Heartening Stories

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Heartening Stories

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:This is who we are. Do not let the media convince you otherwise.

The images are not showing.
i have a feeling this post would be a good one for this “election moment in time.” :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
PetrChelcicky
Affiliation: none

Post by PetrChelcicky »

https://anabaptistworld.org/japan-farm- ... f-justice/

Mennonites at their best: identifying a practical problem and finding a practical solution. (I would have called it "seeds of independence".)
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

PetrChelcicky wrote:https://anabaptistworld.org/japan-farm- ... f-justice/

Mennonites at their best: identifying a practical problem and finding a practical solution. (I would have called it "seeds of independence".)
Good article, Petr. We too, favor heritage varieties and breeds. I will have to look into the Turkey Red wheat variety. Some hybrids are legitimate in that they do resist disease and are not chemically dependent. Those are becoming fewer in number however.

I wonder if crops of the amaranth family such as quinoa is another possibility for that community? Quinoa is adaptable to different climates and quite high in nutritional values.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

With all due respect while I am sure the Epps and people like them are well intentioned that type of thinking were it actually totally carried out would result in food shortages and higher food prices.
I for one do not want to be dependant on governments alone to be responsible for the advancement of food technology. Turkey red wheat was a great seed for its time. Very few farmers would be happy with it today and it certainly would not pay the bills unless you somehow convinced your customers that it was worth paying a substantial premium for. To do that would involved stretching the truth further than I would be comfortable with.
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Oops I just saw this thread was for Heartening stories. Ignore my wet blanket and carry on.
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

appleman2006 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:22 pm Oops I just saw this thread was for Heartening stories. Ignore my wet blanket and carry on.
No worries. :hug:

Jewish couple has been married for 91 years, have 64 grandchildren and they are still deeply in love

When persecution and other heavy duty issues are a daily routine, it puts petty squabbles out the door.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Heartening Story #2 for today:
MaeDell Taylor Hawkins, 98, met her first biological 6th-generation granddaughter in Kentucky
Kentucky woman with over 230 great-great-grandchildren meets great-great-great-grandchild
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

It is often easy to miss the positive. Someone is teaching these kids this kind of action.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Robert wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:20 am It is often easy to miss the positive. Someone is teaching these kids this kind of action.
I like how the kids each helped themselves to a candy after restocking the bowl.
2 x