Ivermectin

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: Ivermectin

Post by silentreader »

haithabu wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:08 pm An awful story coming out of the hospital in Rimbey Alberta which for us strikes close to home.

Short form:

Alberta Health has instituted a hard prohibition on the use of Ivermectin to treat Covid in hospitals.

The doctor in question tried and was unable to obtain IVM in prescription form for deteriorating patients, was warned off from using it, contacted a sympathetic local pharmacist who was likewise unable to get it legally and instead obtained it from a feed supply store. The pharmacist ascertained the composition and the safety of the "horse paste" and passed it on to the doctor who administered it to his patients.

They began to improve; however the doctor was fired the next day and shortly afterward had his hospital privileges revoked throughout the province.

This story has been corroborated on several different levels, including by Alberta Health in a round about way (They acknowledge the doctor's existence and the fact that his privileges have been suspended.). It appears on the blog of Brian Peckford, a former Premier of Newfoundland.

https://peckford42.wordpress.com/2021/1 ... peaks-out/
The situation in Alberta is troubling on several levels.
2 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

haithabu wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:04 pm
Valerie wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:39 pm
haithabu wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:45 pm

Thank you!
We will be praying for your family and Jason too. Was he hospitalized with pneumonia?

I agree with your observations. You've got to jump right on it right away- our mistake, was assuming it was an allergic reaction only to the dust since Neil was cleaning out our enclosed garage he spent a couple days in, with his allergies to dust- he started right in with his typical sinus issues after doing something like that. Thank the Lord a couple days later I decided to get them tested just in case it wasn't just a reaction to his allergies. Sure enough he had covid. We couldn't understand why he didn't catch it when I had it for 2 weeks although I honestly think his immune system was threatened and wreaking havoc on his body because of his allergic reaction he was inflamed. I really been reading a lot about your immune system and ways that it could be strong or weak. Inflammation makes you much more prone to viruses. A lot of people are inflamed and don't realize it, and our diets contribute to that quite a bit.

Yes this round of covid is much different than the first I've noticed but you've noticed. We watched our Church live stream and they had a prayer request for five different people that have covid. My recommendation would be start right away if you have symptoms and you were tested positive and not to delay anything. We had the protocol supplements but again I feel like Neil's reaction to his Dutch allergies really wreaked havoc on him because you can get pneumonia from bacteria and you can get pneumonia from a virus so he might have a double whammy going on I don't know.

Anyway prayers for all keep us updated
Jason has pneumonia and is currently being megadosed with antibiotic via IV. If it doesn't respond the next stop is a ventilator so please make a special point of praying for him tonight. The other friends sound like they are experiencing the same thing only milder at this point.

I have read that bacterial pneumonia is a common sequel to Covid and often what kills people in the end. Just as it was with Spanish Influenza back in the day.

Kelsey is feeling better and sitting up in bed. Carl also feeling better and I talked him out of going right back to work. He was particularly reluctant to take IVM ("hard pass") but obediently started taking it yesterday - "to please dad and wife" - when his sister arrived to be the family's Angel of Mercy. I told him that taking Ivermectin was like Pascal's wager with medicine: if it doesn't work there's nothing lost and if it does work there is much to gain. :)
Do you happen to know if they're using remdesivir to treat covid in your hospitals? There are things I don't like about it, but that's what they gave meal for 10 days in a row. It's an antiviral and they gave it to him I think intravenously.

That may have kept Neil off of a ventilator I'm not sure he never had to go on anything that serious to treat his oxygen level. I think it's crucial that you monitor someone's oxygen so that you take them in before it's very serious. I don't know what would have happened had we delayed.

