Coronavirus Outbreak

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by Signtist »

See how long it takes to hear back, or if I will.
0 x
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

Well, they got back to me. They need to know my full address, phone number, and what organization I am part of, before they will "forward my request to the appropriate division." So we keep waiting. See if people are allowed to request information strictly on a personal level. They already had all that info, except my "organization."
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Signtist wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:26 am Well, they got back to me. They need to know my full address, phone number, and what organization I am part of, before they will "forward my request to the appropriate division." So we keep waiting. See if people are allowed to request information strictly on a personal level. They already had all that info, except my "organization."
You could tell them you are a member of the MennoNet organization
3 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

Hello Cam,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the increase of deaths in the category “Other ill-defined and unspecified causes of mortality.”

In the Daily release of November 27, 2023, it states:

In 2022, the increase in deaths among younger age groups can, in part, be attributable to deaths under investigation by a coroner or medical examiner, which are typically unintentional injuries (e.g., substance-related toxicity deaths), suicides and homicides. Such deaths are classified as "other ill-defined and unspecified causes of mortality" until a final cause of death is determined.

I will follow up with our Health Division to see if they can provide any additional insight on your question regarding "Other ill-defined and unspecified causes of mortality".

I will be in touch with you when I have more information.
In their list of top 50 Causes of Death, there are categories for Homicide, and suicide. It would seem like Substance Toxicity should have it's own category, but I don't see one.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Signtist wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:53 pm
Hello Cam,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the increase of deaths in the category “Other ill-defined and unspecified causes of mortality.”

In the Daily release of November 27, 2023, it states:

In 2022, the increase in deaths among younger age groups can, in part, be attributable to deaths under investigation by a coroner or medical examiner, which are typically unintentional injuries (e.g., substance-related toxicity deaths), suicides and homicides. Such deaths are classified as "other ill-defined and unspecified causes of mortality" until a final cause of death is determined.

I will follow up with our Health Division to see if they can provide any additional insight on your question regarding "Other ill-defined and unspecified causes of mortality".

I will be in touch with you when I have more information.
In their list of top 50 Causes of Death, there are categories for Homicide, and suicide. It would seem like Substance Toxicity should have it's own category, but I don't see one.
Are you talking about overdoses? If you dig down it seems that they classify those as accidental deaths

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-q ... 2b-eng.htm
Unintentional poisonings include accidental overdoses of various illicit drugs, prescription and over-the-counter medications, alcohol, as well as poisonings from solvents and pesticides. An increase in the mortality rate from 4.7 deaths per 100,000 people (1,470 deaths) in 2017 to 5.3 deaths per 100,000 people (1,745 deaths) in 2020, was observed for the most common category of substances, which includes opioids, narcotics, and hallucinogens. Similarly, the mortality rate attributed to the category that includes unspecified drugs and overdoses of a combination of drugs, increased from 3.9 deaths per 100,000 people (1,235 deaths) in 2017 to 4.6 deaths per 100,000 people (1,510 deaths) in 2020. Together, these two categories accounted for 88% of deaths by unintentional poisonings in 2020.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

Along with the information you have already provided, the table mentions "Other causes of death" is a residual category, which includes all causes of death that are not part of the 50 leading causes of death list. The following are defined under ill-defined and unknown causes of mortality (R95-R99): R95 sudden infant death syndrome which includes sudden (unexplained) (infant) death (syndrome) under one year of age, R95.0 sudden infant death syndrome with mention of autopsy and 95.9 sudden infant death syndrome without mention of autopsy. R96 other sudden death, cause unknown includes R96.0 instantaneous death: sudden unexplained (infant) death (syndrome) age one year and over, and R96.1 death occurring less than 24 hours from onset of symptoms, not otherwise explained: death known not to be violent or instantaneous for which no cause can be discovered, death without sign of disease, R98 unattended death which includes death in circumstances where the body of the deceased was found and no cause could be discovered and found dead. And R99 other ill-defined and unspecified causes of mortality which includes death NOS and unknown cause of mortality.
Certainly no mention of a "data artifact due to some change in their data accounting categories."
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I stated this several years ago, in this very thread.

0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I thought that was pretty much admitted at the time that it was just a random guess, and not a scientific distance?
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

RZehr wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:49 am I thought that was pretty much admitted at the time that it was just a random guess, and not a scientific distance?
I remember research coming out saying 6 feet wasn’t even far enough.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Robert wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:34 am I stated this several years ago, in this very thread.

So why?
Why did the people who "knew instinctively" alot of that which is coming out now was what they suspected from the beginning.? Yet we're censored, accused of conspiracy theories- etc.
Hope we remember this "next time".

Look at all the expense businesses (like where I work) went through to mark floors to keep people six feet apart-
It never made sense- you were walking into the space that people just breathed in & out anyway-
I will never forget working in an extremely busy store the entire time & watching people freak if someone got within 6 feet of them- I'll never forget the fear ,& how it affected people in the store & how they treated each other.

He admitted it was made up. But it worked to control & invoke fesr
0 x