Chemtrails May Be Banned in Tennessee

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Chemtrails May Be Banned in Tennessee

Post by Ken »

JohnHurt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:15 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:09 pm Bring 400 people of random sizes on to the test flight and have them walk back and forth on command? That would be ridiculous.
If it is "ridiculous", then why are they testing for it?
It isn't ridiculous that people and cargo will move about or shift about during flight. That is the scenario they are testing for. Namely, to determine the planes limits and whether it performs within its design limits.

What would be ridiculous is to do the thousands of hours of testing using humans. When there are vastly easier and more precise ways of testing load distribution using water ballast tanks.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:09 pm Bring 400 people of random sizes on to the test flight and have them walk back and forth on command? That would be ridiculous.
It would be "ridiculous" to hire 400 people for the test flight when a few thousand gallons of water can be hired for a fraction of the cost. Although I've met a guy who hired rice farmers to fly around Thailand and generate a few million frequent flyer miles for him, so it might be cost effective if you find the right labor pool.

What's not ridiculous is testing for weight and balance. That's a real thing that is taken into account on every flight, although it's computerized now and mostly invisible to passengers on commercial flights. Unless they ask you to move to a different seat due to W&B, which is somewhat rare but has happened to me.
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ken

Post by Ken »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:35 pm
It would be "ridiculous" to hire 400 people for the test flight when a few thousand gallons of water can be hired for a fraction of the cost. Although I've met a guy who hired rice farmers to fly around Thailand and generate a few million frequent flyer miles for him, so it might be cost effective if you find the right labor pool.

What's not ridiculous is testing for weight and balance. That's a real thing that is taken into account on every flight, although it's computerized now and mostly invisible to passengers on commercial flights. Unless they ask you to move to a different seat due to W&B, which is somewhat rare but has happened to me.
Well now...the human body is 60% water. So in effect, we are all mobile water tanks.
1 x
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Post by JohnHurt »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:22 pm
It isn't ridiculous that people and cargo will move about or shift about during flight. That is the scenario they are testing for. Namely, to determine the planes limits and whether it performs within its design limits.

What would be ridiculous is to do the thousands of hours of testing using humans. When there are vastly easier and more precise ways of testing load distribution using water ballast tanks.
So why do thousands of pounds move around inside the airplane while it is flying? What is the scenario that would require them to test this "phenomena", it it really is not fat people lining up to use the restroom at the rear of the plane?

Describe in detail how thousand of pounds move inside a plane as a normal everyday occurrence.
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

If a terrible threat was revealed at one end of the plane, I can easily imagine most of the passengers rushing to other end. I vaguely recall a cargo plane brought down by pigs that broke free.
Last edited by barnhart on Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Ten people weighing 200 pounds is 2,000 pounds.

I’m too lazy to find all the good reasons, just gonna speculate that turbulence may have something to do with it. Unbuckled passengers; luggage; cargo companies using these same planes for shifting cargo.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

JohnHurt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:54 pm

So why do thousands of pounds move around inside the airplane while it is flying? What is the scenario that would require them to test this "phenomena", it it really is not fat people lining up to use the restroom at the rear of the plane?

Describe in detail how thousand of pounds move inside a plane as a normal everyday occurrence.
Just off the top of my head:

1. Cargo shifting in flight due to extreme turbulence or because it wasn't properly secured by under-paid baggage handlers who are high or drunk on the job

2. People moving from one side of the plane to another if there is some huge attraction only visible out of the windows on one side of the plane.

3. Any kind of in-flight incident from a blown out window to a terrorist attack that causes passengers to rush from one part of the plane to another.

4. Some sort of maintenance problem that might make one part of the plane unusable.

5. Dual-use planes of the sort that are common in Alaska where Alaska Airlines devotes the front half of the plane to cargo and the back half to passengers. They need to know what their load limits are and if that changes if they have few passengers and lots of cargo or the reverse.
0 x
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

barnhart wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:06 pm If a terrible threat was revealed at one end of the plane, I can easily imagine most of the passengers rushing to other end. I vaguely recall a cargo plane brought down by pigs that broke free.
That is a good answer.

Now, would it be cheaper to use military servicemen, or others that have signed a waiver, to ride the plane and test it by moving around, or install all of those tanks and pipes and pumps?

Which would be easier to do, and more accurately predict what would happen if there were people moving inside the plane? (If that is what is being tested...)
0 x
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:12 pm
JohnHurt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:54 pm

Just off the top of my head:

1. Cargo shifting in flight due to extreme turbulence or because it wasn't properly secured by under-paid baggage handlers who are high or drunk on the job

2. People moving from one side of the plane to another if there is some huge attraction only visible out of the windows on one side of the plane.

3. Any kind of in-flight incident from a blown out window to a terrorist attack that causes passengers to rush from one part of the plane to another.

4. Some sort of maintenance problem that might make one part of the plane unusable.

5. Dual-use planes of the sort that are common in Alaska where Alaska Airlines devotes the front half of the plane to cargo and the back half to passengers. They need to know what their load limits are and if that changes if they have few passengers and lots of cargo or the reverse.
So, Cargo shifting, wouldn't they just test the straps and brackets that are being used to attach the cargo to the floor of the plane to make sure they work?

If the cargo does move inside the plane, then how do tanks of water accurately test for shifting cargo in, I suppose, metal boxes. Metal boxes would poke a hole in the side of the plane, while tanks, pipes and pumps would not. So it would not be an accurate test.

For all of the other scenarios, would it be better to use water tanks, pipes, and pumps, or do the test with actual dummies and cargo aboard?

From what I have seen, they use crash dummies to test airplanes, as that would be the most accurate test.

And they use tanks, pipe and pumps to test planes that have tanks, pipes, and pumps. So this is a test of planes that carry liquid.
0 x