Lying to Mennonites

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Lying to Mennonites

Post by steve-in-kville »

If the person is properly rehabbed, or it was a one-off situation, I can see them being gainfully employed in certain industries with obvious restrictions, either by the law or the employer.

As much I don't want to see one mistake to ruin the rest of a person's life... many times it doesn't stop as one time, unfortunately.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

steve-in-kville wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:03 pm If the person is properly rehabbed, or it was a one-off situation, I can see them being gainfully employed in certain industries with obvious restrictions, either by the law or the employer.

As much I don't want to see one mistake to ruin the rest of a person's life... many times it doesn't stop as one time, unfortunately.

A person who is authentically “rehabbed,” would be the first to insist on restrictions+oversights.
2 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
steve-in-kville

temporal1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:14 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:03 pm If the person is properly rehabbed, or it was a one-off situation, I can see them being gainfully employed in certain industries with obvious restrictions, either by the law or the employer.

A person who is authentically “rehabbed,” would be the first to insist on restrictions+oversights.
Should be that way, yes.
3 x

Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:14 pm

Wife: apparently, years back, there was a man who had been converted to Christianity while in prison for that matter of offense, and he was allowed to attend the Mennonite church under the idea that there would always be either one or two other men around him at all times. It was perfectly laid all that way. from what I’ve heard, it seems like he would have authentically been rehabbed, because he actually told them that he never wanted them to stop that because he felt like he could fall into it again if they did.
2 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Josh wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:06 am
I suppose I am far more concerned about the member in good standing who has escaped a criminal record who is imbedded into the church structure, than I am about some random guy wandering from town to town whom everyone is already suspicious of.
I am concerned about both equally. WE put structures in place in several of the churches I was at. I had two at one church and we made sure things were safe and they were not tempted also. It is just as important not to lead others into temptation also. Same reason why I would never drink. I had some members who were recovering alcoholics. They did not need to be tempted and when they knew I absolutely did not drink, they were never tempted around me and knew I was working to set an example FOR them.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
steve-in-kville

I currently know of two men in conservative circles that must register as a sex offender for the rest of their lives. Thankfully their churches supported them in all the right ways by creating jobs where they could still provide for their families and be in compliance of being a registered sex offender.
1 x

Thomas_muntzer
Affiliation: Midwest fellowship

Post by Thomas_muntzer »

redoyja wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:16 am So last week there was a man stopped at our church on his way from North Dakota home to Mississippi.

How angry it is to see how ill-intentioned people take advantage of the good hearts of some. It is best to always warn so that everyone can be alert
1 x