Russia Invades Ukraine 2022

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine 2022

Post by JohnHurt »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:12 pm Some of it is also just accounting games. Like, for example, when the US sends Abrams Tanks to Ukraine they are just pulling older tanks out of storage depots and putting them on ships. These were tanks that were built and paid for decades ago and that have been mothballed due to downsizing. But they still count them as representing $10 million a piece in aid each, even if it isn't a dime of new money. so 100 Abrams tanks shipped to Ukraine would count as $1 billion of military aid, even though it isn't any new spending.

Same thing when they send artillery ammunition. This stuff has a finite shelf life. It doesn't really cost anything to empty out American warehouses of older munitions that will expire and need to be replaced anyway. Saves us from having to dispose of it in fact.
Hello Ken,

We still have to use money to replace the old tanks sent to Ukraine, otherwise, the USA would not have to spend 46 billion dollars on a losing war. So it is not "free" to send money to Ukraine.

Artillery shells keep literally forever. I understand Russia has been shooting old artillery shells from WWII. A few years ago, a friend let me shoot his British Enfield with .303 ammo from WWII, and it never misfired. Ammo keeps forever, it if is kept dry.

CNN says we have allocated 113 billion dollars to Ukraine, with 43 billion dollars already spent.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/21/politics ... index.html

The government just printed up these billions of dollars for Ukraine and sent it. Nobody earned it. That is why we have runaway inflation - they are telling us inflation is 3.5% when it is over 10% in the grocery stores:

https://www.biden-mart.com/

So, it is either one of two things:

Either corruption, as the money we sent to Ukraine went elsewhere, like to the Democratic Party, or corrupt Wall Street, as Ukraine is noted for corruption, or,

Or incompetence, as we really did send all of that aid and equipment over there, and our tanks, guns, HIMARS, jets, anti-aircraft, etc are absolutely no match for the Russians. (which is even scarier). Or, no Ukrainian knows how to use what we send over there, and so it was stupidly incompetent to send it to Ukraine in the first place.

So it is either corruption, or incompetence. Take your pick.

I vote for corruption, as there is no evidence that the money made it to the defense contractors. It is obvious we are not in a booming war-time economy with all of these lucrative defense contracts employing millions of people.

But if someone want to argue corruption and "incompetence", then that is a valid point. Perhaps it is both.

But regardless, after two years, whatever we have done, it is not working. The money has been wasted.

And to top it off, if the 2020 election had not been stolen, this war would have never happened in the first place under Trump. He would have gotten a peace deal with Russia, and made the Ukrainain Azov Nazi Brigade stop shelling Russian speaking Ukrainian villages - so Russia would have never invaded Ukraine in the first place.

Russia was asking for a peace deal that the Russian speaking Donbas and Luhansk regions of Ukraine become autonomous under neither Ukraine or Russia, that the Soviet built irrigation canal be turned back on for the Crimea, and that Russia's claims to the Crimea since the time of Catherine the Great be acknowledged. That is what it would have taken to never had the war in the first place.

And, when Trump is reelected in November (if the Democrats don't steal the election again), I predict that the war will be over in February of 2025, two weeks after he takes office. That is, if the Democrats don't have us in a nuclear war by election day.

Everyone should look on the last 3.5 years of Democrat rule in sheer horror. Shutting down our own pipelines, blowing up the Nordstream pipeline, sending Boris Johnson to kill the peace plan that both Russia and Ukraine would have accepted without our meddling, and all of the dead bodies that resulted from this war. And potentially starting WWIII with nuclear war between Russia and the USA. How could you do any worse?

If there was ever a time that Satan was in charge of America, is is right now. All of the violence in our cities, the flood of illegals across the border, and drag queen story time hour. And then the murder of hundreds of thousands of people in Ukraine. All on one US administration. It is unbelievable. They all need to go to jail.

I understand that January 6th will become the new "National Entrapment Day" federal holiday next year. We need to remember the political prisoners in the USA whose only crime was to walk through an open door into the Capitol, and arrest the FBI assets like Ray Epps that made it all possible but are walking around free. And arrest all of the BLM people that burned down our cities, too. And arrest Michael Byrd who shot an unarmed woman in the neck in cold blooded murder, and got away with it. And the list could go on for a long time.

Have a great day.

