Monkeypox

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Monkeypox

Post by temporal1 »

nett wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:32 am
temporal1 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 am
nett wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:17 am There is no evidence COVID is spread by sexual contact. That's not the case for monkeypox.

imagine the devastation (esp among young males) if HIV-AIDS had been addressed in any way similar to the Wuhan Flu in the 1980’s.
instead of becoming a household word, it might have been largely forgotten by now.

in my fantasies, i imagine victims+loved ones bringing a class-action lawsuit against gov for normalizing+spreading HIV-AIDS,
much like Agent Orange and other horrors. (even tho i’m not a litigious-minded soul.)

i want the deceit to stop.
How interesting that you can thank none other than the high priest of science, Dr Fauci himself for the AIDS epidemic.

I wonder what the public response would have been if had quickly made known that that the spread of HIV / AIDS was exclusively propagated by promiscuous sodomites.
As i recall, it was known EARLY+WIDESPREAD. Bath houses went silent.
Immediately followed with unending gov-media-hollywood propaganda to defuse reality.

In history, the natural outcome of disaster was to isolate+avoid the sources of disaster, whether natural or man made.
“O.no! What have we done?! God is punishing us!” Repentance and submission.

The West has become so wealthy+comfortable, no such archaic thinking.
Replaced with, “it’s not your fault, no changes necessary, continue as you were.” Cost is no object. (Taxpayers)

No one dare think personal accountability could be the answer. No way.

The men left the bath houses to attend law schools. The world may never recover.

- - - - - - - -

In 1983, our son was born. So much joy!
But those were scary years regarding AIDS. People were afraid. There were agonizing stories.
We had a friend who was Director of Respiratory Therapy in a local hospital. The things she saw. The fear people had.

It should have been stopped in its tracks. Nope. Normalized.
Last edited by temporal1 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Dr Fauci lied about AIDS and said it could spread easily in the air, when he actually knew it only spread through things like homosexual activities or IV drug use.

Diane Feinstein refused to shut down the gay bars and bathhouses during the AIDS crisis in San Francisco. So it spread there like wildfire.

Monkeypox is no different. The only way not to catch an STD is to not engage in promiscuous immorality.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 am Dr Fauci lied about AIDS and said it could spread easily in the air, when he actually knew it only spread through things like homosexual activities or IV drug use.

Diane Feinstein refused to shut down the gay bars and bathhouses during the AIDS crisis in San Francisco. So it spread there like wildfire.

Monkeypox is no different. The only way not to catch an STD is to not engage in promiscuous immorality.

Now allowed in blood donations.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 am Dr Fauci lied about AIDS and said it could spread easily in the air, when he actually knew it only spread through things like homosexual activities or IV drug use.

Don't look now, but here we go again:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/22/health/f ... index.html

This is spread by close contact. The "gay" community typically has more "contacts" in a single evening than we have in a lifetime!

Judas Maccabeus
0 x
:hug:
Judas Maccabeus

nett wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:32 am
temporal1 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 am
nett wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:17 am There is no evidence COVID is spread by sexual contact. That's not the case for monkeypox.

imagine the devastation (esp among young males) if HIV-AIDS had been addressed in any way similar to the Wuhan Flu in the 1980’s.
instead of becoming a household word, it might have been largely forgotten by now.

in my fantasies, i imagine victims+loved ones bringing a class-action lawsuit against gov for normalizing+spreading HIV-AIDS,
much like Agent Orange and other horrors. (even tho i’m not a litigious-minded soul.)

i want the deceit to stop.
How interesting that you can thank none other than the high priest of science, Dr Fauci himself for the AIDS epidemic.

I wonder what the public response would have been if had quickly made known that that the spread of HIV / AIDS was exclusively propagated by promiscuous sodomites.
Actually it was not only spread that way, we had 4 "Hs" early on:

H-Herion Abusers
H-Hemophelliacs (Spread through blood factor concentrate):
H-Hatians (From the practice of routinely transfusing mothers postpartum)
H- Homosexuals

Today, much of it still comes from IV drug abusers. I was already in practice when the epidemic happened, (Started clinical 1976) and I do not recall anything about airborne transmission.

Judas Maccabeus
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I did not know about this. Was this done anywhere else or was this just a Haitian thing?
0 x
Judas Maccabeus

Josh wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:11 pm
I did not know about this. Was this done anywhere else or was this just a Haitian thing?
Not to my knowledge. Transfusions were avoided in the US in that period because of Hep B.

Frankly, it took awhile before they found that transfusion was the root cause. First notion that was going around was voodoo ceremonies.

I Remember that soon added to the 4 hs were two more:

H- Harlots, prostitutes spread it
H- Hudson (as in Rock)

J.M.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Haven't seen you in a while! welcome back.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Yes. JM, I’m happy to see you back.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-may-losing ... 22888.html
How ridiculous. The headline blares:
The U.S. May Be Losing the Fight Against Monkeypox, Scientists Say
As epidemics go, the monkeypox outbreak should have been relatively easy to snuff out. The virus does not spread efficiently except through intimate contact, and tests and vaccines were at hand even before the current outbreak.

Yet the response in the United States has been sluggish and timid, reminiscent of the early days of the COVID pandemic, experts say, raising troubling questions about the nation’s preparedness for pandemic threats.

The first cases of monkeypox were reported in May, but tests will not be readily available until sometime this month. Vaccines will be in short supply for months longer. Surveillance is spotty, and official case counts are likely a gross underestimate.
“Why is it so hard for something that’s even a known pathogen?” asked Anne Rimoin, a public health researcher at the University of California, Los Angeles, who first warned of monkeypox outbreaks more than a decade ago.
Why is it so hard? Maybe a clue is at the end of the same article:
The global monkeypox toll has surpassed 8,100 cases, mostly men who have sex with men, and about as many potential cases are under investigation. Many of those patients cannot identify the source of their infections, suggesting that there is significant community transmission.
In San Francisco, B, a 43-year-old medical writer who asked that his name be withheld for privacy reasons, found himself shivering uncontrollably with a high fever on June 14, eight days after he had multiple sexual encounters at a bathhouse in Chicago.

When a blister appeared on B’s wrist on the following Friday afternoon, he suspected monkeypox. But his health care provider said the city’s health department would not be able to pick up his sample till Tuesday, June 21, after the Juneteenth holiday.

No one reached out to him to ask about his contacts, or to offer vaccines to his roommate or partner. It was Friday, a week later, before the sample was picked up, and the following Wednesday — nearly two weeks after he had contacted his health care provider — before he was told he had tested positive for an orthopoxvirus.

By then, his lesions had healed, and he no longer needed to isolate. “The irony of this happening on the same day as receiving the first test result is not lost on me,” he said.

Even then, the health department told him it would likely be another week before the CDC could confirm that he had monkeypox.

“Two blisters and a rash on my butt is not the worst I’ve had in my life,” B said. But given his experience, “I don’t think we’re prepared for another pandemic of something that’s actually serious.”
0 x