Coronavirus Outbreak

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by haithabu »

nett wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:48 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:25 pm
justme wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:05 am

it is so interesting watching folks change their minds over the course of time.
i remember being told that vitamin c and vitamin d would not help me if i got covid.
Back in March of last year, some people were proposing all that me as needed to prevent covid was taking some vitamins. I felt this was an unwise course of action.

I still haven’t seen much evidence of efficacy of vitamin C and D to cure covid or prevent it, although FLCCC recommends it. There is a lot of evidence for zinc preventing cold symptoms. FLCCC recommends it too. I took lots of zinc last year from March - June, but I never ended up getting covid at all.

It certainly doesn’t hurt to take those vitamins, but until we had more information, I thought to unwise to rely on vitamins and zinc to prevent what seemed to be a deadly disease. Knowing what I know now, I would have worried about covid far less.
Correlating Vitamin D, and COVID outcomes could have been done trivially and without cost. It should have been part of standard COVID treatment to test for Vitamin D deficiency. This would have allowed a large scale study to determine if their was a correlation.

A study has found that almost 9/10 of Covid deaths were associated with Vitamin D deficiency. While that doesn't necessarily prove that Vitamin D supplementation prevents Covid, it does make it the way to bet. Responsible doctors should be advocating for this with their clients.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7761047/
0 x
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

Signtist wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:20 am
nett wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:59 pmThe only thing the FDA approved will not be available until 2024, and will not be approved in pregnant women for another 5 years at least due to FDA rules.
Can you find me a source for that info? It would be of great help to me.
Comirnaty as an approved, standard vaccine will not be available until the emergency immunity expires in 2024

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covid-v ... wsuit.html
0 x
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

haithabu wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:55 am
Josh wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:25 pm

Back in March of last year, some people were proposing all that me as needed to prevent covid was taking some vitamins. I felt this was an unwise course of action.

I still haven’t seen much evidence of efficacy of vitamin C and D to cure covid or prevent it, although FLCCC recommends it. There is a lot of evidence for zinc preventing cold symptoms. FLCCC recommends it too. I took lots of zinc last year from March - June, but I never ended up getting covid at all.

It certainly doesn’t hurt to take those vitamins, but until we had more information, I thought to unwise to rely on vitamins and zinc to prevent what seemed to be a deadly disease. Knowing what I know now, I would have worried about covid far less.
Correlating Vitamin D, and COVID outcomes could have been done trivially and without cost. It should have been part of standard COVID treatment to test for Vitamin D deficiency. This would have allowed a large scale study to determine if their was a correlation.

A study has found that almost 9/10 of Covid deaths were associated with Vitamin D deficiency. While that doesn't necessarily prove that Vitamin D supplementation prevents Covid, it does make it the way to bet. Responsible doctors should be advocating for this with their clients.

Thanks, I had not seen that study. Unfortunately, the sample size was pretty small. It should have been possible to screen all COVID patients for vitamin D, which would have basically given us 100% reliable correlation.

As it is, most people don't know about vitamin, or sunshine being so important.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

haithabu wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:44 am
Ken wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:44 pm
haithabu wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:15 am My son visited a doctor about his knee the other day and had a revealing conversation. He asked "I know some people who definitely won't vaccinate so they are taking horse Ivermectin. I'm afraid that it is unsafe. Is there anything preventing you from prescribing them human Ivermectin since that can do no harm and just might help?"

He was testing the rumour that Alberta doctors are not allowed to prescribe Ivermectin for anything other than scabies.

The doc looked uncomfortable and replied "There may be some other doctors who might but I won't because it doesn't work."

"Well, in that case is there anything you would recommend that they take for prophylaxis or early treatment to mitigate their risk?"

The doctor did not answer.

This is the story of the pandemic. Complete abdication of the medical field in terms of prevention and early treatment. How hard is it to say "Tell them to at least take Vitamin C and D?"
Complete abdication of the medical field in terms of prevention?

We have 3 effective vaccines here in the US and there are a variety of others in use around the world. In terms of preventing Covid I will take my chances with the vaccine over an endless daily or weekly regimen of Ivermectin any day. If people don’t want the actual prevention that is on them. Is it also the responsibility of doctors to come up with a polio preventative for those who refuse the polio vaccine? But if you want your Ivermectin it is easy enough to find. I have some Heartgard in my garage that I give to my dog for heart worms. It is just Ivermectin.

