Canadian Mounties use PIT maneuver on John Deere!

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Canadian Mounties use PIT maneuver on John Deere!

Post by steve-in-kville »

Good on our friends to the north...

https://jalopnik.com/watch-cops-pit-man ... 1851049528
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Canadian Mounties use PIT maneuver on John Deere!

Post by temporal1 »

1) Nice painted turtle. :D
2) i’ll never be able to see large farm equipment on the road in the same way. i see lots of it.
3) glad no one was seriously hurt. must have been a young guy to bounce like that.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
steve-in-kville

I just watched another video that was longer. The driver fell out of the sun roof....
0 x

Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

No clue why that was necessary. At this.point I'm sympathetic to the tractor guy.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

It's hard for me to tell if the cop turned into the tractor, or if the tractor turned into the cop. I know that the articles says the cop turned into the tractor, but is that really the case? With the exit there, I wonder if the tractor driver decided to try to take the exit and turned into the cop.

Why wouldn't the tractor driver obey the cops? That is how people get killed, not stopping, trying to get away.
0 x
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

RZehr wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:19 pm Why wouldn't the tractor driver obey the cops? That is how people get killed, not stopping, trying to get away.
People here in Canada have taken notes from your American example that as long as someone is protesting they can ignore the cops.

And since this farmer was protesting against the school system hiding children’s “genders” from parents and giving children life altering puberty blocking drugs without parental consent and etc tempers are getting pretty flared up, up here.
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

You can hear the guy talking in the video saying as the tractor goes by, "He's swerving, hitting the cop car". And I see in a picture, that there are black rubber tire marks from the tractor clear in the back of the cop car.

After noticing the rubber marks on the car, and hearing the guys observation, it seems more likely to me that the tractor turned into the car, and more unlikely that the car turned into the tractor. You'd have to be insane to turn a car into the tire of a tractor like that too.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

It looks to me like the car and the tractor were jockeying for position - in the lead up to the overturn the car seems to be trying to maintain its position beside the tractor and the tractor seems to be trying to push it over so that the car has to take the exit ramp, or else the tractor is trying to get over and take the exit ramp but I think that seems less likely.
In my opinion the adreneline in both tractor and car was running high and neither was making good decisions by that point.
0 x
steve-in-kville

temporal1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:45 am 1) Nice painted turtle. :D
2) i’ll never be able to see large farm equipment on the road in the same way. i see lots of it.
3) glad no one was seriously hurt. must have been a young guy to bounce like that.
1) Thank you. My employer's pond is full of them. I enjoy walking down there on my lunch breaks.
2) Very true. You should see the farmers rush to beat the rain, whether its harvesting or emptying the pit. I'll hear the humming those big tires all night long.
3) So am I. He still ran from the cops, though. I read later that he fell through the sunroof of the tractor when it went over.
0 x