Seattle’s (former?) Capitol Hill neighborhood

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Seattle’s (former?) Capitol Hill neighborhood

Post by temporal1 »

You asked a question, i answered.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:01 pm You asked a question, i answered.
I'm still puzzled by the obsession on the right with places like Capitol Hill. We get breathless coverage on Fox any time some random Starbucks or convenience store closes. But never a peep about Starbucks or groceries or even crime in places like Lynwood or Sammamish Federal Way or any other random suburb where the vast majority of Seattle-area folks actually live. Whatever problems the greater Seattle area has (and the region is facing lots of problems) the presence or absence of a convenience store or Starbucks on Capitol Hill isn't' even in the top 1,000. Not even in the top 10,000.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Ken wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:20 pm
I'm still puzzled by the obsession on the right with places like Capitol Hill. We get breathless coverage on Fox any time some random Starbucks or convenience store closes. But never a peep about Starbucks or groceries or even crime in places like Lynwood or Sammamish Federal Way or any other random suburb where the vast majority of Seattle-area folks actually live. Whatever problems the greater Seattle area has (and the region is facing lots of problems) the presence or absence of a convenience store or Starbucks on Capitol Hill isn't' even in the top 1,000. Not even in the top 10,000.
And I'm just as puzzled by you watching Fox often enough to know that much about their coverage of Capitol Hill. Why do you keep watching it if it upsets you so much?
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I don't anything about Ken's viewing habits but I do sympathize a bit with his point. Recently a family member texted, worrying about us since crime is spiking in New York. I looked up the stats and violent crime rates in the country where she lives are more than double the country we live in. I don't know how far the "fake news" meme goes but there is a lot of sensational hype in "news" these days.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

ken_sylvania wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:40 pm
And I'm just as puzzled by you watching Fox often enough to know that much about their coverage of Capitol Hill. Why do you keep watching it if it upsets you so much?
I don't ever watch FOX or pay much attention to Capitol Hill except here when for some reason Temp seems it important to draw our attention to it in this forum. Then I wonder why.

I'm just assuming that this obsession with places like Capitol Hill is coming from the right wing media of which FOX is just a handy proxy. I have no idea what Temp's viewing and reading habits are other than to dive deep into the recesses of YouTube to find videos with crazy looking people on the front of them to post here.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:43 pm 2024

Amazon shutting down its Capitol HIll grocery store
https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2024 ... ery-store/
Interesting how a simple, not defined, not Fox, not a video, passing-interest post can inspire such existential angst. :lol:

0 x

UNKNOWN
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Ken wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:01 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:40 pm

I don't ever watch FOX or pay much attention to Capitol Hill except here when for some reason Temp seems it important to draw our attention to it in this forum. Then I wonder why.

I'm just assuming that this obsession with places like Capitol Hill is coming from the right wing media of which FOX is just a handy proxy. I have no idea what Temp's viewing and reading habits are other than to dive deep into the recesses of YouTube to find videos with crazy looking people on the front of them to post here.
Well, well, well.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:01 pm I'm just assuming that this obsession with places like Capitol Hill is coming from the right wing media of which FOX is just a handy proxy.
Obsession? The thread was dormant for six months; t1 posted one news link (from a community news site, not Fox, not right wing media of any description). She's not the one who made it a right vs. left discussion.

Stop it.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:07 pm

Interesting how a simple, not defined, not Fox, not a video, passing-interest post can inspire such existential angst. :lol:

Are you aware of the context of this mural?
0 x
:hug:
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:42 am
temporal1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:07 pm

Are you aware of the context of this mural?

yes. i’ve been thinking about it (but not in direct reference to this bunny trail).

my interest started when i sent this meme to a friend (who really appreciated getting it).

0 x

UNKNOWN