Can we make MN less hostile?

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Can we make MN less hostile?

Post by temporal1 »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:10 pm
Pelerin wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:05 pm
Verity wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:49 pm I was thinking of the many visitors who never join. On any given day if I pop in there are between 15-25 visitors. That's a lot of traffic. I personally know some folks who are seeking and stop here to get a feel for things in various settings. MN is a safe place to do that, which is great.
Most of those 15-25 visitors are automated bots, not real people.
I do not doubt that. You can browse without any signin.
i think Robert+mods quietly do a lot of prevention to protect the forum.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

I, for one, believe we should not accept that we are the way we are and should just live with it. So many church splits where people just refused to get along. However, I realize that some have grown up in hostile church environments and have accepted it as a norm.

With regard to this forum I can encourage a better presentation of Christianity as unbelievers/seekers look on and do my part to reflect how I believe the scriptures tell me as a Christ follower to conduct myself. And many times I have failed in this area but I aim to improve as the Spirit enables me to.

Jesus said we are the light of the world and we are to let that light so shine before men by our good works that in so doing God will be glorified and will draw others to Himself. But, if I don't really care about unbelievers/seekers coming to know the Lord, then perhaps in-fighting in the family of God, in public, is what I will do. That is how I'm seeing it and need to make changes with God's help.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Disciple of Christ
Affiliation: Impartial Christian

Post by Disciple of Christ »

BTW is it possible to ban other users of this group so that they can no longer read anything you post?
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Disciple of Christ wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am BTW is it possible to ban other users of this group so that they can no longer read anything you post?
No. You can set it up so you do not see their posts, but not the other way around.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Disciple of Christ wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am BTW is it possible to ban other users of this group so that they can no longer read anything you post?
Is it really that bad that we have to go down that road? That kind of mentality never ends well.... ever.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

If you go into your user profile, you will have a Foe list. Anyone you add in there will not show up when you read a thread. If they are quoted by someone else, they will, but their original posts will not show up.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.