Introductions

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
Martin
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Introductions

Post by Martin »

Josh wrote:There is a small church in Mendon, MA that is very conservative
Unlike Boston Mennonite, Mendon is a "plain" Mennonite congregation. I, also, have friends in an Amish community in Smyrna, Maine, but you would need a car.
0 x
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

Ernie wrote:
francis wrote:Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely give FoTW a visit, not sure I can get to Mendon anytime soon because I don't have a car, but I saw an article about it and it looks lovely.
The negative about FotW basically came from one person. I'm friends with the church and can recommend it. (sure there are a few things I would wish were different but that is true anywhere I've been)

I am also friends of the people at this church and attended here recently. Tell them I directed you to them.
http://walking-by-faith.org/
Sorry for the late response, illness + travels = less time online. I went there once and really liked it. Due to illness I can't go there until the weather warms up again but I plan on returning when possible. (If any of the technology people from FoTW are reading this, thanks so much for uploading the sermons onto the website, it's lovely)
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

kira wrote:I am interested in connecting with others who share my faith. I am also drawn to Christian communal living.
Welcome Kira!

At our church we are attempting to rediscover some aspects of community that have been present in the pilgrim church throughout the centuries. We like to eat a couple meals together each week as a church, live in close proximity, share our resources, garden together, etc. I'm interested in learning what is drawing you towards communal living?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Just reading posts from new MN members, "Welcome to MennoNet," Page 11 ..
some familiar ones in there! :D

Bill Rushby
Hopenafuture
John Hurt
Brandon
TelebodyofChrist

yay! more to read. 8-)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

electro-wiz - :D 8-)
0 x

UNKNOWN
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

Josh wrote:
francis wrote:I'm Francis, I was on MD but didn't post very much. I'm a former catholic who's very interested in Anabaptist theology. I'm in the Boston area where there are 2 congregations predominantly: boston mennonite congregation (super liberal) and followers of the way, (which I've seen some criticism of on here.) Thanks to the mennonet community for having me!
There is a small church in Mendon, MA that is very conservative.

I would say to give it a visit and give Followers of the Way a visit too; most of us find we go to an imperfect church, sometimes a very imperfect one.
I've been hunting around the internet searching for more on the Mendon congregation and it seems like they sometimes visit Boston or Harvard Square and seem to offer transport there on certain days of the year, does anyone know generally when those dates are? The phone number listed for them doesn't seem to work. I imagine they're hard to contact but in case anyone knew!
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

francis wrote:I've been hunting around the internet searching for more on the Mendon congregation and it seems like they sometimes visit Boston or Harvard Square and seem to offer transport there on certain days of the year, does anyone know generally when those dates are? The phone number listed for them doesn't seem to work. I imagine they're hard to contact but in case anyone knew!
I believe Ernie (on this forum) is in touch with people there; maybe he knows an updated phone number.

You could also call any other Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church church and they might know how to get ahold of those folks.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

PM me for contact information.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Ernie wrote:PM me for contact information.
I was looking at your affiliation with your ID and wondered if you are a cons Anabaptist if that makes me an Ex cons Anabaptist? :shock:
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

lots of new members! :D
0 x

UNKNOWN