“Bang-bang, you’re dead.” Death without counsel

A place to discuss history and historical events.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: “Bang-bang, you’re dead.” Death without counsel

Post by Bootstrap »

And predictably, the far right is now saying things like this:
FBI is now killing all online critics of Biden, This is all by design.
That's Ali Alexander. But this is precisely the kind of extremist conspiracy theory that led to these death threats against Biden. If you really believe that the Biden Administration is rounding up all online critics and shooting them, then any level of extremism is justified. At a logical level, I think people know that isn't true, but the logical level isn't the main event here. People feel this way because they are being taught to feel this way. By experts.

Lizard brain politics.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:38 pm Lizard brain politics.
Gasps!!!
I didn’t know anyone else knew the truth here!
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:45 pm
Gasps!!!
The politics of the subterranean lizard people overlords?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Szdfan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:45 pm
Gasps!!!
Shhh! They will read you!
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:49 pm
Szdfan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:45 pm

Gasps!!!
Shhh! They will read you!
Fun fact: I once met lead lizard people conspiracy theorist David Icke’s ex-wife, who explained to me in a Wichita parking lot how the sun in Walmart’s logo and the pyramids above the entrances were an allusion to the ancient Egyptians and something something subterranean lizard people.
2 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Interesting to see people in favour of summary capital punishment in this thread.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:37 am Interesting to see people in favour of summary capital punishment in this thread.
I don’t see anyone advocating for that.
You jump out of a plane and die, I don’t see saying that was stupid as advocating for the consequences.
1 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Soloist wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:21 am
Josh wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:37 am Interesting to see people in favour of summary capital punishment in this thread.
I don’t see anyone advocating for that.
You jump out of a plane and die, I don’t see saying that was stupid as advocating for the consequences.
Nobody forced any government agents to go to the man’s house nor pull a trigger.

It is interesting when people think a violent criminal, such as a rapist and murderer, duly convicted of heinous crimes through a lawful judicial process should be spared execution, but an obviously mentally ill person posting crazy stuff on the Internet should have a hit squad show up at his house and conduct a summary execution.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:44 am
Nobody forced any government agents to go to the man’s house nor pull a trigger.

It is interesting when people think a violent criminal, such as a rapist and murderer, duly convicted of heinous crimes through a lawful judicial process should be spared execution, but an obviously mentally ill person posting crazy stuff on the Internet should have a hit squad show up at his house and conduct a summary execution.
I doubt a hit squad showed up at his house to conduct a summary execution. More then likely, crazy or not he pulled a gun on the FBI. Sure it might have been better to treat him, but the reality is that someone who makes threats against the president is going to get a bad response and even more so if he posts threats against any FBI response.
You really need to stop exaggerating what people are saying and distorting what actually happened.
This is similar to behavior from some members on the “opposite” side here and it’s unchristian from you and unchristian from them.
I see no basis to expect better from people who post like this is Reddit, but you shouldn’t act that way too.
2 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Soloist wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:54 am
Josh wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:44 am

I doubt a hit squad showed up at his house to conduct a summary execution. More then likely, crazy or not he pulled a gun on the FBI. Sure it might have been better to treat him, but the reality is that someone who makes threats against the president is going to get a bad response and even more so if he posts threats against any FBI response.
You really need to stop exaggerating what people are saying and distorting what actually happened.
This is similar to behavior from some members on the “opposite” side here and it’s unchristian from you and unchristian from them.
I see no basis to expect better from people who post like this is Reddit, but you shouldn’t act that way too.
I am simply responding the same way you did when I expressed my support for capital punishment for things the Bible says are worthy of capital punishment.

(The Bible never says being crazy and making deranged posts on social media is worthy of capital punishment either, and the Bible does support the idea of a fair trial.)

It seems if you were consistent you would instead be mourning that he wasn’t given a chance to reconsider and maybe at some point get saved, which was the argument you made on behalf of convicted murderers sitting on death row for decades.

I note that the resident liberals here also have descended into outright mockery of this man. It seems very interesting to me that they mock and actually call for the killing of anyone who might be their political enemy.
0 x