Have you had a COVID-19 vaccination?

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 21

Lex
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Lex »

0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 vaccination?

Post by Soloist »

Lex wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:47 am If yes, do you regret it?
https://jewishcontributions.com/infotables/covid/

Perhaps you could read our past threads on why some of us did and why some of us didn’t. None of us made that choice based on who was Jewish or not.
4 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

I am attempting to not overthink this. But am I seeing an antisemitic vein in some of the Mennonet threads?

I didn't get the shot, but far be it from me to condemn anyone who did. I know of various missionaries who needed to travel and getting the shot was a requirement. I did get Covid and it was like a really bad cold. I consider myself blessed that it wasn't worse, because I knew of numerous people who died from it.

The doctor prescribed Plaxlovid, which one of the side effects is a horrible taste in your mouth. I never got any of the organic matter found on the floors in the livestock pens on the farm I grew up on, in my mouth. But the taste in my mouth from the Paxlovid was what I imagined that organic matter might taste like.
1 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Wife: The funny thing about this is that most Zionists I know are super suspicious of the Covid vaccine, and orthodox/ultra Orthodox Jews are known for having lower vaccination rates in general (including Covid) than the rest of the population.
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Never got the vaccine had COVID 2x .
Not sure the connection. I am not a Zionist at all but we listened to doctors that were against the vaccines a NB d why so was more of a medical decision for us and the connection with abortion also influenced.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Valerie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:07 pm Never got the vaccine had COVID 2x .
Not sure the connection. I am not a Zionist at all but we listened to doctors that were against the vaccines a NB d why so was more of a medical decision for us and the connection with abortion also influenced.
Wife: just a generalization. There’s plenty of exceptions on both sides, but I’m just saying that if this was some Jewish conspiracy like OP implies, they’re doing a poor job on it.
1 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:15 pm
Wife: just a generalization. There’s plenty of exceptions on both sides, but I’m just saying that if this was some Jewish conspiracy like OP implies, they’re doing a poor job on it.
I don't know...ever since I got Covid shot, I've had this insatiable hunger for bagels and matzah ball soup.
7 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Szdfan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:20 pm
I don't know...ever since I got Covid shot, I've had this insatiable hunger for bagels and matzah ball soup.
Maybe that’s why everything tastes like matzo after having covid!
1 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Soloist wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:50 pm Wife: The funny thing about this is that most Zionists I know are super suspicious of the Covid vaccine, and orthodox/ultra Orthodox Jews are known for having lower vaccination rates in general (including Covid) than the rest of the population.
Used to drive my wife to distraction. She had to help set up the mass vaccination sites last time measles got going in the Jewish community. There was actually a death from it, a flight attendant if I recall. There's a new outbreak starting, and she is wondering when they will give her a call. She got quite a number of double takes since she dresses as you would suspect a conservative mennonite would.
1 x
:hug:
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Szdfan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:20 pm
if you start to be able to stomach Gefilte fish, than you know they have you.
2 x
:hug: