Wounded Tiger: The Transformational True Story of the Japanese Pilot Who Led the Pearl Harbor Attack

A place to discuss history and historical events.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Wounded Tiger: The Transformational True Story of the Japanese Pilot Who Led the Pearl Harbor Attack

Post by mike »

I'm curious whether anyone has read this book. A few weeks ago, I listened to an interview with the author and just started the Kindle version.
Wounded Tiger is the true story of the pilot who led the Pearl Harbor Attack, whose life was changed by an American prisoner and by a girl he never met. Three incredibly different people have their paths cross in ways so remarkable as to almost be unbelievable if it weren't so well documented.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Wounded Tiger: The Transformational True Story of the Japanese Pilot Who Led the Pearl Harbor Attack

Post by Robert »

1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
mike

Re: Wounded Tiger: The Transformational True Story of the Japanese Pilot Who Led the Pearl Harbor Attack

Post by mike »

Robert wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:32 am
That’s great. Here is the interview that inspired me to buy the book.

1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

Just finished this book. A long read and the beginning has much about the war- partly to show the mind set of the Japanese but it is the story of 3 different people and how they all intersected and an excellent read. And a Baptist missionary who was non resistant. :).
God can reach the heart of people in ways we never can comprehend and this just shows us a tiny portion of that happening.
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

QuietlyListening wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:39 am Just finished this book. A long read and the beginning has much about the war- partly to show the mind set of the Japanese but it is the story of 3 different people and how they all intersected and an excellent read. And a Baptist missionary who was non resistant. :).
God can reach the heart of people in ways we never can comprehend and this just shows us a tiny portion of that happening.
I'm close to the end. I think the story gets more fascinating as it goes along. I just read the part where the Japanese pilot who led the Pearl Harbor raid was basically preaching off the cuff to astounded passersby in Japan about how God had changed his heart, gathering a crowd big enough to stop traffic. I feel like there are a bunch of other great things that happened that would be spoilers, and should best be found out by reading the book. :)
2 x