October 7th Hamas Attack - What doesn't add up.

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

October 7th Hamas Attack - What doesn't add up.

Post by JohnHurt »

Friends,

There is something "fishy" about the October 7th Hamas attack in Israel. Here are my questions, and your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

1. No Immediate Counter Response by Israel to this Invasion.

There was a 7 hour delay in the response by the Israeli Defense Force to protect Israeli citizens. Why?

There is a Israeli base about 10 miles away from the invasion site, with 50 attack helicopters. Just 5 of these helicopters could have repelled the invasion, but they were not used. Why is that?

Israel has cameras to watch this border with Gaza. Nothing can get across the border without their knowledge. Yet the Israeli Defense Force did nothing for 7 hours. Why?

2. Supposedly there was No Prior Knowledge of the October 7th Attack.

The Mossad is one of the premier intelligence gathering operations in the world. They have agents inside Gaza and inside Hamas, and nothing like an assault of this nature could have gotten past their spy networks. How could the Mossad have not known this attack would happen?

3. Where did Hamas get their equipment for the invasion?

I saw videos of heavy machinery being used by Hamas to destroy the border fence. There were trucks, quads, motorcycles, and even flying paramotors used by Hamas in this attack.

With Gaza being having all of their food, water, medicine cut off by the Israeli and Egyptian embargoes, how did this machinery arrive in Gaza?

4. Who made and released the videos?

The "optics" for this event to influence the world against Gaza has been "perfect". It looks like Hamas recorded their own videos of shooting defenseless civilians from the paramotors, and the videos of hunting Israelis and shooting into the port-potties to kill innocent people. - which they immediately released to the world. Why would they do that? Why would they they distribute these videos to turn public opinion against their own cause? Are they really that dumb?

On the Israeli side, there are videos of the paramotors flying in the sky, long before they arrived. How would someone know to record the paramotors before they even arrived? Paramotors are quiet at a distance. How did they know to video them miles away?

Then there were the videos of defenseless Israelis being hunted by Hamas, and being shot as they ran across a field, or hid in the woods. These videos were made by the Israeli people there, and they are terrifying and very effective in molding public opinion. And the videos were released to the world immediately, without consideration of the families of the people who were killed. Why is that?

5. Why did they move a rock concert to just 3 miles from Gaza?

The sound of this open air concert could be easily heard in Gaza. The concert was relocated just two days before, due to "scheduling problems" with the original site. So why was this concert in such a convenient place that all of the "optics" could be recorded (paramotors with machine guns shooting people, people being hunted by Hamas, Hamas firing guns into porta-potties, etc.). Why was this concert in the "right spot" when the invasion happened?

6. Cui Bono - Who Benefited?

So who benefited from this invasion by Hamas? It wasn't the concert goers. And it wasn't the people of Gaza, who are being carpet bombed now. Who really benefited from this invasion?

7. Why does Israel not just arrest the Hamas people responsible for the invasion, and leave the rest of the people in Gaza alone?

Why can't Israel just round up the leaders of Hamas, and those that participated in the invasion, put them on trial by jury, and execute only the ones that have committed murder?

Why does this "invasion" have to be the pretext for an all-out "ground war" now to destroy all of the homes of the Palestinan people in Gaza? Why are the innocent to be punished for the crimes of the guilty?

8. Who are the innocent, and who are the guilty?

The innocent are the Israeli people at the concert, and the Palestinian people that live peaceably in Gaza.

The guilty are those in Hamas that kill innocent people to start a war, and those in Israel that kill people in retaliation to create a never-ending war. But the greatest guilt would be someone that created the basis for the invasion as a pretext for the genocide of the Palestinian people.

9. What do you think would be the solution to stop this from happening in the future?

I think they should give everyone in Palestine the right to vote. In just one election, the government of Israel, which is based on race, would be replaced by a government that would allow all of the people in Palestine to have input into the political process.

That would end the Palestinian "Apartheid". And there are a lot of Jews and Palestinians that would like to "get along with each other", if the Zionist were gone. The non-Zionist Jews and Palestinians did live in peace before 1948. You did not see this happening before the Zionist arrived, who did things like blowing up the King David Hotel in 1946. Many Jews are peaceful, and so are many Palestinians.

