Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

1. Yes, it's useful, a category for this use would be a positive.
19
73%
2. No, thank you, anyway.
2
8%
3. Ambivalent. Whatever others decide is fine.
5
19%
 
Total votes: 26

Valerie
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:59 am
Location: Medina OH
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Poll: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Postby Valerie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:33 am

temporal1 wrote:
temporal1 wrote:i presume many are attending to this sad incident in Michigan.
Amish buggy hit by pickup truck, 3 fatalities, 6 critically injured
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/29/mi ... riage.html

prayers for all impacted. :(
as i drive along, i think of these folks. most roads i drive on look just like this one, with farm equipment “always possible,” along the way. i don’t see buggies, but, can easily imagine them everywhere. one hazard i so dislike is sun in my eyes, sometimes blinding. i wonder if this was a factor. it was morning, they were all traveling east.

http://amishamerica.com/three-children- ... ggy-crash/

continuing prayers.


Unfortunately we read about buggy accidents too often- we frequently encounter buggies and there HAS been accidents where sun is a factor in blinding the drivers- the roads twist & turn, hilly, etc- far too many buggy accidents & I have read our papers say they have increased since cell phones-

Also, the young Amish have these pony carts- I am not for those being on the same roads, that big diesel trucks use- it seems far too risky, and I am surprised their parents allow this- I realize they learn very young to handle ponies & horses but they are not easily seen and it's just such a danger-
0 x

MaxPC
Posts: 1732
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:09 pm
Location: Full time RVers
Affiliation: Catholic
Contact:

Re: Poll: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Postby MaxPC » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:55 am

temporal1 wrote:
Wade wrote:When one works strange's shifts, long hours, tries to fix up an old house, has broken down vehicles, cares for a large family, scoops squirrels out of the well..., has to counteract ideas the children are learning at church, budget isn't happening, lacks sleep, and etc. physically the body starts to be run down...

People are starting to ask where my vibrancy went...
I'm tired...
for self-preservation, somehow, you must learn to pace yourself. in every way, including spiritually. there is a way. God promises He will provide a way. He does.

in our busiest times, days were l-o-n-g, and demanding. 7 days weekly. i woke before everyone, each morning i prayed for strength and guidance to meet THAT DAY. that ONE day. one day at a time.
like you, i believe, it was a labor of love .. that’s a tremendous gift and motivation to do it. with God’s help, to manage to do it. how do people manage without faith? it’s a wonder to me.

“Half an hour's prayer each day is essential, except when you are busy.
Then a full hour is needed.”
Saint Francis de Sales

i did not read this until years after our busiest years. but, just the same, it resonated.

Wade, Temp said it well. Like the well, the vehicles are also essential: transportation is a must. One task at a time is a good way to pace it. Screen out the well with a hardware cloth wire mesh, you need fresh water - have the oldest help you so they can help in the future (if it doesn't pose a safety problem.)

In those difficult periods of my life, half an hour with the Lord in prayer in the morning and again before bedtime got me through it. Sometimes the children prayed with me if they weren't in bed. The power of that role modeling cannot be underestimated.

Allow me to add that eating with the family is a good plan for letting the children talk so you can track what they hear. If you can manage that I highly recommend it. It was also a time for me to rally the family to help me out. My wife helped track what the children hear and did interventions.

You will get through this and it will teach you resiliency, steadfast perseverance and to greatly trust in God. It sounds like you have caring people at church and work. Perhaps you can ask for help with the vehicles. Surely some one knows something about cars?

Keeping you all in prayer, Wade. :pray
1 x
Max (aka Plain Catholic)
Psalm 105

Once Again
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:38 am
Location: Oklahoma
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: Poll: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Postby Once Again » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Requesting prayers for a dear elderly friend of mine named Lucy. She fell a few weeks ago and broke the lower part of her femur. It is not healing well and if it doesn't show improvement on the next x-ray, another surgery will be required. Please pray that she will be able to recover without further surgery.

