Trans student killed in school

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Trans student killed in school

Post by RZehr »

Insane. I know an 18 year old kid who just attended this school.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/non ... 26914.html
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Trans student killed in school

Post by Soloist »

before other students and a staff member intervened. By then, Nex, who used they/them pronouns, had landed on the floor, suffering a blow to the head. Nobody summoned an ambulance.

The school suspended Nex for two weeks and called Nex’s grandmother, Sue Benedict, who told The Independent that she arrived to see Nex’s face was battered.

The grandmother, who had formally adopted Nex, took them to Bailey Medical Center, where they were examined and released. The police had not even been notified of the altercation when the grandmother called them.
Trans advocates are going wild about how no ambulance was called and how this is a case of transphobia. Key here for the ambulance is two things. School nurse examined and didn't think it necessary. Hospital then examined and sent home. Obviously something was missed, but you don't just up and scan someone's head every time they get a hard hit.

Parents identified this child by different name to media then the school did as well. Of note, this isn't a trans child, this is someone who is experimenting with gender identity by refusing to pick one side or another.
I'm sure more details will come out, but this will be used to promote the false narrative that transgender are killed at a higher rate then others.
There are details that are missing naturally, what happened to the trans child that was with the non-binary child? were they involved? being defended? attacker?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Reading further, it’s unclear if the hospital medical staff even saw this patient… might not be missed but rather not even assessed. If that’s the case, hospital is in a bad spot legally if some non medical personnel sent them home.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

"Since Benedict’s death on February 8, they have been repeatedly misgendered and deadnamed in media reports."

What is that?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:28 am "Since Benedict’s death on February 8, they have been repeatedly misgendered and deadnamed in media reports."

What is that?
When this child declared they were non-binary (as with many non-binary or transgender) they changed the name they were referred as. This one apparently was recent enough that the family wasn’t steady on using the new name. Legally it wasn’t likely changed, some schools are quick to make internal changes for classrooms and such, and some refuse to go along.
Their gender identity would be a “they” so calling them female or make would be misgendering. Using their legal name they decided not to go by would be considered dead naming. Perfectly understandable to struggle with changing at first and calling it hateful is a little harsh.
0 x
steve-in-kville

Soloist wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:51 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:28 am "Since Benedict’s death on February 8, they have been repeatedly misgendered and deadnamed in media reports."

What is that?
When this child declared they were non-binary (as with many non-binary or transgender) they changed the name they were referred as. This one apparently was recent enough that the family wasn’t steady on using the new name. Legally it wasn’t likely changed, some schools are quick to make internal changes for classrooms and such, and some refuse to go along.
Their gender identity would be a “they” so calling them female or make would be misgendering. Using their legal name they decided not to go by would be considered dead naming. Perfectly understandable to struggle with changing at first and calling it hateful is a little harsh.
I had a chance to look it up. Never heard this one before.
0 x

Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I’d say there’s more to the story they aren’t telling us… like any details about who beat this person to death

Chances are if they leave details out, it’s because some of the details are inconvenient for their narrative. Much like you’ve probably heard very little about the Kansas City parade shooters.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:15 am I’d say there’s more to the story they aren’t telling us… like any details about who beat this person to death

Chances are if they leave details out, it’s because some of the details are inconvenient for their narrative. Much like you’ve probably heard very little about the Kansas City parade shooters.
Well there certainly is the question of the trans kid that was mentioned. If this was an attack, what happened to them?
0 x
steve-in-kville

Josh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:15 am I’d say there’s more to the story they aren’t telling us… like any details about who beat this person to death

I listened to a podcast last week in regards to that. Definitely some embellishment there.
0 x

Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:22 am

Well there certainly is the question of the trans kid that was mentioned. If this was an attack, what happened to them?
You mean other than Nex Benedict? It's my understanding that there was only one victim. Some of the media is calling them "trans," when they identified themselves as "non-binary." It's on the transgender spectrum, but it's not the same thing.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford