Outcomes of Overturning Roe Vs. Wade

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Outcomes of Overturning Roe Vs. Wade

Post by Ernie »

I'm wondering what statistics and trends are happening as a result of the overturning of Roe Vs. Wade.

1. Are people moving to different states as a result of this?

2. Are the "trigger laws" being enforced?

etc.
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Outcomes of Overturning Roe Vs. Wade

Post by Josh »

Ernie wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:07 pm I'm wondering what statistics and trends are happening as a result of the overturning of Roe Vs. Wade.

etc.
Currently, masses of people are migrating from places like California to places like Texas and Florida. Since the Dobbs decision, this pace of outmigration has not changed, but is indeed continuing to increase.

Some other states with “trigger laws” or anti-abortion laws are also seeing massive growth, including Tennessee and Alabama.

In Ohio, some judge has ruled the Ohio constitution enshrines a right to late term abortions and thus currently abortion clinics here are allowed to continue to kill babies.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:16 pm
In Ohio, some judge has ruled the Ohio constitution enshrines a right to late term abortions
and thus currently abortion clinics here are allowed to continue to kill babies.
If correct, confirming suspicions this was another big political side show:

Jess77 / Raped 10 year old, abortion and what to do now.
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... it=indiana
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

If we evangelise the culture at the grassroots with the truth of the Bible, mothers who are pregnant will choose to seek support and even adoption. The laws permitting the murder of the unborn will become useless. Infanticide in the extant Roman Empire during the time of the Apostles was commonplace. As Christian beliefs spread through the discipling efforts of those early Christians, infanticide became unthinkable. Quite powerful is the hand of God in the missions.
4 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:35 pm If we evangelise the culture at the grassroots with the truth of the Bible, mothers who are pregnant will choose to seek support and even adoption. The laws permitting the murder of the unborn will become useless. Infanticide in the extant Roman Empire during the time of the Apostles was commonplace. As Christian beliefs spread through the discipling efforts of those early Christians, infanticide became unthinkable. Quite powerful is the hand of God in the missions.
In fairness, America has been being "evangelised" since its founding, with many Great Awakenings, and mostly constituted by religious people. Yet lawlessness and immorality has increased, not decreased.

I think it's a good thing for countries to have laws against murder.
1 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

The impact in NY has been minimal as far as I know. Mostly because the first issue tackled by state government in 2016 was to write Roe type rights into the state constitution. They saw Dobbs coming.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

barnhart wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:33 pm The impact in NY has been minimal as far as I know. Mostly because the first issue tackled by state government in 2016 was to write Roe type rights into the state constitution. They saw Dobbs coming.
“Minimal”?

Dobbs doesn’t force liberal states to outlaw abortion. It just says that states can restrict abortion if they want to.

Places like California have gone out of their way to make more abortions happen. I haven’t followed NYS closely but I assume they’re doing similar.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

The State of Chicago foresaw a gold mine, invested in pro-abortion LAWS, EDUCATION, CLINICS, before the overturn.
The dedicated freaky governor is touting the state as a regional center for abortion. PRIDE is central.

A lucrative industry. i wouldn’t be surprised if the state counted abortion seekers as part of the tourism industry. :evil:

i agree with barnhart.
different states did not wait to RESPOND to changed law, they moved proactively to circumvent it before it existed.
i’m not sure of the ethics involved. but, for such as these, “ethics” are not on their radar.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ernie wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:07 pm I'm wondering what statistics and trends are happening as a result of the overturning of Roe Vs. Wade.

etc.
It is so sad to see women fighting to be able to kill their unborn babies.

To your first question, I am sure those who threaten to move to different states as a result of overturning Roe Vs. Wade are like those who said they would move to Canada if the former president was elected. From what I understand, they never did.

I don't know whether trigger laws are being enforced.

The President's press secretary keeps making the claim that Republicans want a total ban on abortion, which is a lie that she and many others in the administration and the media are purporting. What Lindsey Graham and other Republicans are promoting is banning abortions after 15 weeks, with medical exceptions. After 15 weeks a baby has a beating heart and can feel pain. Also the 15 week limit puts the United States on par with most other developed Nations. 72 countries, including France & Germany, allow abortions only up to 12 weeks.

As for trends, there are no words for the trend of evilness in those who promote this culture of death for the least and most vulnerable in our society.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:22 pm
barnhart wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:33 pm The impact in NY has been minimal as far as I know. Mostly because the first issue tackled by state government in 2016 was to write Roe type rights into the state constitution. They saw Dobbs coming.
“Minimal”?

Dobbs doesn’t force liberal states to outlaw abortion. It just says that states can restrict abortion if they want to.

Places like California have gone out of their way to make more abortions happen. I haven’t followed NYS closely but I assume they’re doing similar.
Not only that but Governor Newsome of California has been putting up Billboards in 6 states that have banned abortions, inviting women to CA for abortions and has even quoted a Scripture from Mark on the billboards!! (I can't recall which passage, as i heard this on Christian radio while i was driving). By the way, rumor has it he may be a candidate for the 2024 Presidential election. I'm sure he will use his position on this as a way to get votes if that's true.
0 x