John
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

JohnHurt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:36 pm
Artillery shells keep literally forever. I understand Russia has been shooting old artillery shells from WWII. A few years ago, a friend let me shoot his British Enfield with .303 ammo from WWII, and it never misfired. Ammo keeps forever, it if is kept dry.
The metal under good conditions will last a very very long time. Filled with explosives, the same isn’t true.
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b160/ ... d10cc9.pdf

So, it is either one of two things:

Either corruption, as the money we sent to Ukraine went elsewhere, like to the Democratic Party, or corrupt Wall Street, as Ukraine is noted for corruption, or,
I have heard that some that was sent never actually made it to see battle but was resold on the black market.
Or incompetence, as we really did send all of that aid and equipment over there, and our tanks, guns, HIMARS, jets, anti-aircraft, etc are absolutely no match for the Russians. (which is even scarier). Or, no Ukrainian knows how to use what we send over there, and so it was stupidly incompetent to send it to Ukraine in the first place

Do you know what weapon systems the US has actually sent? I know the Strikers went and performed very well in combat. I can’t source that for you as my sources are Striker crew and not an internet page.
I vote for corruption, as there is no evidence that the money made it to the defense contractors.
I’d be willing to bet that one who tried could find several more then this one I quickly found
https://www.c4isrnet.com/industry/2022 ... stockpile/

That’s two claimed facts that I showed are false with one additional being unprovable by my sources as well as one I agree partially with you on.
It is obvious we are not in a booming war-time economy with all of these lucrative defense contracts employing millions of people.
I completely disagree, our defense industry is rubbing their hands together with such greed it’s sickening.

But regardless, after two years, whatever we have done, it is not working. The money has been wasted.
Depends on how you define wasted.
And to top it off, if the 2020 election had not been stolen, this war would have never happened in the first place under Trump. He would have gotten a peace deal with Russia, and made the Ukrainain Azov Nazi Brigade stop shelling Russian speaking Ukrainian villages - so Russia would have never invaded Ukraine in the first place.
So… why did the fighting continue there after he got elected? Why did nothing change? Seems like nothing actually changed with his election.
Russia was asking for a peace deal that the Russian speaking Donbas and Luhansk regions of Ukraine become autonomous under neither Ukraine or Russia, that the Soviet built irrigation canal be turned back on for the Crimea, and that Russia's claims to the Crimea since the time of Catherine the Great be acknowledged. That is what it would have taken to never had the war in the first place.
Can you source that peace claim? I’m not as familiar with that.
And, when Trump is reelected in November (if the Democrats don't steal the election again), I predict that the war will be over in February of 2025, two weeks after he takes office. That is, if the Democrats don't have us in a nuclear war by election day.
Assuming he wins, which I’m extremely skeptical of, this prediction will not pan out.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Soloist wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:24 pm JohnHurt wrote: ↑Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:36 pm

The metal under good conditions will last a very very long time. Filled with explosives, the same isn’t true.
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b160/ ... d10cc9.pdf
Page 266 of the article you supplied indicates that TNT has a shelf life of 35 years, 15 years for dentex. It tells you in the very first paragraph on page 263 that it all depends on how the ammunition is stored.

Here is what the NRA says about ammo shelf life, if it is stored in an ammo can:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/con ... helf-life/
Many individuals who purchase and store quantities of ammunition are served well by storing it in sealed, military-surplus ammunition containers. Kept in a climate controlled, secure location, away from unauthorized personnel, these containers will preserve the ammunition indefinitely.

The reason there is no expiration date on a box of currently manufactured ammunition is because, when stored properly, it is projected to have an unlimited life span.

As an aside, I personally have fired ammunition loaded more than 100 years ago with excellent results. Advancements in primers, powder, cases, projectiles as well as in storage containers and accessories have improved the reliability of ammunition to a point that, properly treated, there is no reason for concern for your ammunition’s longevity.
So, yes, the Russians are clearing out their old surplus ammo from as far back as WWII. And I did shoot .303 British from WWII and it worked fine.
Soloist wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:24 pm Do you know what weapon systems the US has actually sent? I know the Strikers went and performed very well in combat. I can’t source that for you as my sources are Striker crew and not an internet page.
Whatever they sent is not working.
Soloist wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:24 pm I’d be willing to bet that one who tried could find several more then this one I quickly found
https://www.c4isrnet.com/industry/2022 ... stockpile/
That is "only" 500 million dollars, where are the other 43 billion dollars?

Even if you show that the money actually went to a defense contractor, there is a tremendous amount of waste in the DOD.
Soloist wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:24 pm I completely disagree, our defense industry is rubbing their hands together with such greed it’s sickening.
If that money is really in our economy, then how come the rest of us are broke? Shouldn't it be filtering down by now? I know WWII got us out of the Great Depression.

