Conscientious Objectors in Ukraine

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Theophilos
Affiliation: Anabaptist-Mennonite

Conscientious Objectors in Ukraine

Post by Theophilos »

Our brothers, Andrew Kashchuk and Matthew Sapozhnikov are in the war section of the National Guard in Hmelnitskoi oblast. They are putting much pressure on them and are forcing them to sign the mobilisation order and take the oath. The brothers consistently inform them that fulfilling military responsibilities go against their religious convictions. We ask you to pray for these brothers and also petition THE MILITARY LAW INFORCEMENT SERVICE. Hmelnitski Zone section VCP +380382-79-59-36
+380931340578
Western TU VSP (city of Lvov)
+38032-255-47-36 +38032-239-82-07
0 x
Theophilos

Re: Conscientious Objectors in Ukraine

Post by Theophilos »

Dear Brothers and sisters!
URGENT
We ask you to pray and, if possible, call TKTs in the village of Zarechnoe, Varasski Region, Rovenski Oblast. Phone number of TKTs: +380363230349. The number of the main deputy of the war commission, Vladimir Nikolaevich Bokii +380689092556
At this time our brother Nazar sergeiivich Melnik, born in 1996, church member in the city of Sarn, is at TKTs. Two hours ago they grabbed him from the road. They took his phone away. They are forcing him into military service. He was already at this TKTs in 2023 and at that that time he wrote a personal statement and brought a letter stating that he is a church member. But all arguments have had no effect. At the present time they are forcing him to sign the combat agenda. May God bless you! Do not be indifferent.
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Has anyone called these numbers, do the calls go through, is it possible to communicate if you don't speak Russian.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

This happened during our Vietnam war. One of my friends went to jail, actually a federal prison camp. I was spared this, since they canceled the draft.

Sadly, this brother will likely go to jail, as others have done.
0 x
:hug:
Theophilos

Post by Theophilos »

1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Wife: just for clarification, I see least three or four separate people you were talking about. Were you requesting contact for just the one individual on that paper (Vladimir), or for all of them?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Theophilos

Post by Theophilos »

These are three separate cases from different areas.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Wife: Keep us updated how things are going.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Theophilos

Post by Theophilos »

An update:

Dear friends, we are turning to you to ask you to support our fellow believer and his concerns in your prayers. We also ask you to petition for him. May the Lord bless you! DO NOT BE INDIFFERENT!

At this moment the case of brother Vladymyr is in the process of being transferred to court. Therefore, we ask you to petition for him in written form! It is necessary to send a copy to the e-mail of the lawyer (pavel_pelepiak@ukr.net). If you sent a letter of petition earlier please send it again to the lawyer’s e-mail.
0 x