Vaccines in Food to be Banned in Tennessee

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Vaccines in Food to be Banned in Tennessee

Post by JohnHurt »

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/ ... n-vaccines

Grow and eat your own vaccines?

(University of California, Sept 16, 2021)

The future of vaccines may look more like eating a salad than getting a shot in the arm. UC Riverside scientists are studying whether they can turn edible plants like lettuce into mRNA vaccine factories.

Messenger RNA or mRNA technology, used in COVID-19 vaccines, works by teaching our cells to recognize and protect us against infectious diseases.

One of the challenges with this new technology is that it must be kept cold to maintain stability during transport and storage. If this new project is successful, plant-based mRNA vaccines — which can be eaten — could overcome this challenge with the ability to be stored at room temperature.

The project’s goals, made possible by a $500,000 grant from the National Science Foundation, are threefold: showing that DNA containing the mRNA vaccines can be successfully delivered into the part of plant cells where it will replicate, demonstrating the plants can produce enough mRNA to rival a traditional shot, and finally, determining the right dosage.

Chloroplasts
Chloroplasts (magenta color) in leaves expressing a green fluorescent protein. The DNA encoding for the protein was delivered by targeted nanomaterials without mechanical aid by applying a droplet of the nano-formulation to the leaf surface.
Credit: Israel Santana/UC Riverside
“Ideally, a single plant would produce enough mRNA to vaccinate a single person,” said Juan Pablo Giraldo, an associate professor in UC Riverside’s Department of Botany and Plant Sciences who is leading the research, done in collaboration with scientists from UC San Diego and Carnegie Mellon University.

“We are testing this approach with spinach and lettuce and have long-term goals of people growing it in their own gardens,” Giraldo said. “Farmers could also eventually grow entire fields of it.”

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/03/29/vaccine ... tennessee/

‘Vaccine lettuce’ bill, aiming to classify food containing a vaccine as a drug, passes in Tennessee

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) - A bill aiming to classify food containing a vaccine or vaccine material as a drug has passed and is moving to Gov. Bill Lee’s desk.

The bill, HB1894, was discussed in the Tennessee Senate on Thursday before a vote to send it to Lee’s desk.

“As introduced, defines food that contains a vaccine or vaccine material as a drug for purposes of the Tennessee Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act,” the bill reads.

Sen. Joey Hensley, R-Hohenwald, spoke during the session about the bill, which he’s sponsoring.

“House Bill 1894 merely would require any food that contains a vaccine or vaccine material would have to be classified as a drug and labeled as such,” he said.

Questioning the bill, Sen. Heidi Campbell, D-Nashville, asked if Hensley knew of any instances where food containing vaccines was offered in Tennessee.

“So does the sponsor know of any instances of there being food offered in the state of Tennessee that contains vaccines and some kind of a retail or public forum?” Campbell asked.

“No, I do not know any specific examples. But certainly they are developing this process. And actually, Congress has actually dealt with this as well and passed an amendment that said no fund could be used for transgenic edible vaccines. This is a process that is being developed. But this bill merely would say that if that happens in the future, that food would have to be classified as a drug if it had a vaccine in it,” Hensley replied.

“So while I feel like this legislation’s basically anodyne, I mean, I guess it’s addressing something that I can’t imagine whatever exists, which is the idea that we would somehow be putting vaccines into foods that you would buy in a grocery store. I mean, I can’t think of any logical reason why anyone would ever do that. And I do know that, you know, certainly, there have been experiments with putting vaccines in vegetables for the purposes of, of studying possible transmission methods. But the idea that this would somehow correlate to some kind of a retail offering of vegetables, especially when that vegetable would cost, you know, many thousands of dollars, just seems to me, I guess, messy, to be passing legislation for that reason. So I will be voting no,” Campbell added.

To continue the discussion, Sen. Frank Niceley, R-Strawberry Plains, spoke in favor of the bill with an anecdote about lettuce.

