Questions for Anabaptists: Theologically Conservative or Evangelical

Christianity can be taxonomically divided into six main groups: the Church of the East, Oriental Orthodoxy, Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, and Restorationism. Protestantism includes many groups which do not share any ecclesiastical governance and have widely diverging beliefs and practices. Major Protestant branches include Adventism, Anabaptism, Anglicanism, Baptists, Lutheranism, Methodism, Moravianism, Quakerism, Pentecostalism, Plymouth Brethren, Reformed Christianity, and Waldensianism.
Forum rules
Discussion in this section is to be informative not combative. Ask questions and accept answers. No challenging of others faith or beliefs will be tolerated.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Questions for Anabaptists: Theologically Conservative or Evangelical

Post by Ernie »

Have a question you would like to ask a Theologically Conservative or Evangelical Anabaptist?

This is a place you can do it.

Please do not answer questions directed to Theologically Conservative or Evangelical Anabaptists unless you are such a person.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Questions for Anabaptists: Theologically Conservative or Evangelical

Post by MaxPC »

What do you think your group will look like or be doing in 500 years?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

How well is your Theological Conservative local church doing in having new converts to Christianity that are not of the same or similar Russian or German ethnicity in your local church ? How many per year on average ?
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Sudsy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:43 pm How well is your Theological Conservative local church doing in having new converts to Christianity that are not of the same or similar Russian or German ethnicity in your local church ? How many per year on average ?
Our own congregation is neither growing nor shrinking right now - and that's a problem. But the newer people are not Russian or German heritage, they are attracted to our beliefs and way of life and the genuine love they see in our church.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:44 am What do you think your group will look like or be doing in 500 years?
I don't even know what our relationship to the denomination will be a year from now. 500 years seems a long ways off.

I don't know any movement that has remained faithful to Christianity for 500 years at a time. I see a need for renewal, repentance, and revival in all branches of American Christianity. And I think that will lead to new wineskins.

God knows what that will look like. I don't. It's His Kingdom, not mine.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Sudsy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:43 pm How well is your Theological Conservative local church doing in having new converts to Christianity that are not of the same or similar Russian or German ethnicity in your local church ? How many per year on average ?
I will answer based on the 6 months I went to a CMC church.

There was a steady stream of people who started attending, typically “homeschool” type of people who used to not believe in attending church in a building, pastors, etc. but were looking for more stability for their family.

I don’t think any of them were Russian (I assume you mean Dutch Anabaptist?) or Swiss Brethren background. Perhaps Italian or German-American background?

Perhaps a few other more active cmc/rosedale etc people can give their perspective.
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Recently there have been incidents of the LGBT+ people trying to disrupt church services or hold sexual entertainment on church property. How would your fellowship respond to these disruptions and blatant perversions?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

For those who consider themselves to be 'Evangelical Anabaptist' what kinds of local evangelism is your group involved in and are you getting new members that previous to this had no membership in other churches ?
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:02 pm Recently there have been incidents of the LGBT+ people trying to disrupt church services or hold sexual entertainment on church property. How would your fellowship respond to these disruptions and blatant perversions?
Never encountered anything like that. I suppose the elders would decide how to handle it. Seems unlikely.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:33 pm
MaxPC wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:02 pm Recently there have been incidents of the LGBT+ people trying to disrupt church services or hold sexual entertainment on church property. How would your fellowship respond to these disruptions and blatant perversions?
Never encountered anything like that. I suppose the elders would decide how to handle it. Seems unlikely.
Not sure what you mean by "sexual entertainment" but our church broke away from the conference due to this stuff. To my immediate understanding, this was brewing for nearly three decades.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!