Wherever the money went, it did not make it back into our own local economies.
Soloist wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:24 pm So… why did the fighting continue there after he got elected? Why did nothing change? Seems like nothing actually changed with his election.
The fighting started in earnest from the Nazi Azov brigade against the Russian speaking people in the Donbass under your "boy" Biden, Nuland and Blinken. There was no war between Ukraine and Russia under Trump. The Democrats started and engineered this war in Ukraine.
Soloist wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:24 pm Can you source that peace claim? I’m not as familiar with that.
https://dailytelegraph.co.nz/news/boris ... nsky-ally/
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2022/ ... nian-paper

You won't find anything critical of Zelensky in the mainstream dinosaur controlled media, as they are run by the CIA:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird
Soloist wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:24 pm Assuming he wins, which I’m extremely skeptical of, this prediction will not pan out.
I agree with you on that one. If the Democrats steal the 2024 election like they did the 2020 and 2022 elections, then there will be endless war in Ukraine.

I have never seen such hatred of a political party. But it is more than hating Democrat / Republican, or white vs black, or old vs. young.

It is the people that are being ruled that absolutely hate the ruling class. A ruling class that uses these bogus electronic voting machines instead of paper ballots to give the illusion that they are "popular", when everyone hates their guts. 81 million votes for Biden, yeah, sure it was.

And no, my sons are not going to fight in some stupid war in Ukraine. They ought to send Hunter Biden, Rachel Levine, and all of the Drag Queen Story Time people. And everyone that has a "Ukraine Flag" to support Ukraine - they ought to draft all of them and put them on the front lines. And especially the Soros family and the ruling elite, like the Rockefellers and the Rothchilds. Put them all over there on the front line in a bunker and let them "fight for freedom", and the rest of us could have peace at last.

Yes, and supposedly we are "fighting for democracy" in Ukraine by supporting Zelensky. Zelensky has outlawed all of the other political parties, and shut down churches, but somehow he is not a "dictator". Did you ever see the videos of Zelensky dancing in high heels, or playing the piano with his you know what? What a pervert!

If we have one good honest election (which isn't possible with electronic voting machines and mail in ballots that came from a copier), then all of these people would be out of office and most of them in jail.

If the 2024 election does not get these people out of office, then voting does not work and we will understand that we are living under a dictatorship here in the USA. Once separated from the will of the people by voting, our government can pass any law the want, just like the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany that both had fake elections.

Take care,

John
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

JohnHurt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:54 am Page 266 of the article you supplied indicates that TNT has a shelf life of 35 years, 15 years for dentex. It tells you in the very first paragraph on page 263 that it all depends on how the ammunition is stored.

Here is what the NRA says about ammo shelf life, if it is stored in an ammo can:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/con ... helf-life/
Many individuals who purchase and store quantities of ammunition are served well by storing it in sealed, military-surplus ammunition containers. Kept in a climate controlled, secure location, away from unauthorized personnel, these containers will preserve the ammunition indefinitely.

The reason there is no expiration date on a box of currently manufactured ammunition is because, when stored properly, it is projected to have an unlimited life span.

As an aside, I personally have fired ammunition loaded more than 100 years ago with excellent results. Advancements in primers, powder, cases, projectiles as well as in storage containers and accessories have improved the reliability of ammunition to a point that, properly treated, there is no reason for concern for your ammunition’s longevity.
So, yes, the Russians are clearing out their old surplus ammo from as far back as WWII. And I did shoot .303 British from WWII and it worked fine.
You do know that it’s been reported that Russian failure rate is relatively high for their shells right?
Secondly, bullets are substantially different from artillery shells.
Next that article basically is speaking about several different things, the shell itself will last almost indefinitely if stored well. The compounds inside do not and even under optimal conditions have decay rates which make them unstable. I’m not arguing over bullets, I’m arguing about the compounds in high explosive shells.
NRA isn’t going to tell you about military grade shells…
Whatever they sent is not working.
How do you define working? Weapons systems can work very well while not actually turning the tide or outcomes. The V2 rocket, the Tiger 2 and jets that Germany made were very effective but there wasn’t enough of them to actually change the war.

That is "only" 500 million dollars, where are the other 43 billion dollars?

Even if you show that the money actually went to a defense contractor, there is a tremendous amount of waste in the DOD.
I don’t disagree but you basically said you couldn’t show it and now you are arguing a different point. The data is there and if you want to argue over financial waste in the DOD, I don’t see a point. There is data to disprove your first claim. Can you accept your position was not accurate?

