Outcomes of Overturning Roe Vs. Wade

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Outcomes of Overturning Roe Vs. Wade

Post by Josh »

Ms. Cox is 20 weeks pregnant, and her fetus has been diagnosed with trisomy 18, a condition that in all but very rare cases leads to miscarriage, stillbirth or the death of the infant within the first year after birth.
I fail to see why murdering this baby is “medically necessary”.

If she really needs the procedure so badly… she could get in the car, or hop over to the airport, and go to Kansas or California or something.
0 x
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

Szdfan wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:22 pm
NedFlanders wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:26 pm
Szdfan wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:06 pm A pregnant Texas woman is suing the state for a medically necessary abortion due to the vagueness of Texas law. The suit is about to go before the state supreme court.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/05/us/t ... =url-share

This is a really tragic story. The parents wanted the baby, but diagnosis of Trisomy 18 means that the fetus will not survive and it poses a risk to the mother's life. However, since Texas's medical exemptions are so vague, doctors will not provide the procedure this mother needs.
Is it always someone else’s fault?

You say they wanted the baby - but then did they ever consider the risks?

The modern world is so delusional that you can have your cake and eat it too.

If you don’t want risk than don’t have sex - simple fix.
Huh?

From the article I cited —
In an interview, Ms. Cox said that she and her husband had been excited at the prospect of a third child joining their 3-year-old daughter and 1-year-old son. The couple only glancingly followed the rapidly shifting legal landscape around abortion in Texas as Roe was overturned and bans went into effect.

“I thought I would never need an abortion,” she said. “I want a big family.”
Exactly. She doesn’t NEED one. She is being ridiculous.
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

3 murdered, not 2.
Fully developed human. The unborn child was past 40 weeks, literally on its way to be born in a hospital.

Texas / Father and son charged in killings of pregnant Texas teen and her boyfriend
https://www.aol.com/news/father-son-cha ... 55638.html
.. A conviction for capital murder is punishable by the death penalty or life imprisonment.

The San Antonio Police Department confirmed the charges in a statement and said more charges are pending,
possibly relating to the death of the unborn child. ..
.. Christopher Preciado, 19, was charged with capital murder while his father, 53-year-old Ramon Preciado, was charged with abuse of a corpse for allegedly helping to move the bodies of Savanah Soto, 18, and Matthew Guerra, 22, who were found shot dead in a car. ..
i’ve seen several reports on this, others without mention of the unborn child. :shock:

Is this an outcome of overturning RvW?
In the past, in most cases, the murdered unborn would have counted as a homicide, from the start, not as an afterthought.
Even a much younger unborn. This child was past due.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

T1, what is the link you see between criminal law and Roe?
0 x