Have you had a COVID-19 vaccination?

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.

Have you had a COVID-19 vaccination?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 26

Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 vaccination?

Post by Ken »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:37 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:27 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:13 am

Yikes. A pastrami sandwich there costs $27 now!
It's a tourist trap. They charge what the market will bear. They are still milking their starring role in "When Harry Met Sally". If they charged less the lines would be even longer. At that price they still have lines going down the block. If you can't find other places in NYC to get a sandwich you aren't trying very hard.
12.89 at Atmans in Baltimore, probably as good as Katz. Not under supervision, though, so you can enjoy your treif in the Kibbutz room.
Supervision?

What kind of supervision is necessary to eat a sandwich?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:46 pm Supervision?

What kind of supervision is necessary to eat a sandwich?
A mashgiach supervises the production, not the consumption.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:35 pm German Man Got 217 Covid Shots Over 29 Months
https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/03 ... w-it-went/

According to the article, scientists then tested his immune responses and found them normal.

I would have thought maybe they would have examined his head.
Wife: how odd. Did they offer coffee and donuts at the vaccination site or something?
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Soloist wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:44 am
ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:35 pm German Man Got 217 Covid Shots Over 29 Months

According to the article, scientists then tested his immune responses and found them normal.

Wife: how odd. Did they offer coffee and donuts at the vaccination site or something?
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

There appears to be suspicion that he was selling the vaccination card. Germany kept requiring vaccination way longer than we did. There was a period were you needed a QR code. I actually have one from my travels.
0 x
:hug:
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:22 am

There appears to be suspicion that he was selling the vaccination card. Germany kept requiring vaccination way longer than we did. There was a period were you needed a QR code. I actually have one from my travels.
Yeah, Germany has a bit of a sordid history of requiring special papers to be able to travel or exercise other normal human freedoms.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:22 am Germany kept requiring vaccination way longer than we did. There was a period were you needed a QR code. I actually have one from my travels.
I got mine from Switzerland, which was a little easier to obtain at the time. It was on my tablet, which I left in the room to go to breakfast at the hotel. The hostess was not happy about that, but didn't make me go back to get it.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Lex
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Lex »

The Bible says that Babylon rules the world. That means Babylon also rules Pfizer, the biggest pharma company in the world. Should we trust Babylon and have something injected into our blood that comes from Babylon? Everyone can decide for themselves.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Lex wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:23 pm The Bible says that Babylon rules the world. That means Babylon also rules Pfizer, the biggest pharma company in the world. Should we trust Babylon and have something injected into our blood that comes from Babylon? Everyone can decide for themselves.
When did Babylon start ruling the world?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Lex
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Lex »

Soloist wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:24 pm
Lex wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:23 pm The Bible says that Babylon rules the world. That means Babylon also rules Pfizer, the biggest pharma company in the world. Should we trust Babylon and have something injected into our blood that comes from Babylon? Everyone can decide for themselves.
When did Babylon start ruling the world?
At least since the Neo-Babylonian Empire, since it is the first head (Rev 17:3).
0 x