No human remains found 2 years after claims of ‘mass graves’ in Canada

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

No human remains found 2 years after claims of ‘mass graves’ in Canada

Post by MaxPC »

“The revelation that the story was likely untrue all along comes only after anti-Catholic criminals committed hundreds of acts of hatred and vandalism against Catholic churches over the false accusation. In addition, leading figures on the political and cultural left have made the unfounded story a central part of heated rhetoric against Catholics.”
“After two years of horror stories about the alleged mass graves of Indigenous children at residential schools across Canada, a series of recent excavations at suspected sites has turned up no human remains,” the New York Post reported Thursday.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Re: No human remains found 2 years after claims of ‘mass graves’ in Canada

Post by NedFlanders »

Not too surprising. For those of us who live in Canada, and talk to native descendants - I have only ever heard happy good first hand accounts of going to residential schools. Unfortunately many of them tell me most of their relatives are dead from alcohol and leaving the native culture through the residential schools was the best thing for them rather than the abuse and neglect on native reserves.

Now some may think that not all stories are like that - I say don’t even bother defending otherwise - go on to a reserve your self and it is blaringly obvious - stop believing the news and go for yourself - you will see. The worst thing is the government keeps on enabling this horrific situation by keeping on giving these people money and special rights - I pity them very much.
2 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I know people whose family members didn't come back from residential school. I know a man who was sexually assaulted at a residential school to the extent that he was incapable of producing children.
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

NedFlanders wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:14 am Not too surprising. For those of us who live in Canada, and talk to native descendants - I have only ever heard happy good first hand accounts of going to residential schools. Unfortunately many of them tell me most of their relatives are dead from alcohol and leaving the native culture through the residential schools was the best thing for them rather than the abuse and neglect on native reserves.

Now some may think that not all stories are like that - I say don’t even bother defending otherwise - go on to a reserve your self and it is blaringly obvious - stop believing the news and go for yourself - you will see. The worst thing is the government keeps on enabling this horrific situation by keeping on giving these people money and special rights - I pity them very much.
Indeed and amen.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

barnhart wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:18 am I know people whose family members didn't come back from residential school. I know a man who was sexually assaulted at a residential school to the extent that he was incapable of producing children.
The entire purpose of these schools was to separate native children from their families and to raise them in a white culture, thereby destroying native culture.

These kids were often kidnapped by the Canadian and American governments and forced to attend these schools without the consent of their families.

According to Article 2, Section E of the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, kidnapping children en masse in order to assimilate them into another a culture is genocide. Regardless of whether the allegations of mass graves is true or not, the residential schools were part of a program of genocide against native people.
2 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

Szdfan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:23 am
barnhart wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:18 am I know people whose family members didn't come back from residential school. I know a man who was sexually assaulted at a residential school to the extent that he was incapable of producing children.
The entire purpose of these schools was to separate native children from their families and to raise them in a white culture, thereby destroying native culture.

These kids were often kidnapped by the Canadian and American governments and forced to attend these schools without the consent of their families.

According to Article 2, Section E of the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, kidnapping children en masse in order to assimilate them into another a culture is genocide. Regardless of whether the allegations of mass graves is true or not, the residential schools were part of a program of genocide against native people.
Have you ever been on a reserve here in Canada?

When children as young as 2 years old are wandering the street with parents inside passed out or shooting up and someone comes along builds a school and tries to educate and feed these abused and neglected children - you call that genocide? Wow!

It is time for people to actually come here and see for yourself. If you want something done come and support our CA church plants that have labored for years trying to help these people get out from under pagan evil witchcraft practices that have them bound in sexually abusing their own daughters and nieces as sex toys.

I am not saying that the government has done anything right. Nor am I saying that any person professing Christ has been faultless in this but it is clear that there is a severe need and many have desired to help the abused native children and they then get falsely accused of being worse or all wrong when that just simple is not true.
2 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

NedFlanders wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:38 am
Szdfan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:23 am

Have you ever been on a reserve here in Canada?

When children as young as 2 years old are wandering the street with parents inside passed out or shooting up and someone comes along builds a school and tries to educate and feed these abused and neglected children - you call that genocide? Wow!

It is time for people to actually come here and see for yourself. If you want something done come and support our CA church plants that have labored for years trying to help these people get out from under pagan evil witchcraft practices that have them bound in sexually abusing their own daughters and nieces as sex toys.

I am not saying that the government has done anything right. Nor am I saying that any person professing Christ has been faultless in this but it is clear that there is a severe need and many have desired to help the abused native children and they then get falsely accused of being worse or all wrong when that just simple is not true.
Spot on. Well said, Ned.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

There is a certain line of thinking that treats certain cultures as "curiosities" and demands that they should be left alone to continue whatever culture they already have. As an example I submit a recent article by The NY Timesdiscussing the last two members of the Piripura tribe. There is a group of people dedicated to "observing" them, within the last few years they forcibly abducted the two men and took them to the city so they could perform surgery on one of them, taking them to visit villages with girls and women in hopes of convincing the younger man to father some children, etc. The tone of the article is pretty much that these men are being treated like zoo animals.

There seems to be a similar thought process by some regarding the culture of the indigenous peoples of North America - let them live in squalor and continue to abuse their women and children because this is part of their culture. Fact is - not all cultures are equally valid - some cultural practices need to be destroyed.
3 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

NedFlanders wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:38 amIt is time for people to actually come here and see for yourself. If you want something done come and support our CA church plants that have labored for years trying to help these people get out from under pagan evil witchcraft practices that have them bound in sexually abusing their own daughters and nieces as sex toys.
It is quite rich for someone to be claiming it is Native American religions that sexually abuse children. When in point of fact church and government-run boarding schools have a well documented history of pervasive sexual abuse of children. As well as physical abuse, abusive child labor, and a host of other abuses.

What is your evidence for the assertion that traditional Native American religions are centered on the sexual abuse of children?

What you see on reservations today in the US and Canada is the culmination of a century-long government effort to undermine and destroy native cultures and communities. Combined with endless broken treaties and obligations. Much of it motivated by greed and the desire to expropriate native lands and resources. They result is not surprising: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... hools.html
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

ken_sylvania wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:34 am There is a certain line of thinking that treats certain cultures as "curiosities" and demands that they should be left alone to continue whatever culture they already have. As an example I submit a recent article by The NY Timesdiscussing the last two members of the Piripura tribe. There is a group of people dedicated to "observing" them, within the last few years they forcibly abducted the two men and took them to the city so they could perform surgery on one of them, taking them to visit villages with girls and women in hopes of convincing the younger man to father some children, etc. The tone of the article is pretty much that these men are being treated like zoo animals.

There seems to be a similar thought process by some regarding the culture of the indigenous peoples of North America - let them live in squalor and continue to abuse their women and children because this is part of their culture. Fact is - not all cultures are equally valid - some cultural practices need to be destroyed.
"Some" is a good way to qualify it. Those practices that destroy the dignity of the individual (incest; substance abuse; violent abuse) certainly do that.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)