And in any event, the doctor in question was correct in not providing medical advice to patients who aren’t under his care. Doctors should not be providing medical advice to “I have a friend….” The correct answer is to tell the friend to seek medical care if he/she has medical issues. Not to provide 3rd hand medical advice to a patient you have never seen.
It took almost a year of the pandemic to get vaccines to market with no early treatment given to Covid sufferers in the interim. Even now, with breakthrough cases on the rise there is an unmet need for supplements for prevention and therapeutics for early treatment for the vaccinated as well as for the unvaccinated. Yes, it's abdication not to offer and promote what is has been learned to work in fighting the disease around the world.

There is no need for someone who feels relatively safe like yourself to take an attitude of callous arrogance toward those who want to take a different path to risk management. Breakthrough cases already account for 40% or more of Alberta's Covid deaths. There may well come a time when you too would be grateful for something like Ivermectin.
I’m agnostic on Ivermectin. The research on its efficacy are mixed at best and some of the studies most commonly cited in support are riddled with errors and have been withdrawn. Many of the others are too small or insufficiently controlled to provide reliable data. Even Merck, the inventor and largest manufacturer of Ivermectin recommends against its use as a Covid therapy. The reason that most of these data are coming out of the third world is because those are regions that are desperate for alternative therapies since the mainstream options of vaccines and modern anti-virals are in very scarce supply in most developing countries. So they are looking for any alternatives.

Maybe it is the wonder drug. I don’t know. Last year that was supposed to be Hydroxychloroquine. I’m just pushing back on the notion that because a doctor chooses not to prescribe off-label use of Ivermectin, that represents “complete abdication of the medical field in terms of prevention”. That is simply offensive to the many thousands of doctors and other medical professionals who are working day and night to bring this pandemic to an end.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

nett wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:07 pm
haithabu wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:55 am

Thanks, I had not seen that study. Unfortunately, the sample size was pretty small. It should have been possible to screen all COVID patients for vitamin D, which would have basically given us 100% reliable correlation.

As it is, most people don't know about vitamin, or sunshine being so important.
That study is also over a year old. Is there any more recent information?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

No, there is a virtual blackout on any research into alternative therapies that don’t make big pharma lots of money.

Wealthy global elites started this website today:

https://nolicensefordisinformation.org/

They are campaigning to try to get doctors kicked out of their jobs if they don’t repeat the party line on masks and vaccines.
ENCOURAGE THE STATE MEDICAL BOARDS TO HOLD DOCTORS ACCOUNTABLE WHO'VE

Downplayed the seriousness of Covid-19
Denied the effectiveness of masks
Pushed unproven and/or ineffective treatment and medications
Shared conspiracy theories about vaccines
There is no real research or real science. Just a bunch of groupthink, and now attempts to punish any doctors who dare to challenge the groupthink.
1 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Josh wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:24 pm No, there is a virtual blackout on any research into alternative therapies that don’t make big pharma lots of money.

Wealthy global elites started this website today:

https://nolicensefordisinformation.org/

They are campaigning to try to get doctors kicked out of their jobs if they don’t repeat the party line on masks and vaccines.
ENCOURAGE THE STATE MEDICAL BOARDS TO HOLD DOCTORS ACCOUNTABLE WHO'VE

Downplayed the seriousness of Covid-19
Denied the effectiveness of masks
Pushed unproven and/or ineffective treatment and medications
Shared conspiracy theories about vaccines
There is no real research or real science. Just a bunch of groupthink, and now attempts to punish any doctors who dare to challenge the groupthink.
As these vaccines are being mandated for all health care workers in BC the BC nurses union stated they do not support mandatory covid vaccine. The head of the nurses union resigned the other day - I expect more will pushed out as any room for open dialogue about "science" is squashed. When more effort is gone into silencing people, reacting to others rather than sharing truth it looks pretty bad for the medical world or for the Christian.
1 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

Is The Worst Over? Modelers Predict A Steady Decline In COVID Cases Through March
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ium=social
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

The "delta surge" would be more accurately called the "vaccination surge". People get vaccinated, then get sick with COVID. Eventually, once everyone has had it at least once, this will go away - although the losses of freedoms probably will never go away.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

GaryK wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:35 pm
Is The Worst Over? Modelers Predict A Steady Decline In COVID Cases Through March
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ium=social
The curve does look to be headed down again.

0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3