Questions for Anabaptists: Plain or Old Order

Christianity can be taxonomically divided into six main groups: the Church of the East, Oriental Orthodoxy, Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, and Restorationism. Protestantism includes many groups which do not share any ecclesiastical governance and have widely diverging beliefs and practices. Major Protestant branches include Adventism, Anabaptism, Anglicanism, Baptists, Lutheranism, Methodism, Moravianism, Quakerism, Pentecostalism, Plymouth Brethren, Reformed Christianity, and Waldensianism.
Forum rules
Discussion in this section is to be informative not combative. Ask questions and accept answers. No challenging of others faith or beliefs will be tolerated.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Questions for Anabaptists: Plain or Old Order

Post by Josh »

This is a thread to ask a question and people who are plain Anabaptists incl. Old Orders will answer.

I am using Cory Anderson’s definition of “plain”. In short, if you hold to nonresistance / pacifism, think women should wear head coverings and wear skirts or dresses, and that believers should meet regularly for church and be accountable to each other.

Please don’t answer if you don’t believe in or practice plain Anabaptism.
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: Questions for Anabaptists: Plain or Old Order

Post by Sudsy »

Josh wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:56 am This is a thread to ask a question and people who are plain Anabaptists incl. Old Orders will answer.

I am using Cory Anderson’s definition of “plain”. In short, if you hold to nonresistance / pacifism, think women should wear head coverings and wear skirts or dresses, and that believers should meet regularly for church and be accountable to each other.

Another attempt at 'closed fellowship' ? :P
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Sudsy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:29 am
Josh wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:56 am This is a thread to ask a question and people who are plain Anabaptists incl. Old Orders will answer.

Another attempt to disrespect requested thread guidelines? :yawn:
2 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

mike wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:50 am

Another attempt to disrespect requested thread guidelines? :yawn:
I figured it was a question he wanted answered by a Plain Anabaptist. Perhaps the answer would be "most Plain Anabaptists practice 'close' communion rather than 'closed' communion, and that they welcome visitors to their churches."
2 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

My response (which he won’t see) he selectively targeted the closed one for plain Anabaptist but ignored the selective ones for protestants and Catholics
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I’ll attempt to answer your question.

No, this isn’t intended to be closed fellowship or fellowship at all. It’s just a place to ask a question and have it answered by a certain type of person.
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Josh wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:02 pm

No, this isn’t intended to be closed fellowship or fellowship at all. It’s just a place to ask a question and have it answered by a certain type of person.
Thankyou for answering my question. :up:

Another question - do all plain Anabaptists wear the same style of headcovering and if not, why not ?
1 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:16 pm
Josh wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:02 pm

Thankyou for answering my question. :up:

Another question - do all plain Anabaptists wear the same style of headcovering and if not, why not ?
No they do not, because #1 they generally believe that if the men are going to wear something on their head it should be distinct from what the women wear and #2 they don't see any reason to insist that all plain Anabaptists do the same thing.
1 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Where is the biblical support for 'Rumspringa' and do all plain Anabaptists have this practise ?
1 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:27 pm Where is the biblical support for 'Rumspringa' and do all plain Anabaptists have this practise ?
Most plain Anabaptists do not practice "Rumspringa."
0 x