Monkeypox

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Monkeypox

Post by temporal1 »

CDC / “Monkeypox in the United States
https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/ ... reaks.html
2003 Outbreak from Imported Mammals
In 2003, forty-seven confirmed and probable casesexternal icon of monkeypox were reported from six states—Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

All people infected with monkeypox in this outbreak became ill after having contact with pet prairie dogs.
The pets were infected after being housed near imported small mammals from Ghana.

This was the first time that human monkeypox was reported outside of Africa.
Beware prairie dogs .. (and some other animals listed in the CDC article) ^^

i never heard of prairie dogs kept as pets. i’m not tempted. :-|
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

I haven't kept up on it so I wouldn't know but I agree with Ken on the specifics behind a term. As for prairie dogs... I heard of the plague but not pox from them.

It would seem to me that despite the fear associated with smallpox, the spread of both diseases is very similar. Now they theorize that it could spread through fine droplets and you could safely argue the same for Monkeypox. The primary thing I'm noting is that the amount of infectious material seems to be at a higher requirement for M-pox compared to S-pox.
If M-pox could be spread effectively through the air or even by droplets, this could be a very serious disease with fatality rates in the modern world likely above 3%. I think its likely fear mongering to worry about Monkeypox at the moment and unlikely to be a serious threat unless it mutates to spread easier which is not likely without assistance.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Chapter 95 Microbiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract / 15 pages
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7670/
General Concepts
Composition and Distribution of the Intestinal Microflora

The intestinal microflora is a complex ecosystem containing over 400 bacterial species.

Anaerobes outnumber facultative anaerobes. The flora is sparse in the stomach and upper intestine, but luxuriant in the lower bowel. Bacteria occur both in the lumen and attached to the mucosa, but do not normally penetrate the bowel wall.

The gastrointestinal tract is a marvel of nature, complex design, for the single purpose of breaking down and removing waste from the human body. All action is designed to eliminate waste going in one direction, downward+out. It’s for removing bacteria/waste.
It’s not a receptacle for deposits of any description.

The sheer numbers of bacteria present in a healthy GI tract guarantee there will always be potential for new pathogens to develop.
It’s not a playground. It’s a proven source of disease.

It’s reasonable to believe the potential for deadly disease has been a factor throughout history+cultures regarding taboos.
Reliable supplies of clean water and soap, medicines, etc., are not readily available in all countries. Self-restraint is necessary.
Prevention is necessary.

i recall reading in some African countries where HIV-AIDS was prevalent, children were vulnerable to rape, with the thinking they were less likely to have been sexually active, therefore less likely to be infected. This world can be ugly.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:00 am I haven't kept up on it so I wouldn't know but I agree with Ken on the specifics behind a term.
As for prairie dogs... I heard of the plague but not pox from them.

It would seem to me that despite the fear associated with smallpox, the spread of both diseases is very similar.
Now they theorize that it could spread through fine droplets and you could safely argue the same for Monkeypox.
The primary thing I'm noting is that the amount of infectious material seems to be at a higher requirement for M-pox compared to S-pox.

If M-pox could be spread effectively through the air or even by droplets, this could be a very serious disease with fatality rates in the modern world likely above 3%.

I think its likely fear mongering to worry about Monkeypox at the moment and unlikely to be a serious threat unless it mutates to spread easier which is not likely without assistance.
This aligns with what i’ve read, i don’t have the medical background you have.
It strikes me the attempt is to alert homosexuals without causing panic. If there was ANY way to avoid specifying homosexuals,
it would be done. (i believe this is beyond debate.)

This is a disgusting disease, it can be fatal, but it’s not a lifelong/terminal disease like HIV-AIDS.
It has a long incubation period, up to 50 days? - with or without symptoms? Not good.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Fauci lied to us and said AIDS wasn’t a sexually transmitted disease and that heterosexual people should be worried. Turns out AIDS is mostly confined to homosexuals and IV drug users. The rest of us have no need to worry about AIDS - other than a blood transfusion from a homosexual. I would refuse transfusions unless they guarantee no homosexuals have donated contaminated blood.

Likewise, they lie and say monkey pox isn’t a gay disease yet it primarily spreads at PRIDE events. They lied last time. Why wouldn’t they lie again?
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Josh wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:27 pm Fauci lied to us and said AIDS wasn’t a sexually transmitted disease and that heterosexual people should be worried. Turns out AIDS is mostly confined to homosexuals and IV drug users. The rest of us have no need to worry about AIDS - other than a blood transfusion from a homosexual. I would refuse transfusions unless they guarantee no homosexuals have donated contaminated blood.

Likewise, they lie and say monkey pox isn’t a gay disease yet it primarily spreads at PRIDE events. They lied last time. Why wouldn’t they lie again?
Maybe because the the activists in LGBT community are strong, forceful and sometimes mean. At least they can't sue the Monkey Pox, for discriminating against them.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:27 pm Fauci lied to us and said AIDS wasn’t a sexually transmitted disease and that heterosexual people should be worried.
Turns out AIDS is mostly confined to homosexuals and IV drug users. The rest of us have no need to worry about AIDS - other than a blood transfusion from a homosexual.

I would refuse transfusions unless they guarantee no homosexuals have donated contaminated blood.

Likewise, they lie and say monkey pox isn’t a gay disease yet it primarily spreads at PRIDE events.
They lied last time. Why wouldn’t they lie again?
All of this and more.
Did you view the video, end of P.1? Not everyone is fooled by tap-dancers.

It’s disenheartening to witness.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

temporal1 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:12 pmAll of this and more.
Did you view the video, end of P.1? Not everyone is fooled by tap-dancers.

It’s disenheartening to witness.
I don't really watch videos, but I did learn about monkeypox a number of years ago and also learned it is associated with risky behaviour such as promiscuous sexual behaviour and slaughtering bushmeat. People should not be eating monkeys and gorillas.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

WHO renaming monkeypox virus after scientists voice concern that it is 'discriminatory and stigmatizing'
At least 1,600 monkeypox cases have been reported across more than three dozen countries
https://www.foxnews.com/world/who-renam ... riminatory
0 x

UNKNOWN
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

The CDC has published their recommendations for Social Gatherings, Safer Sex and Monkeypox

We've now reached the level of degeneracy where government agencies tiptoe around going to great length to avoid saying the truth, that homosexuals are so promiscuous and commit such unspeakable acts that they creating new AIDS-like diseases.

It would be comical if it weren't so disgusting.

I'm sure the CDC's recommendations will be a big hit at the bath houses, and will be followed fastidiously. Maybe if each gay person limits their number of new partners to 30 each weekend, instead of 50, we can beat this thing!
If you or your partner have (or think you might have) monkeypox and you decide to have sex, consider the
following to reduce the chance of spreading the virus:
● Have virtual sex with no in-person contact.
● Masturbate together at a distance of at least 6 feet, without touching each other and without touching any
rash or sores.
● Consider having sex with your clothes on or covering areas where rash or sores are present, reducing as
much skin-to-skin contact as possible.
● Avoid kissing.
● Remember to wash your hands, fetish gear, sex toys and any fabrics (bedding, towels, clothing) after having sex.
● Limit your number of partners to avoid opportunities for monkeypox to spread.
Seriously, how hard would it be to say, "If you or your partner have (or think you might have) monkeypox, NO DO NOT HAVE SEX"
0 x