Just one fair and democratic election would run the Zionists and Hamas out of Palestine, or put them in jail where they belong. No one would vote to live in a terror state like this.

If they don't produce a political solution, one day the tables with turn against the minority Jewish population in Palestine, and the nations that surround the State of Israel will exact vengeance on every Jew, even those that were innocent of any crime and oppose Zionism. That is a terrible prospect, but it is certain that this cannot go on forever.

What are your thoughts? Have I missed something?
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: October 7th Hamas Attack - What doesn't add up.

Post by Josh »

It does indeed smell like a fish market in Shuk Hapishpishim in Tammuz.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

It's all fake it never happened but if it did Israel should not do what it is doing
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Praxis+Theodicy
Affiliation: Seeker

Post by Praxis+Theodicy »

I might be out of the loop, but what is "the invasion"? It was my impression that Hamas was an insurgency faction, a terrorist group made of people that lives in the Gaza Strip, sort of like the Irish Republican Army in the days of the Struggles.

But you refer to the attacks as an invasion. Did Hamas insurgents come into Israel from a neighboring country?

I guess my basic misunderstanding is that i thought the terrorist group Hamas was already living in Israel, and attacked civilians at a concert. I don't understand what was meant by "the invasion".
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

mike wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:03 pm It's all fake it never happened but if it did Israel should not do what it is doing
What Israel is doing appears to be fake too.

For example, Israel apparently fake-bombed a hospital in Gaza that was fake destroyed when it turns out nothing of the sort happened.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Ken wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:23 pm
mike wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:03 pm It's all fake it never happened but if it did Israel should not do what it is doing

For example, Israel apparently fake-bombed a hospital in Gaza that was fake destroyed when it turns out nothing of the sort happened.
What actually happened?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Soloist wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:25 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:23 pm

What actually happened?
A Palestinian rocket fired from just by the hospital toward Israel fell short and landed in the parking lot of the hospital, making a small hole and damaging car windows and some windows in the hospital. It is unclear if anybody was actually killed.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

It’s all a red tomato.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Praxis+Theodicy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:09 pm I might be out of the loop, but what is "the invasion"? It was my impression that Hamas was an insurgency faction, a terrorist group made of people that lives in the Gaza Strip, sort of like the Irish Republican Army in the days of the Struggles.

But you refer to the attacks as an invasion. Did Hamas insurgents come into Israel from a neighboring country?

I guess my basic misunderstanding is that i thought the terrorist group Hamas was already living in Israel, and attacked civilians at a concert. I don't understand what was meant by "the invasion".
Hamas was formed in 1987 as a religious extremist terrorist alternative to the more secular Palestinian Authority and the Fatah party of Yasir Arafat.

After the death of Arafat, the Palestinian territories held elections in 2006 and the political wing of Hamas won a majority of seats to control the government in Gaza but they lost to Fatah in the West Bank. So since then Gaza has been under the control of the political wing of Hamas and the west bank has been under the administration of Fatah which runs the Palestinian Authority. The difference being that the west bank is occupied by Israeli troops and settlers while Gaza is not.

Since 2006 no new elections have been held in either the west bank or Gaza so the situation is more or less frozen in place. Hamas and Fatah keep canceling scheduled elections so are basically both illegitimate. But there are no alternatives. So in Gaza today you have both Hamas civilian administrators who are running the government and a military/terrorist wing that fights against Israel.

The events of October 7th were Hamas fighters or terrorists crossing the border from Gaza into Israel proper. The fact that they were able to do so points to a complete intelligence and military failure of the Netanyahu regime. Which many observers are attributing to the right-wing settlement policies of the Netanyahu government in the West Bank that have drawn much military attention away from Gaza.

1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

3. Where did Hamas get their equipment for the invasion?

I saw videos of heavy machinery being used by Hamas to destroy the border fence. There were trucks, quads, motorcycles, and even flying paramotors used by Hamas in this attack.

With Gaza being having all of their food, water, medicine cut off by the Israeli and Egyptian embargoes, how did this machinery arrive in Gaza?
Iran is helping Hamas. The prior administration threatened Iran and kept them poor because of his oil sanctions. But Biden loosened oil sanctions on Iran and they have become very wealthy.
0 x