Elon Musk. Twitter. Babylon Bee.

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Elon Musk. Twitter. Babylon Bee.

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:47 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:18 pm It is interesting that you hold up Elon Musk and RFK Jr. to be experts on most of those topics.
If I needed information about what it's like to be fabulously wealthy, I'd consult either of them...
Yes of course.

But being extraordinarily wealthy pretty much insulates one from even having to think about most other issues that the rest of us face on a daily basis.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:09 am
Josh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:47 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:18 pm It is interesting that you hold up Elon Musk and RFK Jr. to be experts on most of those topics.
If I needed information about what it's like to be fabulously wealthy, I'd consult either of them...
Yes of course.

But being extraordinarily wealthy pretty much insulates one from even having to think about most other issues that the rest of us face on a daily basis.
The super wealthy (like Jeff Bezos) seem to instead sit around thinking about how to make life more miserable for the bottom half of society, instead. Amazon is busy right now asserting that the National Labor Relations Board is unconstitutional. They're joined by... Space X and Trader Joe's.

Yes, the richest people in America are busy asserting that lowly workers in America have too many rights and that it's too easy for them to organise.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i’m puzzled how when articles, interviews, etc., are shared on a DISCUSSION forum, some jump to the conclusion this is endorsement, promotion, both or other, ignoring the idea information is shared seeking opinions.

Elsewhere in this topic, wrt Elon Musk, i believe my most typical description of him is: Intelligent, and, ECCENTRIC.
RFK Jr., i give a “meh,” he has some interesting views, some, not so much.

Both are outside mainstream, or legacy politics.

i did not intend to promote or endorse either men, nor the podcaster.

i found the interview interesrping.
i found it interesting how the podcaster did not insert himself into the interview.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

^^intersrping interesting :P
0 x

UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

This is from 2 years ago. I doubt they would ask him to host it now. He does a good job describing himself and landing a few laughs.

It might be live, but easily seen it was scripted. Not that being scripted is bad.

2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:36 am This is from 2 years ago. I doubt they would ask him to host it now. He does a good job describing himself and landing a few laughs.

It might be live, but easily seen it was scripted. Not that being scripted is bad.
[media]https://youtube
ha. it sounds like he agrees with my assessment. :mrgreen:
0 x

UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:12 am i’m puzzled how when articles, interviews, etc., are shared on a DISCUSSION forum, some jump to the conclusion this is endorsement, promotion, both or other, ignoring the idea information is shared seeking opinions.
Seems like a reasonable assumption to make if something is just deposited in a thread with no commentary from the poster. If opinions are being sought, offering your own is a good place to start.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:40 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:12 am i’m puzzled how when articles, interviews, etc., are shared on a DISCUSSION forum, some jump to the conclusion this is endorsement, promotion, both or other, ignoring the idea information is shared seeking opinions.
Seems like a reasonable assumption to make if something is just deposited in a thread with no commentary from the poster. If opinions are being sought, offering your own is a good place to start.
logical. (not my impression of how this forum operates.)

i’ll add, i often think lots of responses are offered without bother to read/view the linked info.

Ernie does well with this by requesting no responses until after reading-viewing. i don’t mind if no one reads-views. i agree with Ernie, it’s more meaningful when it’s done.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Some of us have Elon Musk interviews very far down on the list of our priorities have things to watch.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:49 pm Some of us have Elon Musk interviews very far down on the list of our priorities have things to watch.
Not even the one where he smokes pot on Joe Rogan?

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr