Gender confusion

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Gender confusion

Post by temporal1 »

March 2024 / VATICAN NEWS

Pope Francis: Gender ideology is the ugliest danger of our time
“Addressing participants in the international Symposium "Man-Woman: Image of God.”
Pope Francis describes so-called gender ideology as the "ugliest danger" of our time, because it cancels out all differences that make humanity unique.”
https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news ... -time.html
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:31 am March 2024 / VATICAN NEWS

Pope Francis: Gender ideology is the ugliest danger of our time
“Addressing participants in the international Symposium "Man-Woman: Image of God.”
Pope Francis describes so-called gender ideology as the "ugliest danger" of our time, because it cancels out all differences that make humanity unique.”
https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news ... -time.html
Francis is really growing on me. Neither left nor right, he makes both the conservatives and liberals mad, whilst simultaneously getting both the conservatives and liberals to say he agrees with them.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Canada / More on WPATH

Jordan Peterson with Michael Shellenberger / This Cannot Be Ignored / -21min
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I've been watching this thread with a question formulating in my mind. When I think of an issue like gender confusion, I see many factors at play like small streams merging to create a river. Family dysfunction and personal choice play a role but also the environment of a culture or society that has unhealthy, inhuman ideas at a foundational level. I can't help but believe a lot of people caught up in this confusion would not have this struggle if they lived in another time or culture.

Not long ago it was common to hear arguments on MN that societies or cultures could not be harboring sin like racism since that is a theological violation of the gospel where people are sinful, not societies. Under this analysis fault lies only with the individual and therefore it is anti-biblical to suggest or advocate societal reforms. Now the common ideas for responding to gender confusion seem to involve legislation or electing better government officials.

Would anyone like to offer a synthesis of this discrepancy where society contributes to one evil but not the other.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I'd like to know, when a gay couple gets engaged, who wears the ring?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 am I'd like to know, when a gay couple gets engaged, who wears the ring?
I sold an engagement ring to a lesbian couple once. The “butch” partner proposed to the “femme” partner who wore the ring.
0 x