Napalm Girl

A place to discuss history and historical events.
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Napalm Girl

Post by joshuabgood »

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/napal ... index.html

To Josh's point in the other thread, why Putin may take USA war moralizing on the Ukraine less than seriously.
0 x
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Re: Napalm Girl

Post by joshuabgood »

But, now with two children of her own, Phuc credits her Christian faith for helping her "to move on."
"Now, 50 years later, I am so thankful and I'm not a victim of war anymore. I am a survivor and I have the opportunity to work for peace."
2 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

joshuabgood wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:30 pm
But, now with two children of her own, Phuc credits her Christian faith for helping her "to move on."
"Now, 50 years later, I am so thankful and I'm not a victim of war anymore. I am a survivor and I have the opportunity to work for peace."
Getting back to the current era, we once again find ourselves involved in fighting a proxy war with Russia; this time the battleground is the Ukraine instead of Vietnam. But much like Vietnam, it looks like the side America is on is probably going to eventually lose.

This doesn't make the Russians somehow virtuous, but it does mean the longer the war drags on, the more pointless bloodshed, maiming, and death happens. At some point it's time to say "Enough" and negotiate a surrender.
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

joshuabgood wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:30 pm
This is so good to hear, I was a little traumatized as a child by the famous imagine of her and the other terrified children fleeing the bombing. My heart really goes out to her.
1 x
Bill Rushby
Affiliation: Conservative Quaker

Post by Bill Rushby »

If Putin wins this one, he will be emboldened to intimidate and conquer more countries. Take heed, Mr. Chamberlain!
0 x