Likely Terror Attack at Rainbow Bridge

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Likely Terror Attack at Rainbow Bridge

Post by mike »

A young man who lives with us was planning to cross the bridge to Ontario in the morning for Thanksgiving. If this turns out to have been an attempted terror attack, my guess is he may as well plan on swimming the Niagara.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Likely Terror Attack at Rainbow Bridge

Post by temporal1 »

Unlike the shock following 9-11-2001, we all now “know the drill” of random, unnanounced terrorist attacks, favoring places of transportation, gov buildings, and any busy occupied places with unprepared, unarmed targets.

Formerly considered acts of cowardice. That even children can understand.

Luke 2:14
https://biblehub.com/luke/2-14.htm
13And suddenly there appeared with the angel a great multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying:

14“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rests!”

15When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another,
“Let us go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.”…

(i expect) plenty of turmoil, esp in transportation, esp moving closer to Christmas; i pray to be “dead-wrong.” so to speak.
Last edited by temporal1 on Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Well, you always need to have some kind of justification to start a war and spend billions (or trillions) of dollars and bombs, guns, shells, not to mention the cost of human lives for the soldiers that are ordered overseas who never return.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Neto, is Mike G. a relative of yours?

https://www.wgrz.com/video/news/local/w ... d7a6bc9dd2
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Update #1: Fox News reports "an Iranian passport has been found near the vehicle". (Cue invading Iran next)

Update #2: Reuters is reporting that it was probably an accident due to a reckless/careless driver. (Quick, cancel that invasion!)
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Josh wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:22 pm Update #1: Fox News reports "an Iranian passport has been found near the vehicle". (Cue invading Iran next)

Update #2: Reuters is reporting that it was probably an accident due to a reckless/careless driver. (Quick, cancel that invasion!)
What kind of reckless/careless driver causes an explosion at an immigration booth?
3 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:22 pm Update #1: Fox News reports "an Iranian passport has been found near the vehicle". (Cue invading Iran next)

How to “square” global warming horrors with unlimited military actions? Are terrorists liable for extra ecological damage penalties? Should civilians say we’ll think about global warming - - - AFTER ya’ll stop military strikes?
What kind of reckless/careless driver causes an explosion at an immigration booth?
suicidal terrorist
0 x

UNKNOWN
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Fox News wrote:The FBI is investigating a vehicle explosion that occurred Wednesday at the Rainbow Bridge border crossing between the U.S. and Canada.

The vehicle was heading from the U.S. to Canada and was going in the direction of the border officer building, sources told Fox News' Alexis McAdams.

All bridges were closed in the area, and all government buildings were evacuated, according to sources. Sources tell Fox News' Alexis McAdams that the incident was being treated as a possible attack.

Fox News' Alexis McAdams was told by sources that the explosion was so big and fierce, that authorities first thought it was a terrorist attack.
You can just tell they wanted to invade Iran so bad!
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

mike wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:33 pm
Fox News wrote:The FBI is investigating a vehicle explosion that occurred Wednesday at the Rainbow Bridge border crossing between the U.S. and Canada.

The vehicle was heading from the U.S. to Canada and was going in the direction of the border officer building, sources told Fox News' Alexis McAdams.

All bridges were closed in the area, and all government buildings were evacuated, according to sources. Sources tell Fox News' Alexis McAdams that the incident was being treated as a possible attack.

Fox News' Alexis McAdams was told by sources that the explosion was so big and fierce, that authorities first thought it was a terrorist attack.
You can just tell they wanted to invade Iran so bad!
Nah. Iraq 3.0. Especially if this guy is from Saudi Arabia.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

:idea: SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION 🔥

NBC / No sign of terrorism in blast that killed 2 at U.S.-Canada border in Niagara Falls, governor says
“At this time there is no indication of a terrorist involved attack here at the Rainbow Bridge in Western New York,"
Gov. Kathy Hochul said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ra ... rcna126397
.. The car, which officials have said was traveling at a high rate of speed, was on the U.S. side of the border when it crashed, caught fire and exploded, contrary to some early reports that the vehicle had come from Canada.

Hochul said she’s seen video of the car that was going at an “extraordinarily high rate of speed” before it went flying in an “absolutely surreal” scene.

“When you see this video, your jaw will drop in disbelief at how this went so high, over an 8-foot-high fence,” she said. ..

.. Rickie Wilson, who works for Gray Line Tours, couldn't believe his eyes when he spotted the "airborne" vehicle. He said it appeared the car struck a cement median before it went flying.

"I first thought it was an airplane. Looked like slow motion," Wilson told Rochester NBC affiliate WHEC. "And I said, 'My God, it's a car and it's a vehicle and it's flying through the air.' "

The witness estimated the car was 10 to 15 feet in the air.

"I mean how did it get up there? I mean this thing was up in the air," Wilson told reporters. "I know it sounds like I'm crazy, but the car was airborne and not three or four feet, I mean it was up there."

A Customs and Border Protection employee suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from a hospital, a law enforcement official said. Hochul said the employee was working in the booth and “the booth literally protected that individual.”

“This vehicle basically incinerated,” Hochul said. “Nothing is left but the engine. The pieces are scattered over 13, 14 booths.”

Rickie Wilson, who works for Gray Line Tours, couldn't believe his eyes when he spotted the "airborne" vehicle. He said it appeared the car struck a cement median before it went flying.

"I first thought it was an airplane. Looked like slow motion," Wilson told Rochester NBC affiliate WHEC.
"And I said, 'My God, it's a car and it's a vehicle and it's flying through the air.' "

The witness estimated the car was 10 to 15 feet in the air.
Nothing to see here.
Just a couple of local farm boys out for a joy ride. :roll:

Columbo: “Just one more thing” ..

.. Did the car just happen to be loaded with jet fuel??
0 x

UNKNOWN