Crumbley Family Convictions and Sentencings

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Crumbley Family Convictions and Sentencings

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:37 pmDeja Taylor, the mother of a six-year-old boy who shot his teacher in Virginia, has been sentenced to two years in prison.
She left her 9 mm handgun unsecured and her 6 year old took it to school and shot his teacher with his mother's gun.

She does have some culpability.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Guns, ammo, and 6 year olds don’t mix. Keep your ammo and firearms stored separately, unless you can personally secure the weapon (such as in a holster) and be accountable for where a loaded gun is.

Guns stored near ammo should be treated as “loaded”.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Chase Daniel Jones of Kent WA
18 years old, 3rd crashed car

Man charged in deadly 112 mph Renton crash pleads not guilty from hospital bed
Description:
The 18-year-old man accused of running a red light at 112 mph in Renton before crashing into a van and killing four people on March 19 video-called in from his hospital bed to make his first court appearance Monday morning.

Chase Daniel Jones of Kent
pleaded not guilty to four counts of vehicular homicide, two counts of vehicular assault, and reckless driving.

Court documents say
38-year-old Andrea Smith Hudson,
13-year-old Matilda Wilcoxson,
12-year-old Eloise Wilcoxson and
12-year-old Boyd Buster Brown
were all in the van that Jones crashed into and were “immediately killed” in the “incredibly violent collision.”

According to charging papers, Jones has been involved in three major crashes in the last year that included speeding and totaling multiple vehicles.
Why bail for the suspect accused of causing a fatal crash in Renton was reduced to $100,000

Deadly Renton crash: Can parents be held responsible?
Description:
Former prosecutor Mark Lindquist sheds light on the legal implications.
While there might not be criminal liability for the parents, they could face civil responsibility under negligent entrustment if they own the car and loaned it to their son.

my.head.hurts.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:28 am Chase Daniel Jones of Kent WA
18 years old, 3rd crashed car

Man charged in deadly 112 mph Renton crash pleads not guilty from hospital bed

The 18-year-old man accused of running a red light at 112 mph in Renton before crashing into a van and killing four people on March 19 video-called in from his hospital bed to make his first court appearance Monday morning.

Chase Daniel Jones of Kent
pleaded not guilty to four counts of vehicular homicide, two counts of vehicular assault, and reckless driving.

Court documents say
38-year-old Andrea Smith Hudson,
13-year-old Matilda Wilcoxson,
12-year-old Eloise Wilcoxson and
12-year-old Boyd Buster Brown
were all in the van that Jones crashed into and were “immediately killed” in the “incredibly violent collision.”

According to charging papers, Jones has been involved in three major crashes in the last year that included speeding and totaling multiple vehicles.

Why bail for the suspect accused of causing a fatal crash in Renton was reduced to $100,000

Deadly Renton crash: Can parents be held responsible?

Former prosecutor Mark Lindquist sheds light on the legal implications.
While there might not be criminal liability for the parents, they could face civil responsibility under negligent entrustment if they own the car and loaned it to their son.
my.head.hurts.
Why does your head hurt? Bail is not intended to be punishment. It is intended to insure that someone accused of a crime returns to stand trial.
What are the chances that he is going to flee? An 18 year old fugitive? Where is he going to go? How is he going to live? He would almost certainly get picked up and then face additional charges. His face would be all over the news just like the "affluenza teen" who killed people in TX which his car then fled to Mexico and was eventually deported back. The cost of holding someone in jail is about $200/day in King County. It would be substantially more for this individual since they would have to provide medical treatment as well. Is that a good use of taxpayer dollars? As opposed to slapping an ankle bracelet on him and sending him home to house arrest?

As for his previous driving record of getting into car crashes? I'm a cyclist and hey, there are times when I'd be perfectly happy to see all reckless drivers locked up and the keys thrown away. You speed and get into a car crash? Go straight to jail, do no pass go, and your car is seized and crushed so that neither you nor your vehicle are ever a menace to others again. But we don't live in that world, do we?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:53 am His face would be all over the news just like the "affluenza teen" who killed people in TX which his car then fled to Mexico and was eventually deported back.
His car fled to Mexico? Are they letting autonomous vehicles across the border now?
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:25 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:53 am His face would be all over the news just like the "affluenza teen" who killed people in TX which his car then fled to Mexico and was eventually deported back.
His car fled to Mexico? Are they letting autonomous vehicles across the border now?
Perhaps his car has that newfangled AI we're hearing about it, since it was capable of making decisions like to flee and enough legal personality to be deported.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

my.head.hurts ..
that any driver would engage in a high speed COLLISION (not accident, no signs of braking) in a busy intersection, with at least 4 dead. that this is the 3rd major collision for this driver, he continues to drive. he drove to the 3rd deadly crash. survived.

i hope he is never licensed to drive again.
WA has great public transportation.

(i have no idea if he was licensed or driving an insured vehicle.) these things do not matter to too many drivers.

for this topic, the question of parental responsibility is the reason i posted the report.
in this case, evidently, this is not a fatherless home.

if parents are to be accountable, laws need to respect parental discipline.
Last edited by temporal1 on Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

UNKNOWN
Josh

Post by Josh »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:27 pm my.head.hurts ..
that any driver would engage in a high speed COLLISION (not accident, no signs of braking) in a busy intersection, with at least 4 dead. that this is the 3rd major collision for this driver, he continues to drive. he drove to the 3rd deadly crash. survived.

(i have no idea if he was licensed or driving an insured vehicle.) these things do not matter to too many drivers.

for this topic, the question of parental responsibility is the reason i posted the report.

He's 18. What does parental responsibility have to do with anything?
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:29 pm

Discussed in the 3rd video above. Not in depth.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:29 pm

I don't know the whole story here. But apparently he keeps crashing cars and his parents keep buying him new ones. If the parents bought the car and gave him the keys while knowing he was a menace on the road then they may share some responsibility regardless of how old he is.

He was on his 3rd car after totaling his first two. This one was a 2015 Audi A4. Most 18 year olds don't have the wherewithal to do that on their own.
Last edited by Ken on Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x