If that money is really in our economy, then how come the rest of us are broke? Shouldn't it be filtering down by now? I know WWII got us out of the Great Depression.

Wherever the money went, it did not make it back into our own local economies.
That’s talking about filter down economics. I’m not an economist and really can’t address it. I’m sure some google warrior here can do that.

The fighting started in earnest from the Nazi Azov brigade against the Russian speaking people in the Donbass under your "boy" Biden, Nuland and Blinken. There was no war between Ukraine and Russia under Trump. The Democrats started and engineered this war in Ukraine.

I don’t vote, no loyalty to Biden or Trump. Your claim isn’t historical and even on Mennonet people discussed these acts in the Donbas region.
0 x
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Soloist wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:25 am You do know that it’s been reported that Russian failure rate is relatively high for their shells right?
Next that article basically is speaking about several different things, the shell itself will last almost indefinitely if stored well. The compounds inside do not and even under optimal conditions have decay rates which make them unstable. I’m not arguing over bullets, I’m arguing about the compounds in high explosive shells.
I think you are making this stuff up as you go along.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

JohnHurt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:17 pm
Soloist wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:25 am You do know that it’s been reported that Russian failure rate is relatively high for their shells right?
I think you are making this stuff up as you go along.
Soloist has a bit more “hands on” experience with the military than you or I might have.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

JohnHurt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:17 pm I think you are making this stuff up as you go along.
That's about what I think about half of your posts.
0 x
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Soloist wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:56 am
JohnHurt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:51 am
I think you are right. I am beaten. I must give up. Apparently I am arguing against a type of "superior consciousness."

As my mom always said, "Never argue with someone that is omniscient, because no matter what you say, they can counter "No its not!", and you will always lose by finding you have wasted your time.

So, "you win!"
That makes sense.

I accept your robust surrender and appreciate you admitting you are wrong.
I had forgotten my earlier encounter. Sorry again.

Here is the usual information we get from the USA propaganda sources about Russian shells blowing up:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2 ... 5adbed734c

Russia’s Artillery Is Wearing Out And Blowing Up

Russian artillery batteries in Ukraine appear to be running low on ammunition as Ukrainian rockets blow up more and more supply dumps.

And that’s not the only problem Russian gunners are having as Russia’s wider war on Ukraine grinds into its fifth month. Their artillery tubes are exploding, too.

Photos that appeared online in recent days depict two Russian guns with what Mark Hertling, a retired U.S. Army general who commanded forces in Europe, described as “banana-peeled” barrels.

That is, split and bent-back after bursting mid-use. According to Hertling, the banana-peeled tubes of one towed gun and one self-propelled gun are evidence the Russians are wearing out their artillery pieces—and not repairing them.

“Here’s what happens when you don’t do maintenance,” Hertling tweeted. “You can bet there were associated casualties.”

Artillery failures are just one data point in a wider set of indications that the Russian army is worn out, and getting wearier, following months of intensive operations aimed at capturing the twin cities of Severodonetsk and Lysychansk in eastern Ukraine’s Donbas region.
The Forbes article, written by a junior clerk - probably retyping some document he received from the CIA, was written in August, 2022. It implies that Russia is running out of artillery shells, and Russia is "on the ropes."

Then compare the USA propaganda and predictions to what is happening "today" on the liveUA map:

https://liveuamap.com/

This map is not propaganda, it is based on daily reports from the Ukrainian military.

Russia has been consistently blasting the Ukrainian army to pieces with an endless supply of artillery shells, however old these shells may be, they still work.

You can turn the clock back on the map and see the number of places shelled by the Russians each day, as reported by the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense. And you can see how the Ukrainian Donetsk lines are failing.

Bakhmut and Adviika have fallen, as have Soledar, Krasna Hora.

Chasiv Yar is on a hilltop, and looks like it will be encircled.

The tide is turning.

And the credibility of the Forbes writer is now zero. He indicated that Severodonetsk and Lysychansk would soon be liberated in 2022, and they are still hopelessly inside the Russian lines.

We need to be careful about citing US propaganda sources. The only thing you can trust are real time reports from the ground. I understand from other reports that the Russian are further west than what is displayed on the map, but the Ukrainians are not reporting it.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Tide turned a long time ago, but they haven’t lost yet.

I don’t expect Ukraine to hold out without boots on the ground from Allies.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 pm Tide turned a long time ago, but they haven’t lost yet.

I don’t expect Ukraine to hold out without boots on the ground from Allies.
I think if NATO ends up in the Ukraine, then it's no longer a regional conflict and we might be looking at World War III. I don't think anyone has the appetite for that.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford