Coronavirus Outbreak

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:09 pm I’m going to assume the experts at the Cleveland Clinic know what they’re doing.

I’m also going to assume my M.D. who ordered lab tests and then prescribed Vitamin D2 knows what she’s doing.
I would assume that the Cleveland Clinic knows what they are doing.

But I would not assume that you are accurately reporting that they are more concerned about the flu than they are about COVID.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:17 pm
Josh wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:09 pm I’m going to assume the experts at the Cleveland Clinic know what they’re doing.

I’m also going to assume my M.D. who ordered lab tests and then prescribed Vitamin D2 knows what she’s doing.

But I would not assume that you are accurately reporting that they are more concerned about the flu than they are about COVID.
Nobody talked to me about Covid before pre up surgical screening in December, nor to my wife’s cousin last week.

They did talk about any flus, colds, or other illnesses.

There is no masking or concern about having a temperature etc when entering Clinic facilities. That could change but at this point they are unconcerned.

Our family doctor said they are seeing lots of rotaviruses, noroviruses etc. Our children were ill a few months ago and they gave them Covid and flu tests. Negative.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:29 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:17 pm

Nobody talked to me about Covid before pre up surgical screening in December, nor to my wife’s cousin last week.

They did talk about any flus, colds, or other illnesses.

There is no masking or concern about having a temperature etc when entering Clinic facilities. That could change but at this point they are unconcerned.

Our family doctor said they are seeing lots of rotaviruses, noroviruses etc. Our children were ill a few months ago and they gave them Covid and flu tests. Negative.
My Mother's doctor to old he ER he did not recommend her getting the COVID vax this time which surprised all of us, her being 86 & asthma. However my sister was upset and convinced her to get it,- I don't know, her doctor knows her entire history & still didn't to recommend it. Same with our pharmacist (I overheard him discourage as 65 yr old fellow employee).

Yes we went to Cleveland Clinic main campus, no masks nor local Cleveland Clinic.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:29 pm There is no masking or concern about having a temperature etc when entering Clinic facilities.
I expect there would be quite a bit of concern about not having a temperature, though.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Hmmmm.......

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023/10/ ... itals.html
They’re back: Cleveland Clinic to return to masking at Ohio hospitals

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Patients at Cleveland Clinic hospitals may soon be seeing a little bit less of their doctors - their faces, that is.

The hospital system has requested that caregivers and visitors on inpatient floors of its Ohio hospitals return to masking, beginning next week.

“To help limit the spread of viruses and protect ourselves and our most vulnerable patients we are asking caregivers to please mask in inpatient units within our Ohio hospitals beginning Oct. 17 (Tuesday). Visitors and patients are highly encouraged to mask as able,” said the staff email provided to The Plain Dealer.

Cleveland.com has reached out to the Clinic for comment.

The Cleveland Clinic stopped requiring masks for most patients, visitors and caregivers on April 20 of this year, but they were still required in specialized hospital units caring for particularly vulnerable patients.

Masks continued to be strongly encouraged for those with respiratory symptoms or who have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.

Back in April, the Clinic alluded to the fact that the decision to relax its masking policy might only be temporary.

“We will continue to adjust our policies to best serve our communities. This may include requiring masking again in the fall, to help limit the spread of influenza and other respiratory viruses among patients and caregivers,” the news release said.

Both University Hospitals and MetroHealth say they do not have plans to change their current masking policies at this time.
And from the Cleveland Clinic Itself, this is their current guidance. It doesn't seem like they've forgotten about COVID: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/landing/ ... oronavirus
Thankfully, COVID-19 is no longer the global emergency that once turned our lives upside down. But the virus is here to stay.

Now, it’s up to us to stay on top of preventing the disease, when possible, and making sure those who do get it can get the care they need.

New, updated COVID vaccines are now available and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines are ever evolving. That’s why we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about how things are changing here at Cleveland Clinic.

What You Need to Know Before You Come In
Your health and safety will always be our No. 1 priority. But you’ll find we’re doing things a little differently now. From visiting loved ones to wearing masks to getting COVID testing, we have the information you need.

Visitation
While we tightened visitation at first, all of our U.S. locations have returned to open visitation. This is in line with the latest CDC guidance. Plus, studies show visitors to healthcare locations haven't contributed much to the spread.
What does this mean? We will no longer screen you for COVID symptoms when you come to a Cleveland Clinic location. And we’ll no longer have set visiting hours or limit the number of visitors a patient can have — except in some ICU settings.

What do I need to know? We’ll ask you to wear a mask when you’re visiting anyone hospitalized on our floors. If you’re sick, we ask that you don’t come to visit until you’re better. And if you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who tested positive, you’ll need to wait at least 10 days before visiting anyone.

Mask Guidelines
We’re now entering respiratory virus season — a time when we see increasing cases of not only COVID-19, but also the flu and RSV. For many, these viruses only cause mild sickness. But for others, they could lead to serious illness or even death.

Beginning Oct. 17, when you enter any hospital floors where patients stay overnight for care,* please:
  • Wear a mask.
  • Sanitize your hands.
  • Remember proper cough etiquette.
  • Don’t visit if you’re sick.
  • We’re also recommending masking if you have an immune system that doesn’t work the way it should, are at a high risk for complications from respiratory viruses, or if you’re experiencing symptoms of a respiratory virus.
Forgot a mask? No problem. Masks are still available to you at the door, and you can also ask our caregivers for one at any time.

Masks are still required:
  • In hospital units caring for severely immunocompromised patients.
  • For caregivers who perform procedures in which there’s an increased risk of airborne COVID-19 spread (they’ll use a fitted N95 or another respirator).
  • *These guidelines do not apply at our Florida locations. View our Florida location masking policies.
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 is still here – and you can still get it. Thankfully, it’s usually milder if you’ve been vaccinated. Whether you have non-urgent symptoms or were exposed to someone with COVID, it’s important to take a test.

Schedule a testing appointment
If you have a MyChart account and a Cleveland Clinic primary care provider, you can schedule to get a PCR COVID-19 test online. If you need a provider and have non-urgent symptoms, you can schedule an online virtual visit to see a provider who can order the test. We test for COVID at multiple Cleveland Clinic locations.

Take a self-test
If you have private health insurance, Medicaid or Medicare, your insurer must pay for eight at-home tests each month for each person enrolled in your health plan. You can also get free self-tests at libraries, health clinics or order them through the USPS website. They’re also now easy to find at many stores.

Getting an oral antiviral medication
If you’ve tested positive for COVID-19, your symptoms started less than 5 days ago and you’d like to receive an oral antiviral medication, please schedule a virtual visit with your primary care team or one of our providers through the MyClevelandClinic® app on your smartphone or computer. The general Nurse On Call line cannot prescribe oral antivirals. You may also call 866.320.4573 to schedule.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I was in a Cleveland Clinic hospital, inpatient, overnight on Dec 14-15. I think one provider (a doctor) had a mask on. Nobody else did (kitchen aides, nurses, other patients, other doctors etc). Visitors were not required to mask.

I’m going to assume that my surgeon wore, well, a surgical mask - I wasn’t conscious for the surgery. Which has nothing to do with Covid. Before I went in, the anaesthesiologist, his nurse, the other nurse, the surgeon, and the nurse’s aide were all unmasked too.

If the Clinic felt masks were necessary, I’m going to assume they would have had us masking. They were doing so last winter during specific times. I’m guessing their October guidance was changed once Covid season turned out to not be too bad.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Seems there are massive lockdowns in China right now because of Covid.

13 cities are in rebellion and 70 colleges are having massive protests because of the lockdowns. Their college students are protesting and calling for democracy and for Xi and the CCP to step down. Most of this is being blacked out by the CCP.

I have little hope that this will do much, but it seems China is in pretty big financial trouble themselves.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.