The Israel of God

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Thomas_muntzer
Affiliation: Midwest fellowship

The Israel of God

Post by Thomas_muntzer »

The Israel of God does not consist of Jews who reject the Messiah, and who with their bombs and lies, deceive the world that they are the "chosen race", and therefore, are exempt from all criticism. That is the antithesis of the Gospel.

Who is the Israel of God?

"Those who," says the Apostle Saint John, "are not born of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God," that is, "those who are born of water and the Spirit." (John 1:13, 3:5); These are the children of God, the chosen people.

And this special people consists of Jews as well as non-Jews, Israelis as well as Palestinians, for as the Apostle Paul clearly says, "now faith has come... It no longer matters whether you are Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; because united to Christ Jesus, you are all one. And if you are Christ's, then you are descendants of Abraham and heirs of the promises that God made to him" (Galatians 3:25-29).

Those who kill, steal land, and destroy towns in the name of "their god," because according to them, "they are the chosen race," certainly do so in the name of their father... but which "father"?

Jesus, the Messiah himself told us:

— "If you were truly Abraham's children, you would do what he did. However, even though I have told you the truth that God has taught me, you want to kill me. Abraham never did anything like that! You do the same thing that your son does. father... Your father is the devil; you belong to him, and you try to do what he wants. The devil has been a murderer from the beginning. He does not stand in the truth, and he never tells the truth. When he says lies, speak as he is; for he is a liar and is the father of lies" (John 8:39-42).

That father of lies, who has come to "steal, kill and destroy" (John 10:10), this is the god and father of those who, spitting on the cross of Christ, and persecuting his chosen Church, have the audacity to be called "the chosen race."

As Christ told them: "Snakes! Breed of vipers! How can you escape the punishment of hell?" (Matthew 23:33).

Whoever can understand...
3 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: The israel of God

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Thomas_muntzer wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:47 pm The Israel of God does not consist of Jews who reject the Messiah, and who with their bombs and lies, deceive the world that they are the "chosen race", and therefore, are exempt from all criticism. That is the antithesis of the Gospel.

Who is the Israel of God?

"Those who," says the Apostle Saint John, "are not born of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God," that is, "those who are born of water and the Spirit." (John 1:13, 3:5); These are the children of God, the chosen people.

And this special people consists of Jews as well as non-Jews, Israelis as well as Palestinians, for as the Apostle Paul clearly says, "now faith has come... It no longer matters whether you are Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; because united to Christ Jesus, you are all one. And if you are Christ's, then you are descendants of Abraham and heirs of the promises that God made to him" (Galatians 3:25-29).

Those who kill, steal land, and destroy towns in the name of "their god," because according to them, "they are the chosen race," certainly do so in the name of their father... but which "father"?

Jesus, the Messiah himself told us:

— "If you were truly Abraham's children, you would do what he did. However, even though I have told you the truth that God has taught me, you want to kill me. Abraham never did anything like that! You do the same thing that your son does. father... Your father is the devil; you belong to him, and you try to do what he wants. The devil has been a murderer from the beginning. He does not stand in the truth, and he never tells the truth. When he says lies, speak as he is; for he is a liar and is the father of lies" (John 8:39-42).

That father of lies, who has come to "steal, kill and destroy" (John 10:10), this is the god and father of those who, spitting on the cross of Christ, and persecuting his chosen Church, have the audacity to be called "the chosen race."

As Christ told them: "Snakes! Breed of vipers! How can you escape the punishment of hell?" (Matthew 23:33).

Whoever can understand...
So, are you saying that the Church has replaced Israel, and is heir to all of God’s promises?
0 x
:hug:
Thomas_muntzer
Affiliation: Midwest fellowship

Post by Thomas_muntzer »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:04 pm

So, are you saying that the Church has replaced Israel, and is heir to all of God’s promises?
Is what jesus says

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Jhon 18:36

In the moment the messiah came he clarify many things now not only the sons of jacob will be saved but anyone who repent of their sins and accept jesus as their Lord and savior
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Looks more like "added to" than "replaced."
4 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited