Rampaging Horses in London

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Rampaging Horses in London

Post by Szdfan »

Today in London, five horses go spooked and ran through the streets for five miles before being calmed down and recovered.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... scape.html
Five military horses being prepared for participation in a ceremonial event ran wild in central London on Wednesday morning, the BBC and other news outlets reported, traveling distances of as much as 5 miles before being calmed and given veterinary care.

Although one horse appeared to be bleeding in photographs and videos of the scene, no serious injuries involving pedestrians, the animals, or their (initial) riders have been reported. A video statement issued by an army spokesman describes the horses as having been brought “to safety.” (The video concludes, “We are grateful for the due consideration given by the members of the public to not making loud noises around our horses.”)

The horses are part of something called the Household Calvary, a military unit that takes part in royal ceremonies, and were being “inspected ahead of rehearsals for the King’s birthday parade.” (Well, at least there was a good reason to have them in a noisy urban environment.) They were reportedly spooked by concrete falling off a conveyor belt in Belgravia...
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Rampaging Horses in London

Post by Soloist »

Supposedly the white one was in a head on with a bus. Sources say the bus survived too.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Amish lifestyles notwithstanding, one does have to question the utility of keeping horses in major cities in the 21st Century.

Mounted police were once common too. I can remember mounted police in Portland up into the 1980s when I was in college. Once doesn't see them anymore either. I'm not sure when they were finally disbanded.
Last edited by Ken on Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 pm Amish lifestyles notwithstanding, one does have to question the utility of keeping horses in major cities in the 21st Century.
One could as well ask the utility of keeping buses, trucks, and cars in cities too.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:15 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 pm Amish lifestyles notwithstanding, one does have to question the utility of keeping horses in major cities in the 21st Century.
One could as well ask the utility of keeping buses, trucks, and cars in cities too.
Josh! Welcome to the club. I never would have took you for being a "15-Minute City" advocate. :lol:
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:21 pm
Josh! Welcome to the club. I never would have took you for being a "15-Minute City" advocate. :lol:
Sounds like a ringing endorsement for public transportation. :P
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Video of the runaways and damage.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Szdfan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:21 pm

Sounds like a ringing endorsement for public transportation. :P
You can add trains to that list above.

I'd be ok with public transportation provided it was equal for everybody (even the rich, political elites, mayor, President himself, etc.) all had to use it. No special private cars and private security for the elites.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Despite the obviously clickbait title, I clicked on this thread to see what "Rampaging Horses in London" was about.

It was ... about rampaging horses in London. Really. Wow.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Bootstrap wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:59 am Despite the obviously clickbait title, I clicked on this thread to see what "Rampaging Horses in London" was about.

It was ... about rampaging horses in London. Really. Wow.
Sometimes...every once in a while...the world is weird enough to make clickbait real.
1 x