“Actually I’ve been reading about data for a couple of years now and evidently with this new technology, they can raise this lettuce is what they’re talking about first. They can raise this stuff so cheap, and I’ve been reading about it talking about putting it in and lettuce and mass medicate everybody, like they do with fluoride in the water. I mean, who could control the dose? If you’re if you eat a lot of lettuce, you’re gonna get a lot of mRNA if you don’t eat any won’t get any. And they’re actually talking about other vegetables that they’re trying to put this in. And my question is, would this have to be sold at a drugstore? Would you still buy it in a grocery store? Why don’t we just outlaw this stuff completely? We don’t have any idea what its gonna do to our children? I mean, to us and old people anything? I mean, is this stuff locked out of a science fiction movie? I mean, it’s, it’s ridiculous. It’s changes your DNA, mRNA changes your DNA when if you have your DNA tested now, and you eat a bunch of this, lettuce take a bunch of these MRNA vaccines, and you go back and get your DNA tested again, it’s gonna be a little different. It’s not going to be the same as it was that you were born with that you got from your parents. This is dangerous stuff. We need to study it probably need to outlaw it. I mean, I can’t imagine. When I first read about this, I thought this can not be true. But you keep reading about it. And it is true,” Niceley said.

Shortly after the discussion, it was voted on and passed in the Senate.

0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Re: Vaccines in Food to be Banned in Tennessee

Post by NedFlanders »

I wonder if they will realize that this mRNA push happening is making people who have actually read up on it with a careful eye will stop all vaccines now because they don’t want broken DNA strands manipulating their own DNA to create things that then that same body will destroy…
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
NedFlanders

Post by NedFlanders »

More reason to eat meat only. We know grains are bad and now vegetables are too! 8-)
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Wow, what is in the water in Tennessee? First chemtrails and now this?

For what it's worth, I actually followed the link to the 2021 article about the UC Riverside professor who got the $500k grant to study whether this idea is even feasible. Since the initial announcement of the research grant they haven't announced or published any results. All the stories are from 2021. So it doesn't look like the idea panned out, even if was intriguing. That is often the case in science.

I can find no evidence that any research team at UC or anywhere else has made any progress with this idea. Do you have any?
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:36 pm Wow, what is in the water in Tennessee? First chemtrails and now this?

For what it's worth, I actually followed the link to the 2021 article about the UC Riverside professor who got the $500k grant to study whether this idea is even feasible. Since the initial announcement of the research grant they haven't announced or published any results. All the stories are from 2021. So it doesn't look like the idea panned out, even if was intriguing. That is often the case in science.

I can find no evidence that any research team at UC or anywhere else has made any progress with this idea. Do you have any?
Keep in mind, a legislature can repeal the law of gravity if they so choose,

This does not mean people will float.
0 x
:hug:
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Gives new meaning to the phrase "the devil's lettuce."
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ken

Post by Ken »

NedFlanders wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm More reason to eat meat only. We know grains are bad and now vegetables are too! 8-)
The DNA in the meat you eat is vastly more similar to human DNA than the DNA in any lettuce.
0 x
NedFlanders

Post by NedFlanders »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:15 pm
NedFlanders wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm More reason to eat meat only. We know grains are bad and now vegetables are too! 8-)
The DNA in the meat you eat is vastly more similar to human DNA than the DNA in any lettuce.
Yes… And…? What does that have to do with anything?
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

NedFlanders wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:50 pm
You were the one going on about “broken DNA strands manipulating one’s on DNA, in the post right above. Which is not how any of this works at all. In fact, mRNA vaccines have nothing to do with DNA.
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:59 pm
NedFlanders wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:50 pm

You were the one going on about “broken DNA strands manipulating one’s on DNA, in the post right above. Which is not how any of this works at all. In fact, mRNA vaccines have nothing to do with DNA.
That’s a stretch.
You need DNA to make mRNA. That DNA came from somewhere, one company sourced it from a converted cancer line, the other from HEK293.

As for vaccines via food, they need a way to protect the RNA from the stomach acid otherwise it’s a joke to even worry about it.

Reverse transcriptase naturally occurs in the body, much higher rates during pregnancy and cancer. Logically, the “never happens” argument is lacking actual supporting data and while I don’t agree with the fear mongering, it’s not actually factual science to say it can’t happen.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat