Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Total votes: 0

Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Poll: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Post by Valerie »

temporal1 wrote:
temporal1 wrote:i presume many are attending to this sad incident in Michigan.
Amish buggy hit by pickup truck, 3 fatalities, 6 critically injured
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/29/mi ... riage.html

prayers for all impacted. :(
as i drive along, i think of these folks. most roads i drive on look just like this one, with farm equipment “always possible,” along the way. i don’t see buggies, but, can easily imagine them everywhere. one hazard i so dislike is sun in my eyes, sometimes blinding. i wonder if this was a factor. it was morning, they were all traveling east.

http://amishamerica.com/three-children- ... ggy-crash/

continuing prayers.
Unfortunately we read about buggy accidents too often- we frequently encounter buggies and there HAS been accidents where sun is a factor in blinding the drivers- the roads twist & turn, hilly, etc- far too many buggy accidents & I have read our papers say they have increased since cell phones-

Also, the young Amish have these pony carts- I am not for those being on the same roads, that big diesel trucks use- it seems far too risky, and I am surprised their parents allow this- I realize they learn very young to handle ponies & horses but they are not easily seen and it's just such a danger-
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:
Wade wrote:When one works strange's shifts, long hours, tries to fix up an old house, has broken down vehicles, cares for a large family, scoops squirrels out of the well..., has to counteract ideas the children are learning at church, budget isn't happening, lacks sleep, and etc. physically the body starts to be run down...

People are starting to ask where my vibrancy went...
I'm tired...
for self-preservation, somehow, you must learn to pace yourself. in every way, including spiritually. there is a way. God promises He will provide a way. He does.

in our busiest times, days were l-o-n-g, and demanding. 7 days weekly. i woke before everyone, each morning i prayed for strength and guidance to meet THAT DAY. that ONE day. one day at a time.
like you, i believe, it was a labor of love .. that’s a tremendous gift and motivation to do it. with God’s help, to manage to do it. how do people manage without faith? it’s a wonder to me.

“Half an hour's prayer each day is essential, except when you are busy.
Then a full hour is needed.”
Saint Francis de Sales

i did not read this until years after our busiest years. but, just the same, it resonated.
Wade, Temp said it well. Like the well, the vehicles are also essential: transportation is a must. One task at a time is a good way to pace it. Screen out the well with a hardware cloth wire mesh, you need fresh water - have the oldest help you so they can help in the future (if it doesn't pose a safety problem.)

In those difficult periods of my life, half an hour with the Lord in prayer in the morning and again before bedtime got me through it. Sometimes the children prayed with me if they weren't in bed. The power of that role modeling cannot be underestimated.

Allow me to add that eating with the family is a good plan for letting the children talk so you can track what they hear. If you can manage that I highly recommend it. It was also a time for me to rally the family to help me out. My wife helped track what the children hear and did interventions.

You will get through this and it will teach you resiliency, steadfast perseverance and to greatly trust in God. It sounds like you have caring people at church and work. Perhaps you can ask for help with the vehicles. Surely some one knows something about cars?

Keeping you all in prayer, Wade. :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by Once Again »

Requesting prayers for a dear elderly friend of mine named Lucy. She fell a few weeks ago and broke the lower part of her femur. It is not healing well and if it doesn't show improvement on the next x-ray, another surgery will be required. Please pray that she will be able to recover without further surgery.

Thanks,
Laura
0 x
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by Once Again »

Thanks to all for your prayers for Lucy. She will not have to endure further surgery on her leg.

Blessings,
Laura
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Once Again wrote:Thanks to all for your prayers for Lucy. She will not have to endure further surgery on her leg.

Blessings,
Laura
Praises and blessings be to God.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Once Again wrote:Requesting prayers for a dear elderly friend of mine named Lucy. She fell a few weeks ago and broke the lower part of her femur. It is not healing well and if it doesn't show improvement on the next x-ray, another surgery will be required. Please pray that she will be able to recover without further surgery.
Thanks,
Laura
i haven’t been present in recent weeks, glad to read your friend is doing well. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

temporal1 wrote:
Once Again wrote:Requesting prayers for a dear elderly friend of mine named Lucy. She fell a few weeks ago and broke the lower part of her femur. It is not healing well and if it doesn't show improvement on the next x-ray, another surgery will be required. Please pray that she will be able to recover without further surgery.
Thanks,
Laura
i haven’t been present in recent weeks, glad to read your friend is doing well. :)
Where have you been? I was wondering!
0 x
Valerie

Re: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Post by Valerie »

Please pray for a 'soldier' whose been taken down in spiritual battle-
His name is "Jeff" and I ask you to please pray for his soul, his repentance, that his eyes are opened to the sin he's using scripture to justify, and that he come back to the Lord- also for the other 'soul' involved in his sin- and that his marriage be restored.

Thank you!!

We are in a war~as Apostle Paul taught- the battle belongs to the Lord but we need our fellow soldiers to come along as this man is fallen-

Thank you, may God have mercy, may we look forward to his restoration as we pray.
Jesus will leave the 99 in search of the 1 lost sheep. He loves us that much.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote:Please pray for a 'soldier' whose been taken down in spiritual battle-
His name is "Jeff" and I ask you to please pray for his soul, his repentance, that his eyes are opened to the sin he's using scripture to justify, and that he come back to the Lord- also for the other 'soul' involved in his sin- and that his marriage be restored.

Thank you!!

We are in a war~as Apostle Paul taught- the battle belongs to the Lord but we need our fellow soldiers to come along as this man is fallen-

Thank you, may God have mercy, may we look forward to his restoration as we pray.
Jesus will leave the 99 in search of the 1 lost sheep. He loves us that much.
praying for Jeff.
esp since stumbling onto MD, reading of CA beliefs+practices with marriage-divorce-remarriage, a frequent prayer is for “everyone” to return to the importance of understanding scriptural teachings on what marriage is meant to be ~ in God’s view. so many now go through life 100% clueless.

i believe many marriages could be saved from that one change.
i.e., so much happens in abject ignorance.

not to overlook, this happens, even IN churches, amongst church-going people!
to be a conscientious pastor or priest must be agonizing. :(
folks may, or may not be reading scriptures, if so, they are not reading for content? perhaps, as law schools teach, they read, looking hard for exceptions?

human law has become so incredibly important in our culture. not just laws, themselves, but, strategies at how to arrive at crafting law. wanted or not, “strategizing” seeps into the consciousness.

it’s such a big problem, it’s hard to think about. painful.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Billy Graham dies
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1093

not wanting to post in politics category, just having read this: :)
”My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world.”
Billy Graham
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/billy_graham_382921
0 x

UNKNOWN