POLL: How many hours a week do you work?

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.

How many hours a week do you work?

0 - Retired/Disabled
13%
1-10
No votes
11-20
4%
21-30
4%
31-40
9%
41-50
39%
51-60
17%
61-70
4%
71+
9%

Total votes: 23

mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

POLL: How many hours a week do you work?

Post by mike »

Inspired by the thread Work ethic advice for the next generation

For purposes of the poll, tally only the hours worked for profit.
2 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: POLL: How many hours a week do you work?

Post by Soloist »

Entirely depends on the week… if I count my drive it would be even worse. This week I’m working 60 hours not including driving or work related meetings… 2 of them today.
Normally I’ve been working 48 hours + driving.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Not to be disruptive but I worked in academia for a salaried paycheck, not for profit. In short I was paid the same regardless of the hours. Nonetheless that job ranged from 63 to 80 hours a week dependent upon various committee sittings as well as the marking of papers in addition to class instruction time.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Good poll. Made me stop to think.

My day job can be any where from 42 hours to 50 and beyond. I have had weeks that topped 55+ already, back when the pandemic was in full swing. Side hustles/gigs may add another five hours to that, but that is work from home and don't mind it as much.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

I haven't added up my hours worked in a while. As a business owner I don't usually have reason to track them. I work fewer hours in the winter, and probably do around 55 hours in the slower season and closer to 60-65 hours in the busy season (spring/summer).
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

mike wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:39 am I haven't added up my hours worked in a while. As a business owner I don't usually have reason to track them. I work fewer hours in the winter, and probably do around 55 hours in the slower season and closer to 60-65 hours in the busy season (spring/summer).
I keep track of my time so I can bill a customer who wants to pay by the hour, and then discount a bunch of the charges so we can stay under their fixed budget.
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

I'm officially retired, but I average 30 - 40 hours of volunteer work a week for Seed of Hope Farm, a non-profit.

As most of the work is farming, I do more in the warmer months, but we are also constructing a greenhouse and I am secretary/treasurer.
3 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

mike wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:14 am Inspired by the thread Work ethic advice for the next generation

As a teacher and public employee, I technically don't do any work for profit. :)
2 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

JimFoxvog wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:57 am I'm officially retired, but I average 30 - 40 hours of volunteer work a week for Seed of Hope Farm, a non-profit.

As most of the work is farming, I do more in the warmer months, but we are also constructing a greenhouse and I am secretary/treasurer.
Good for you. My wife has a distant cousin that is all of 90 and she still volunteers with the local homeless shelter. She has a passion for it.
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Szdfan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:45 am
mike wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:14 am Inspired by the thread Work ethic advice for the next generation

As a teacher and public employee, I technically don't do any work for profit. :)
As a self employed craftsman, it often seems I don't either.
2 x