Sheetz hit with federal discrimination lawsuit

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Sheetz hit with federal discrimination lawsuit

Post by Josh »

Do you have any evidence the “criminal record” is having a cellphone at school or being arrested for jaywalking? If those offences happened before 18 they would be juvenile records anyway and not show up on a criminal background check. You keep saying “kids”.

Now, if we’re talking about adults… adults do need to comply with the law, or else face the consequences of a criminal record. I have to face the consequences of having a record of speeding and other traffic offences. That means insurance might cost more. It actually limits my employment opportunities too. Enterprise Rent A Car wouldn’t consider me eligible to work for them due to the number of accidents I had in the last 7 years.

The answer is, if you don’t want consequences, then don’t break the law. Plenty of places hire people with criminal records. What I find absurd here is the idea that black people can’t help have criminal records, as if it’s like catching the flu.
1 x