Thanks,
Laura
3 x

Once Again
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:38 am
Location: Oklahoma
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: Poll: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Postby Once Again » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am

Thanks to all for your prayers for Lucy. She will not have to endure further surgery on her leg.

Blessings,
Laura
2 x

MaxPC
Posts: 1732
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:09 pm
Location: Full time RVers
Affiliation: Catholic
Contact:

Re: Poll: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Postby MaxPC » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 am

Once Again wrote:Thanks to all for your prayers for Lucy. She will not have to endure further surgery on her leg.

Blessings,
Laura

Praises and blessings be to God.
1 x
Max (aka Plain Catholic)
Psalm 105

temporal1
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:09 pm
Affiliation: less than the least

Re: Poll: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Postby temporal1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:47 am

Once Again wrote:Requesting prayers for a dear elderly friend of mine named Lucy. She fell a few weeks ago and broke the lower part of her femur. It is not healing well and if it doesn't show improvement on the next x-ray, another surgery will be required. Please pray that she will be able to recover without further surgery.
Thanks,
Laura
i haven’t been present in recent weeks, glad to read your friend is doing well. :)
0 x
formerly Temporal1

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”
William Faulkner, Requiem for a Nun

Valerie
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:59 am
Location: Medina OH
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Poll: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Postby Valerie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:20 am

temporal1 wrote:
Once Again wrote:Requesting prayers for a dear elderly friend of mine named Lucy. She fell a few weeks ago and broke the lower part of her femur. It is not healing well and if it doesn't show improvement on the next x-ray, another surgery will be required. Please pray that she will be able to recover without further surgery.
Thanks,
Laura
i haven’t been present in recent weeks, glad to read your friend is doing well. :)


Where have you been? I was wondering!
1 x

Valerie
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:59 am
Location: Medina OH
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Postby Valerie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:36 am

Please pray for a 'soldier' whose been taken down in spiritual battle-
His name is "Jeff" and I ask you to please pray for his soul, his repentance, that his eyes are opened to the sin he's using scripture to justify, and that he come back to the Lord- also for the other 'soul' involved in his sin- and that his marriage be restored.

Thank you!!

We are in a war~as Apostle Paul taught- the battle belongs to the Lord but we need our fellow soldiers to come along as this man is fallen-

Thank you, may God have mercy, may we look forward to his restoration as we pray.
Jesus will leave the 99 in search of the 1 lost sheep. He loves us that much.
2 x

temporal1
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:09 pm
Affiliation: less than the least

Re: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Postby temporal1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Valerie wrote:Please pray for a 'soldier' whose been taken down in spiritual battle-
His name is "Jeff" and I ask you to please pray for his soul, his repentance, that his eyes are opened to the sin he's using scripture to justify, and that he come back to the Lord- also for the other 'soul' involved in his sin- and that his marriage be restored.

Thank you!!

We are in a war~as Apostle Paul taught- the battle belongs to the Lord but we need our fellow soldiers to come along as this man is fallen-

Thank you, may God have mercy, may we look forward to his restoration as we pray.
Jesus will leave the 99 in search of the 1 lost sheep. He loves us that much.
praying for Jeff.
esp since stumbling onto MD, reading of CA beliefs+practices with marriage-divorce-remarriage, a frequent prayer is for “everyone” to return to the importance of understanding scriptural teachings on what marriage is meant to be ~ in God’s view. so many now go through life 100% clueless.

i believe many marriages could be saved from that one change.
i.e., so much happens in abject ignorance.

not to overlook, this happens, even IN churches, amongst church-going people!
to be a conscientious pastor or priest must be agonizing. :(
folks may, or may not be reading scriptures, if so, they are not reading for content? perhaps, as law schools teach, they read, looking hard for exceptions?

human law has become so incredibly important in our culture. not just laws, themselves, but, strategies at how to arrive at crafting law. wanted or not, “strategizing” seeps into the consciousness.

it’s such a big problem, it’s hard to think about. painful.
0 x
formerly Temporal1

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”
William Faulkner, Requiem for a Nun


Return to “Announcements and Introductions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest