Monkeypox

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Monkeypox

Post by temporal1 »

nett:
Seriously, how hard would it be to say,
“If you or your partner have (or think you might have) monkeypox, NO DO NOT HAVE SEX"

Quite a moderate message.

How about,
“For your sake, and mankind’s, don’t play Russian Roulette with your body, don’t engage in activities known to produce deadly pathogens, including terminal disease - in addition to spreading STDs, Hepatitus, certain cancers, certain permanent physical damage.” Abstain.

Similar messages about fornication and adultery. For those in need of reminders.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

nett wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:04 pm Seriously, how hard would it be to say, "If you or your partner have (or think you might have) monkeypox, NO DO NOT HAVE SEX"
Staying six feet apart without touching each other seems to include that idea.
1 x
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

JimFoxvog wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:52 am
nett wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:04 pm Seriously, how hard would it be to say, "If you or your partner have (or think you might have) monkeypox, NO DO NOT HAVE SEX"
That's only one of their recommendations. The reality is that monkeypox is spread through sodomy, but the CDC cannot say that, because it would be offensive to tell the truth.
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

nett wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:46 am
That's only one of their recommendations. The reality is that monkeypox is spread through sodomy, but the CDC cannot say that, because it would be offensive to tell the truth.
Thats only part of the truth though... it can be spread through other contact routes too... To focus on one aspect and make a conspiracy out of it... I've seen several articles mentioning the public health (of a few countries) offering it to active homosexuals. They are admitting it but they have to balance how it is presented and how the listener will take it. You are not the target audience.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:49 pm
JimFoxvog wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:52 am Staying six feet apart without touching each other seems to include that idea.
Thats only part of the truth though... it can be spread through other contact routes too...
To focus on one aspect and make a conspiracy out of it... I've seen several articles mentioning the public health (of a few countries) offering it to active homosexuals. They are admitting it but they have to balance how it is presented and how the listener will take it. You are not the target audience.

A primary problem is that folks know, public health+crime facts will be tampered with, interpretted, filtered, massaged, etc., for the stated purpose of attempting to protect/prioritize some over others. A form of gov trying to play God.

No system is perfect.
A system that breeds distrust is not a net gain, no matter lofty goals.

“The truth hurts” used to be a helpful saying. For everyone.

It’s been replaced with, “We’re not going to let the truth hurt you” - even if it hurts you+many others in the process.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

You can get Covid by having sex with someone as well. Does that make Covid a sexually-transmitted disease?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
nett

Post by nett »

Ken wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:12 am
You can get Covid by having sex with someone as well. Does that make Covid a sexually-transmitted disease?
There is no evidence COVID is spread by sexual contact. That's not the case for monkeypox.

Does the fact monkeypox doesn't behave according to your liberal ideology make you unable to contribute meaningful to the discussion, and instead have to be a giant troll?
Last edited by nett on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
nett

Post by nett »

Soloist wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:49 pm
Thats only part of the truth though... it can be spread through other contact routes too... To focus on one aspect and make a conspiracy out of it... I've seen several articles mentioning the public health (of a few countries) offering it to active homosexuals. They are admitting it but they have to balance how it is presented and how the listener will take it. You are not the target audience.
I'm not sure what you're saying. What is the conspiracy?

Homosexual sexual activity is responsible for all of the outbreaks observed so far, as far as I know.

Even science.org, on which bootstrap's venerated mediabiasfactcheck bestows a positively adulating rating of PRO-SCIENCE, had to bring themselves to admit it

Why the monkeypox outbreak is mostly affecting men who have sex with men
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

nett wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:17 am There is no evidence COVID is spread by sexual contact. That's not the case for monkeypox.

imagine the devastation (esp among young males) if HIV-AIDS had been addressed in any way similar to the Wuhan Flu in the 1980’s.
instead of becoming a household word, it might have been largely forgotten by now.

in my fantasies, i imagine victims+loved ones bringing a class-action lawsuit against gov for normalizing+spreading HIV-AIDS,
much like Agent Orange and other horrors. (even tho i’m not a litigious-minded soul.)

i want the deceit to stop.

some pathogens are nearly 100% PREVENTABLE.
0 x

UNKNOWN
nett

Post by nett »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 am
nett wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:17 am There is no evidence COVID is spread by sexual contact. That's not the case for monkeypox.

imagine the devastation (esp among young males) if HIV-AIDS had been addressed in any way similar to the Wuhan Flu in the 1980’s.
instead of becoming a household word, it might have been largely forgotten by now.

in my fantasies, i imagine victims+loved ones bringing a class-action lawsuit against gov for normalizing+spreading HIV-AIDS,
much like Agent Orange and other horrors. (even tho i’m not a litigious-minded soul.)

i want the deceit to stop.
How interesting that you can thank none other than the high priest of science, Dr Fauci himself for the AIDS epidemic.

I wonder what the public response would have been if had quickly made known that that the spread of HIV / AIDS was exclusively propagated by promiscuous sodomites.
0 x