The danger of “LGBT” teachers.

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: The danger of “LGBT” teachers.

Post by Ken »

Soloist wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:40 amMore accurate studies coming out are suggesting regret that I’ve seen are suggesting 10-20% but sample sizes are small. Some of the research is also suggesting that transitioning for suicide relief is actually not helping at all which trans advocates claim is due to poor acceptance.
"Regret" is a very vague term. It could mean the person regrets going down that path in the first place. Or that the person regrets that it was not as successful as they had hoped or wished.

In any event, I suspect 10-20% of people who spend $75,000 on shiny new F250 trucks that they can't afford also come to regret that decision. Does that mean we should ban big trucks? And there are probably lots of unhealthy obese people who regret all the junk food they have purchased and eaten. Does that mean we ban junk food? If buyer's remorse was any legitimate basis for regulation then our consumer society would probably collapse.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:28 pmIt is not “creepy” to have concern about children undergoing major, invasive, irreversible, and unnecessary surgery.
Actually it is kind of creepy to obsess about the private medical decisions of anyone else's children but your own.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:29 pm
Soloist wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:40 amMore accurate studies coming out are suggesting regret that I’ve seen are suggesting 10-20% but sample sizes are small. Some of the research is also suggesting that transitioning for suicide relief is actually not helping at all which trans advocates claim is due to poor acceptance.
"Regret" is a very vague term. It could mean the person regrets going down that path in the first place. Or that the person regrets that it was not as successful as they had hoped or wished.

In any event, I suspect 10-20% of people who spend $75,000 on shiny new F250 trucks that they can't afford also come to regret that decision. Does that mean we should ban big trucks? And there are probably lots of unhealthy obese people who regret all the junk food they have purchased and eaten. Does that mean we ban junk food? If buyer's remorse was any legitimate basis for regulation then our consumer society would probably collapse.

Apples to oranges.

1 dose of hormones can have much more impact then 1 junk food purchase. The car purchase as stupid as it is, has no lasting physical impact. I’d compare it to drunk driving.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:33 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:28 pmIt is not “creepy” to have concern about children undergoing major, invasive, irreversible, and unnecessary surgery.
Actually it is kind of creepy to obsess about the private medical decisions of anyone else's children but your own.
No it isn’t. It is completely reasonable to be concerned about overall trends in society. I am completely opposed to unnecessary cosmetic surgery for children, and that’s not “creepy”.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Soloist wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:38 pm
Apples to oranges.

1 dose of hormones can have much more impact then 1 junk food purchase. The car purchase as stupid as it is, has no lasting physical impact. I’d compare it to drunk driving.
Regulations are actually more about externalities.

We don't regulate getting drunk in your own living room because you aren't putting others at risk if you are sitting on your sofa. We do regulate operating motor vehicles on the public highways while drunk. Because then you are putting OTHERS at risk.

We regulate auto emissions, not because they put the specific driver at risk. But because the cumulative effect of all the auto emissions in an area causes smog and puts us all at risk.

And hormones get regulated by the FDA just like any other drug. They are tested for efficacy and side effects Same as any other medication.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Actually, puberty blockers are an “off label” use which hasn’t met any FDA standards.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:28 pm Actually, puberty blockers are an “off label” use which hasn’t met any FDA standards.
So just like taking Ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine for COVID then?
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:41 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:28 pm Actually, puberty blockers are an “off label” use which hasn’t met any FDA standards.
Ivermectin has a safe profile though regardless of what it is taken for. Puberty blockers have all kinds of negative side effects for their on label uses.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:46 pm
Ivermectin has a safe profile though regardless of what it is taken for. Puberty blockers have all kinds of negative side effects for their on label uses.
Here in the real world, people have died from Ivermectin poisoning yet there are no documented examples of people dying from puberty blockers.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Ken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:46 pm

Here in the real world, people have died from Ivermectin poisoning yet there are no documented examples of people dying from puberty blockers.
Does suicide not count?
1 x