Have you had a COVID-19 vaccination?

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.

Have you had a COVID-19 vaccination?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 25

Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 vaccination?

Post by Grace »

Robert wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:41 am
Grace wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:13 pm I am attempting to not overthink this. But am I seeing an antisemitic vein in some of the Mennonet threads?

He has been warned and I will not wait for three strikes and out. I will remove him if one more post is anti-Semitic.
Thanks for the job you do in moderating.
2 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:37 am
Josh wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:00 pm Never been vaccinated.

I also like matzo balls and soup, gefilte fish, and noodle kugel… now I’ve kind of got a hankering for Katz’s.
Now I'm hungry for a pastrami on rye.
Yikes. A pastrami sandwich there costs $27 now!
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:13 am

I also like matzo balls and soup, gefilte fish, and noodle kugel… now I’ve kind of got a hankering for Katz’s.
I can believe it. We had a family event this past weekend and traditionally we get takeout pizza. You're not getting a one-topping pizza for $10 anymore, at least not from a *real* pizza shop.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
Lex
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Lex »

Grace wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:13 pm I am attempting to not overthink this. But am I seeing an antisemitic vein in some of the Mennonet threads?

He has been warned and I will not wait for three strikes and out. I will remove him if one more post is anti-Semitic.
Because I say that the CEO of Pfizer is a Jew I get a warning? It's just the truth. Please define exactly what you mean by anti-Semitism.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Lex wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:58 pm

Because I say that the CEO of Pfizer is a Jew I get a warning? It's just the truth. Please define exactly what you mean by anti-Semitism.
He’s also a male. It is an irrelevant piece of information, unless you have something actually useful to say about it. Generally speaking we are not focused on people’s ethnic groups here as somehow being a negative thing.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Lex wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:58 pm

Robert wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:33 pm
  • Do not argue with Mods.
This is another warning, accompanied by a short vacation. Please reread the board guidelines before returning.
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:21 am

I can believe it. We had a family event this past weekend and traditionally we get takeout pizza. You're not getting a one-topping pizza for $10 anymore, at least not from a *real* pizza shop.
you are paying too much. Down here it is 8.95 for a medium. The shop appeared solid enough to me, and the Pizza good. Not enough competition up your way?
0 x
:hug:
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

It's a tourist trap. They charge what the market will bear. They are still milking their starring role in "When Harry Met Sally". If they charged less the lines would be even longer. At that price they still have lines going down the block. If you can't find other places in NYC to get a sandwich you aren't trying very hard.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Ken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:27 pm

It's a tourist trap. They charge what the market will bear. They are still milking their starring role in "When Harry Met Sally". If they charged less the lines would be even longer. At that price they still have lines going down the block. If you can't find other places in NYC to get a sandwich you aren't trying very hard.
12.89 at Atmans in Baltimore, probably as good as Katz. Not under supervision, though, so you can enjoy your treif in the Kibbutz room.
0 x
:hug:
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

German Man Got 217 Covid Shots Over 29 Months
https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/03 ... w-it-went/

According to the article, scientists then tested his immune responses and found them normal.

I would have thought maybe they would have examined his head.
0 x