Gender confusion

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Gender confusion

Post by steve-in-kville »

Ken wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:23 pm
Or maybe we can do "three strikes and we take your bat away"
Quote worthy, right there
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

Police say Ruby Taverner was formerly known as Martin Taverner, while Muscat was formerly known as Amber Muscat.
https://nbc25news.com/news/local/police ... nt-complex

So sad and messed up! Theoretically, this now deceased transgender couple, could have the same sexual relations any heterosexual couple is capable of, only in this case the "woman" had male body parts and the "man" had female body parts.
1 x
GaryK

Post by GaryK »

Our estimate of the number of youth who identify as transgender has doubled from our previous estimate.
https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/ ... ed-states/

It looks like the gender fluidity indoctrination is working.
1 x
GaryK

Post by GaryK »

Racism at heart of trans bishop's exit, but corruption allegations surface
https://www.ebar.com/news/latest_news//316368
0 x
GaryK

Post by GaryK »

California transgender teen, family hope to be an inspiration to others

Even Fox News is joining in on the gender fluidity indoctrination bandwagon.
0 x
GaryK

Post by GaryK »

I'm sharing these things because I think it's important for serious minded followers of Jesus to recognize that it should not come as a surprise when serious opposition and even persecution comes our way because of standing for truth on this issue and many other Kingdom values.
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

GaryK wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:18 am I'm sharing these things because I think it's important for serious minded followers of Jesus to recognize that it should not come as a surprise when serious opposition and even persecution comes our way because of standing for truth on this issue and many other Kingdom values.
These treatments they push on the young have serious ramifications... research is set up to eliminate anyone who has de-transitioned leaving the true numbers in the dark. Many teenagers are confused by the changes in their body and society is telling them it means they are trans. Later, often after irreversible damage has been done they are left wracked with the problems and still struggle with gender despite having all the treatments. This is a mental health disorder propagated on the youth and there are severe consequences.
I have read multiple accounts of people crying in helplessness after the damage is done as the trans community ostracizes them for coming to the realization that it all was a lie. Now they are dependent often for life on the medical industry due to the destruction they did to themselves.
An anorexic is not of sound mind and no doctor would ever encourage this body image disorder yet here the doctors are endorsing the butchering of the body to fix gender dysphoria.

It should come as no surprise that these people are still badly confused and rather then seeking to help them, the Right uses them as talking points to score victories for their audience. Just try to find therapists that won't push you into transitioning, they are rare indeed.
4 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Francis Shaeffer famously noted that the danger of an atheistic society isn't really unbelief, it is that they will believe anything. Such is the case...common sense right out the window.
7 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist:
.. and rather then seeking to help them,
the Right uses them as talking points to score victories for their audience.

Just try to find therapists that won't push you into transitioning, they are rare indeed.
from what i’ve read, now over years, “seeking to help” has been roundly+formally prohibited as hate+hate crmes. :(
any mention of help is hated and forbidden - by force of the sword.

thus resulting in your ending sentence. therapists must abide by force of the sword. or lose their licenses.
GaryK wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:18 am I'm sharing these things because I think it's important for serious minded followers of Jesus
to recognize that it should not come as a surprise when serious opposition and even persecution comes our way because of standing for truth on this issue and many other Kingdom values.
God have mercy.
joshuabgood wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:04 am Francis Shaeffer famously noted that the danger of an atheistic society isn't really unbelief, it is that they will believe anything.
Such is the case...common sense right out the window.
No bottom to the pit.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

GaryK wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:11 am Even Fox News is joining in on the gender fluidity indoctrination bandwagon.
Conservatives have no teeth when it comes to the trans issue.

https://newpolity.com/blog/a-conservative-dilemma
There is a certain Republican type—decent, red-faced, hates the Democrats, owns a business, loves America—who frowns in disbelief at the thought of a girl cutting off her breasts to align her flesh with whatever feverish ideal it lacks. This man, I am afraid to admit, is also paying for his wife to have her own breasts cut open and stuffed with silicone. Both women will end up with scars, and while we might indulge a moment to rank their vices in the manual tradition—obviously, the wife is beset by a vision of her perfection that is nevertheless an ideal of the female sex, while the girl is involved in a more tenuous repudiation of her sex altogether—still, the difference between the cosmetic surgery and the “gender reassignment” surgery is hardly so mountainous as to stick a flag in it. Both view sex, in its surprising, interrupting nature, as a disappointment vis a vis an invisible, ideal body; both attempt to control the thing by the rational application of scalpel and capital—about $10,000 in either case. The one becomes, she says, a male—or, more likely, a trans-identifying non-binary freedom fighter. The other becomes, she says, more “confident”—and presumably her husband agrees. Both become something more fundamental—something worth spending money on.
1 x