Drunken Amish escape police after DWI in buggy

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
karpos
Affiliation: beachy

Drunken Amish escape police after DWI in buggy

Post by karpos »

Picture this: Two Amish men drinking alcoholic beverages while operating a horse and buggy carrying a 12-pack of Michelob Ultra and outfitted with a giant stereo system.

It's not something you see every day. But the Trumbull County Sheriff's Department in Ohio say that's exactly what they witnessed during a routine patrol in the county's Amish community.
Deputy Eric Hermsdorfer came across the men while on patrol the early morning of September 15. When he attempted to stop and question them about drinking and driving, they leaped out of the buggy and disappeared into the woods by the side of the road, according to a police report.
Meanwhile, the horse pulling the buggy also took off, but Hermsdorfer caught up to it. The men, though, were gone.
Yeah, definitely not a routine stop.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/18/us/amish ... index.html

seriously?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Drunken Amish escape police after DWI in buggy

Post by ohio jones »

It's not something you see every day.
True. Generally it's limited to weekends.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
karpos
Affiliation: beachy

Post by karpos »

ohio jones wrote:
i remember in indiana the sound of amish teenagers in buggies with boom boxes...

clip clop clip clop BOOM BOOM BOOM. hehe
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

karpos wrote:
Picture this: Two Amish men drinking alcoholic beverages while operating a horse and buggy carrying a 12-pack of Michelob Ultra and outfitted with a giant stereo system.

It's not something you see every day. But the Trumbull County Sheriff's Department in Ohio say that's exactly what they witnessed during a routine patrol in the county's Amish community.
Deputy Eric Hermsdorfer came across the men while on patrol the early morning of September 15. When he attempted to stop and question them about drinking and driving, they leaped out of the buggy and disappeared into the woods by the side of the road, according to a police report.
Meanwhile, the horse pulling the buggy also took off, but Hermsdorfer caught up to it. The men, though, were gone.
Yeah, definitely not a routine stop.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/18/us/amish ... index.html

seriously?
Seriously!
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote:
i think i recall this (2018?) incident was mentioned on MN, but cannot locate it. :?
anyone with better memory? :?
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN