hopping but quickly went with the Church of Rome because it was what my wife and I were most familiar with. Two years ago I began studying theology through online classes from the Franciscan University of Steubenville, and then I began looking into other denominations on my own. Over time I've became more and more uncomfortable with certain dogmas and practices of the Roman Church, and I cannot with good faith stay there. I began reading about the Anabaptist tradition just out of curiosity, but now I am wanting to seriously discern it, which is why I'm here. I have a lot to learn so please forgive me if I have an incorrect understanding of something or may say something wrong, I really mean no offense. Hope to chat with you all soon! If any of you are elders, or maybe made the jump from Roman Catholicism, or simply think you might have something I should know, feel free to PM
Great to have you on board, Shawn. Welcome.
:D Welcome
0 x

UNKNOWN