I know of two stories where a family got a lawyer involved to get ivermectin used in the hospital
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ivermectin appears to be effective when used very early (before symptoms are bad), but makes much less of a difference once you're already quite sick (oxygen levels low, trouble breathing, etc.)
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:41 pm Ivermectin appears to be effective when used very early (before symptoms are bad), but makes much less of a difference once you're already quite sick (oxygen levels low, trouble breathing, etc.)
Yes, one of my former Amish friends down in Holmes county says ivermectin has been very successful and getting people quickly doing better. So why on Earth with all the testimonies that are real life testimonies do they continue to forbid ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine as early covid treatments. Why did they like they did with my husband just tell him to go home and take Tylenol.
1 x
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Post by haithabu »

A girl came through tonight to pick up some Ivermectin for her mother, presently in hospital, and her grandma, at home with long Covid symptoms. We discussed how to administer it to her mother without drawing the attention of hospital staff.

This depletes my stock except for what I have in reserve for my wife and myself. I have two reorders in, one of which has been already shipped. I worry that they will cut off sales any day now even of the farm version. They really are dead set against anyone using Ivermectin, having it is almost like possessing a Bible in the Soviet Union.

The two cases I presently know of in hospital are on antibiotics. Neither is as yet on Remdesivir although I understand that it is part of the protocol.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

haithabu wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:55 pm A girl came through tonight to pick up some Ivermectin for her mother, presently in hospital, and her grandma, at home with long Covid symptoms. We discussed how to administer it to her mother without drawing the attention of hospital staff.

This depletes my stock except for what I have in reserve for my wife and myself. I have two reorders in, one of which has been already shipped. I worry that they will cut off sales any day now even of the farm version. They really are dead set against anyone using Ivermectin, having it is almost like possessing a Bible in the Soviet Union.

The two cases I presently know of in hospital are on antibiotics. Neither is as yet on Remdesivir although I understand that it is part of the protocol.
If you weren't getting the farm version (horse paste) what were you getting?
Would you recommend that for Jason while in hospital?
Wonder what would happen if they see it in the labs?
How is Jason?
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

1 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

Families suing local hospitals to administer Ivermectin to dying COVID patients
https://www.whec.com/coronavirus/news10 ... s/6261160/

This was a fully vaccinated man the hospital refused to give Ivermectin to. And that, after a court ordered them to.
0 x
haithabu

Post by haithabu »

Valerie wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:30 pm
haithabu wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:55 pm A girl came through tonight to pick up some Ivermectin for her mother, presently in hospital, and her grandma, at home with long Covid symptoms. We discussed how to administer it to her mother without drawing the attention of hospital staff.

If you weren't getting the farm version (horse paste) what were you getting?
Would you recommend that for Jason while in hospital?
Wonder what would happen if they see it in the labs?
How is Jason?
We are getting the farm version. One supplier suspended orders of IVM without a veterinarian's prescription but the other supplier apparently hasn't got the memo yet. They just confirmed shipment of my most recent order.

At this point Jason's main challenge appears to be pneumonia though he is holding even. I would still recommend it for him but AHS seems dead set against it regardless of what individual doctors think.
0 x
haithabu

Post by haithabu »

haithabu wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:04 pm
Jason has pneumonia and is currently being megadosed with antibiotic via IV. If it doesn't respond the next stop is a ventilator so please make a special point of praying for him tonight. The other friends sound like they are experiencing the same thing only milder at this point.

I have read that bacterial pneumonia is a common sequel to Covid and often what kills people in the end. Just as it was with Spanish Influenza back in the day.

Kelsey is feeling better and sitting up in bed. Carl also feeling better and I talked him out of going right back to work. He was particularly reluctant to take IVM ("hard pass") but obediently started taking it yesterday - "to please dad and wife" - when his sister arrived to be the family's Angel of Mercy. I told him that taking Ivermectin was like Pascal's wager with medicine: if it doesn't work there's nothing lost and if it does work there is much to gain. :)

Kelsey went into the hospital last night suffering from dehydration and as it turned out, pneumonia. The doctors are concerned that her blood pressure remains low and there are indications of blood clotting so they are going to give her a CT scan to see what's going on. She had gone off the IVM a few days ago to try a homeopathic concoction.

Carl is still doing well but we are concerned about him getting over tired - he was up quite late at the hospital. Our daughter is there to care for their 3 kids and so far is symptom free.
0 x