“Bang-bang, you’re dead.” Death without counsel

A place to discuss history and historical events.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

“Bang-bang, you’re dead.” Death without counsel

Post by temporal1 »

”Bang-bang, you’re dead”: Death without legal counsel.

ABL Anthony BrianLogan: Craig Robertson / Trump Supporter DELETED By FBI After Online Threats Against Biden! / 13min
✏️ Description:
A 74-year-old Trump supporter named Craig Robertson was killed by the FBI during a raid in Provo, Utah.
Robertson was under investigation for at least five months for posting threats online...

Found in Comments:
✏️ @UncleSam-bu9gz WROTE: 15 hours ago
“Former FLEO here, that was not an arrest attempt.
It was a government execution.“

⚠️ In U.S. history, there have been 4 sitting presidential assassinations. (Several in-person attempts.)

In most real-life, in-person events, the would-be assassin-perps lived to be arrested, then they faced punishment, with legal counsel.
They were apprehended for action, not thoughts.

Mr. Robertson was nowhere near any of his threatened “targets.” He was in his home, early morning.

(Similar aggressive gov (hit jobs) happened under obama.) i complained then, too.

Lots of questions. Not much msm reporting. Not now or in the past.

For those against The Death Penalty, in which those charged (in trials with appeals) are sometimes eventually put to death, lots of silence on these “random”/targeted executions without legal counsel.

It’s the prior real-life attempted assassins that muddy the waters. Why weren’t they all shot, red-handed, on the spot??!

The presumption is the Secret Service, FBI, etc., are “the best” with the best training and equipment.
Cases like Robertson make them look like hillbilly police hacks. Or, at least, they use the same defense:
“WE HAD TO DO IT.”
:roll:

i seriously doubt they HAD to do it. With all manpower, equipment, expertise at their fingertips. Not compelling.

i’m sorry i don’t have time to better dig up former examples of real-life attempted assassins who were arrested alive, who enjoyed legal counsel and all legal representation the U.S. routinely provides the accused. i’ll try for later. Others may have better to share.

A starter search:

List of United States presidential assassination attempts and plots
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... _and_plots

i don’t like when people threaten presidents and others. In the U.S., threats don’t typically warrant the death penalty.

Abortion:
Of all these cases, wholesale for-profit execution of the unborn is egregious beyond description.
Innocent and without legal representation. “Bang-bang, you’re dead.”
You+you+you+you ..
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: “Bang-bang, you’re dead.” Death without counsel

Post by Soloist »

If the government wanted him to die, they could have done a better job. Mistakes do happen ya know.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

According to news reports he was armed to the teeth and chose to draw a weapon on law enforcement officers who were just doing their job by coming to investigate his assassination threats.

That tends to get you shot in this country. How does the verse in Matthew go? "Live by the sword, die by the sword." Blame the tidal wave of guns washing across this country if you want. That is a big part of it. But we don't live in a country where law enforcement is conducted by kindly unarmed "bobbies." Personally I wish we did. But that ship sailed long ago.

This is the world that we actually live in and that law enforcement faces every day: https://fop.net/2023/08/fop-monthly-upd ... killed-22/
The National Fraternal Order of Police reports that as of midnight on 31 July, there have been 226 officers shot in the line of duty so far in 2023 (+22% from 2021 YTD; +21% from 2020 YTD). Of those officers shot, 31 of them were killed by gunfire (-14% from 2021 YTD; -3% from 2020 YTD).

There have been 69 ambush-style attacks on law enforcement officers this year. These ambush-style attacks have resulted in 81 officers shot, 14 of whom were killed by gunfire.
4 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

ken_sylvania wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:10 pm Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....
Here are some of his threats.

0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Here's how he threatened the FBI:

0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Matthew 26:52
Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword".
2 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Sounds like it wasn’t a mistake.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

If you threaten the life of the President when he is coming to visit, threaten the FBI, etc., it's not surprising that the FBI would come to arrest you.

I don't know any details of what happened at his house. It is currently under investigation. If he was threatening the FBI agents with a weapon, was told to drop it, and did not comply, they would have shot him. That's justifiable under the law.

If he was watching football and eating potato chips, unarmed, that would not be remotely justified. We'll see what the investigation turns up, but the accounts I have seen so far don't mention potato chips. But of course, he instantly becomes a hero and a martyr in some circles. Extremism is being mainstreamed.

This is under investigation, lots of open questions are raised in this article:
https://www.deseret.com/2023/8/10/23827 ... maga-trump
0 x