Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Ken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:41 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm Slow down, Ken. The replacement bridge hasn’t been built yet.

There are already “environmentalists” proposing not to rebuild it so as to reduce “auto dependence”.
Yes, and we also have people talking about banning chemtrails.

Let us know when anyone in positions of power in the Federal and State governments is saying saying we shouldn't rebuild the bridge. Then I'll start paying attention to such sentiment. I expect what will actually happen is that the Mayor , Governor, State Legislature, Congress, and the DOT will all rally to get this done as soon as possible and push aside any obstacles, bureaucratic or otherwise.
Dream on. A new environment impact statement will likely be required, with a “no build “ option. Than the lawsuits. As a Maryland resident, I will expect 10 years, if at all. Of course, it will be used to justify a massive tax increase.
0 x
:hug:
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:04 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm Slow down, Ken. The replacement bridge hasn’t been built yet.

There are already “environmentalists” proposing not to rebuild it so as to reduce “auto dependence”.

Let us know when anyone in positions of power in the Federal and State governments is saying saying we shouldn't rebuild the bridge. Then I'll start paying attention to such sentiment. I expect what will actually happen is that the Mayor , Governor, State Legislature, Congress, and the DOT will all rally to get this done as soon as possible and push aside any obstacles, bureaucratic or otherwise.
Dream on. A new environment impact statement will likely be required, with a “no build “ option. Than the lawsuits. As a Maryland resident, I will expect 10 years, if at all. Of course, it will be used to justify a massive tax increase.
Think the results of the election this year will make a difference one way or the other?
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Ken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:59 pm These sorts of events are always interesting to me in that they show how FAST we can actually get things done in this country when we actually want to.
Yes. Take for example the I-95 bridge collapse in Philly last year, which was replaced in TWELVE DAYS.

Cut the red tape and it is marvelous what can get done. My guess is the bridge will get fixed in a reasonably short period of time. The federal government will get involved. Baltimore is a populous liberal city, and it is an election year. It's an opportunity for officials to make themselves look good, in the way Josh Shapiro used the I-95 crisis.

They will move heaven and earth and get it done.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

mike wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:15 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:59 pm These sorts of events are always interesting to me in that they show how FAST we can actually get things done in this country when we actually want to.
Yes. Take for example the I-95 bridge collapse in Philly last year, which was replaced in TWELVE DAYS.

Cut the red tape and it is marvelous what can get done. My guess is the bridge will get fixed in a reasonably short period of time. The federal government will get involved. Baltimore is a populous liberal city, and it is an election year. It's an opportunity for officials to make themselves look good, in the way Josh Shapiro used the I-95 crisis.

They will move heaven and earth and get it done.
Not to mention the fact that I-95 is probably the most important interstate running up the East Coast.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Judas Maccabeus

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:06 pm

Think the results of the election this year will make a difference one way or the other?
no. The gubernatorial election decided that. He is two years into his term.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

When cars and trucks are involved they will move mountains. Doesn't matter whether it is red state or blue state. When the freeway burnt up in California they moved heaven and earth to get it back up and running ASAP.

If it were a pedestrian bridge or some sort of mass transit tunnel or something it would be 10 years if it ever got fixed. But car infrastructure? It will get done.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Judas Maccabeus

Ken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:12 pm

When cars and trucks are involved they will move mountains. Doesn't matter whether it is red state or blue state. When the freeway burnt up in California they moved heaven and earth to get it back up and running ASAP.

If it were a pedestrian bridge or some sort of mass transit tunnel or something it would be 10 years if it ever got fixed. But car infrastructure? It will get done.
Don’t count on it. Our political leaders have said that we need to go on a “car diet “ to reduce the number of cars so that we can meet carbon goals. They are eliminating lanes on many major roads. New Key bridge-10 years of ever.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:06 pm

Don’t count on it. Our political leaders have said that we need to go on a “car diet “ to reduce the number of cars so that we can meet carbon goals. They are eliminating lanes on many major roads. New Key bridge-10 years of ever.
It is an interstate bridge so it will be state and federal. Local leaders have little to nothing to do with interstates.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Judas Maccabeus

Ken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:24 pm
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:06 pm

It is an interstate bridge so it will be state and federal. Local leaders have little to nothing to do with interstates.
It is the governor that concerns me. He supports the “Blueprint for Maryland’s Future “. Carbon neutral by 2035.
0 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

The governor just announced on national news they will be rebuilding asap. So guess he isn't going to oppose this rebuild.
0 x