The danger of “LGBT” teachers.

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: The danger of “LGBT” teachers.

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:46 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:41 pm

So just like taking Ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine for COVID then?
Ivermectin has a safe profile though regardless of what it is taken for. Puberty blockers have all kinds of negative side effects for their on label uses.
Here in the real world, people have died from Ivermectin poisoning yet there are no documented examples of people dying from puberty blockers.
… who’s died from proper usage of ivermectin?

Puberty blockers cause significant long term health problems, plus they’ve never been studied in children. Whereas ivermectin is used by literally billions of people around the globe.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:05 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:46 pm

Ivermectin has a safe profile though regardless of what it is taken for. Puberty blockers have all kinds of negative side effects for their on label uses.
Here in the real world, people have died from Ivermectin poisoning yet there are no documented examples of people dying from puberty blockers.
… who’s died from proper usage of ivermectin?

Puberty blockers cause significant long term health problems, plus they’ve never been studied in children. Whereas ivermectin is used by literally billions of people around the globe.
The "proper" use of ivermectin is as treatment for parasites not for COVID.

But yes, people around the world have died from taking Ivermectin as a COVID therapy. For example: https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... vermectin/

They have also died from side effects of taking it for intestinal parasites as well: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9020491/

So do you want to ban all off-label use of medications? Or hypocritically, just the ones you don't like?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh

Post by Josh »

It should be obvious a drug taken by billions of people is going to be different than obscure drugs used for off label puberty blocking purposes.
1 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:33 pm It should be obvious a drug taken by billions of people is going to be different than obscure drugs used for off label puberty blocking purposes.
Under the law it doesn't matter does it? Off-label drug use isn't regulated by the FDA. That's something for medical boards, doctors, patients, and parents to decide for themselves.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:11 pm
Grace wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:05 am
Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:07 am But neither do I understand the obsession that conservatives have with preventing them from doing so. Seriously. With all the real problems in the world, what do you honestly care if some random woman whom you don't know has big tits, small tits, or no tits? What difference does it make to you?
That is what I really don't get.
Really !?!? You can be thankful I am not the moderator. Crude, crass, word description of women's bodies and usually only used by men talking about women creepily.
Fine, change it to breasts. My point remains. I'm not the one here who is creepily obsessing about the breast size of strangers and whether it is permissible for them to want them smaller or larger. It is the anti-trans folks who are doing that.
Still weird and creepy.
2 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:57 pm
Grace wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:05 am

Really !?!? You can be thankful I am not the moderator. Crude, crass, word description of women's bodies and usually only used by men talking about women creepily.
Fine, change it to breasts. My point remains. I'm not the one here who is creepily obsessing about the breast size of strangers and whether it is permissible for them to want them smaller or larger. It is the anti-trans folks who are doing that.
Still weird and creepy.
I agree. I don't get all the people here obsessing about the breasts of random teenagers who are not their own children. And weighing in about whether or not the should be increasing or decreasing their breast sizes. That is weird and creepy and in my opinion, absolutely none of their business.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:29 amYou want a genetic male who is crossdressing in what is rightly a space for women? One that may or may not be surgically altered, and may have an attraction for women? You want a team of “trans women “ athletes on the opposing team from your daughters, beating them silly in a field hockey game?

That is not the world I want to leave to my daughters, and I suspect if this moves forward, we will rightly mourn the world we have lost.
Actually we are currently moving in the opposite direction. This happened yesterday: https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/2024/ ... tions.html
NAIA bans all transgender women from women’s sports competitions

The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) voted Monday to ban all transgender athletes from competing in women’s sports in small colleges around the country, the organization announced.

The NAIA said the new policy will be implemented starting the next academic year.

The NAIA’s Council of Presidents approved the policy in a 20-0 vote Monday morning that amended its previous policy that only applied to postseason competition. The policy applies to all NAIA competitions.

“With the exception of competitive cheer and competitive dance, the NAIA created separate categories for male and female participants,” the NAIA said in a statement. “Each NAIA sport includes some combination of strength, speed and stamina, providing competitive advantages for male student-athletes. As a result, the NAIA policy for transgender student-athletes applies to all sports except for competitive cheer and competitive dance, which are open to all students.”

The NAIA is a national athletic governing body for 249 mostly small colleges across the country. The NAIA oversees some 83,000 athletes competing in more than 25 sports at mostly private schools that are not part of the NCAA’s three divisions of competition.

The revised transgender participation policy allows all athletes to participate in NAIA-sponsored male sports but only athletes whose biological sex assigned at birth is female and have not begun hormone therapy will be allowed participate in women’s sports. The NAIA is believed to be the first college sports organization to adopt such a policy.

The precise number of transgender athletes at the high school and college levels is unknown, but the general consensus is the amount is small. The NAIA has no knowledge of transgender athletes competing in its postseasons to this point, NAIA president Jim Carr told cbssports.com.

Transgender athletes competing in women’s sports has been a hot topic and under intense scrutiny among conservative groups and others. The critics say transgender athletes have an unfair advantage and they should not be allowed to compete on girls’ and women’s sports teams.

The NAIA”s decision does not apply to NCAA competitions, but the NCAA is sure to take notice. The organization is currently being sued by more than a dozen current and former college athletes, who accuse the NCAA of violating their rights by allowing transgender women to compete in women’s sports.
This issues are sorting themselves out. I expect the NCAA and the state governing bodies of competitive sport at the K-12 level will soon follow.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:23 pm

Still weird and creepy.
I agree. I don't get all the people here obsessing about the breasts of random teenagers who are not their own children. And weighing in about whether or not the should be increasing or decreasing their breast sizes. That is weird and creepy and in my opinion, absolutely none of their business.
It’s not weird and creepy to not want children to undergo unnecessary cosmetic surgeries, especially ones that destroy perfectly good body parts.

I think female circumcision is wrong too and in fact should be outlawed.
1 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:29 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:23 pm

Still weird and creepy.
It’s not weird and creepy to not want children to undergo unnecessary cosmetic surgeries, especially ones that destroy perfectly good body parts.

I think female circumcision is wrong too and in fact should be outlawed.
Do you feel the same way about the unnecessary mutilation for cosmetic reasons that is male circumcision?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

RZehr wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:03 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm Here in the real world, people have died from Ivermectin poisoning yet there are no documented examples of people dying from puberty blockers.
Does suicide not count?
Suicide is an effective puberty blocker, albeit off-label.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited